Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reccomendations for first 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Bastard
    • Jul 2009
    • 2209

    Originally posted by spenceyadigg
    I'm looking to buy my first 1911 in the $1000 to $1500 range.
    your first 1911 or your first 1911 that you are willing to spend that much on?
    do you have anything else in .45acp?
    do you reload?
    I ask because one thing to consider with getting in to the 1911 platform is the cost of ammo, as you will likely fall in love with the platform and subsequently shoot the crap out of it.

    so as a first I say get a RIA and a few cases of ammo, or if you want something a bit nicer with a SA loaded you might still be able to squeeze out a couple of cases. plus you can always build off of what ever you get later if you choose to.

    Comment

    • #17
      JackRydden224
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2011
      • 7229

      OP unless you are loaded or stinky rich then I urge you to shoot them all before spending your money. You can get a RIA tactical for about $600 OTD and I am not sure if some of those guns in the $1000-1500 range are twice as nice. With the money you save you can easily buy ammo as well as reloading tools, brass and such.

      If you are dead set on that price range though, get yourself a nice Sig.

      Comment

      • #18
        NYRangerfan2
        Banned
        • Sep 2011
        • 187

        love my springfield trp ..... but spending 1-1.5 grand on a first new 1911is pretty good!

        Comment

        • #19
          Press Check
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 4879

          I don't understand why anyone would discourage the OP from buying a high-end production pistol.

          Comment

          • #20
            spenceyadigg
            Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 159

            That is exactly why I'm in this price range Press Check. Every time I buy a cheaper model, I end up buying the higher end ones in the future and sell off the cheaper ones. I minus well save up a little longer and buy the more expensive model as I will probably end up buying it anyways

            Comment

            • #21
              Press Check
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 4879

              Originally posted by spenceyadigg
              That is exactly why I'm in this price range Press Check. Every time I buy a cheaper model, I end up buying the higher end ones in the future and sell off the cheaper ones. I minus well save up a little longer and buy the more expensive model as I will probably end up buying it anyways
              Precisely!

              Comment

              • #22
                JackRydden224
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2011
                • 7229

                Originally posted by spenceyadigg
                That is exactly why I'm in this price range Press Check. Every time I buy a cheaper model, I end up buying the higher end ones in the future and sell off the cheaper ones. I minus well save up a little longer and buy the more expensive model as I will probably end up buying it anyways
                I can totally understand how you feel. There is no point in buying something that you want to upgrade out of as soon as you get it. Some of us, myself included, are just making sure that you know all your option before you buy.

                I'm actually in a similar situation. I want a nice 1911 but I don't plan on overkilling it with a $2000 Springfield or Les Baer. From what I have read, Sig1911s are very good for that price range. Once I sell my guns I'll probably go for a Sig Nitron Rail

                Comment

                • #23
                  spenceyadigg
                  Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 159

                  I do appreciate everyone's opinions. From my research and the help of my fellow calgunners, I will probably end up buying a Springfield, sti, or sig. I really like the look of the Smith and Wesson 1911TA though and it got good reviews. It may not be one of the best so just like every other caliber I buy, one will never satisfy my needs.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Thecommittedfew
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 15

                    I just picked up a kimber tactical pro II, my first 1911 and I love it.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      den888
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 10520

                      Colt, SA, or Kimber

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        PandaLuv
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 641

                        Originally posted by spenceyadigg
                        I'm looking to buy my first 1911 in the $1000 to $1500 range. Prefer black but open to stainless steel as well. I'm looking for a full size and am willing to do SSE. It doesn't matter if it has a rail or not, just that it is reliable and accurate. Also, it will be just a range gun so do you guys recommend the fixed or adjustable sights?
                        if you have that much money to spend, TRP or colt XSE no doubt about it.

                        I got myself a sig cause I didn't wanna spend more than 1k.
                        Молон Лабе
                        I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jayfarley3
                          Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 110

                          Originally posted by PandaLuv
                          if you have that much money to spend, TRP or colt XSE no doubt about it.

                          I got myself a sig cause I didn't wanna spend more than 1k.
                          I have a commander size Colt XSE and I love it! And I'm really leaning towards a TRP for my next one.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            fullspeed1
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 1908

                            Les Baer, Disregard all of that other nonsense.....Do it right the first time.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              PandaLuv
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 641

                              Originally posted by fullspeed1
                              Les Baer, Disregard all of that other nonsense.....Do it right the first time.
                              Les baer and Wilson combat

                              arent they more than 1500?
                              Молон Лабе
                              I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                fullspeed1
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1908

                                Originally posted by Press Check
                                If you have $1,500, spend a few bucks more and get a Springfield Tactical Response Pistol. You'll thank me later.
                                A little more will get you a Baer...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1