Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone else a sucker for stainless?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jdogg2000
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 787

    Anyone else a sucker for stainless?

    While I have a whole bunch of black guns, I think I just prefer the stainless look. I think I'm going to focus on mostly stainless stuff from now on...


  • #2
    rainsb
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 18

    I have yet to buy my first gun- but my number one criteria is stainless. I just love the way the stuff looks.

    Comment

    • #3
      Wombats Are Dangerous
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 1448

      I'm right there with you guys. I've owned nothing but blued, nitrided, parkerized... all in black, black, black. Got my first stainless gun and now I want to replace half my collection with stainless.

      Comment

      • #4
        Travis590A1
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2011
        • 5233

        +1 for stainless all if my handguns are stainless, not only are they rust resistant and durable but they look as if they are brand new and mine are over 4 years old

        Comment

        • #5
          Oneaudiopro
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2011
          • 1188

          Hmmm

          Sorry guys...............I'm only a blue and real wood kinda guy.
          "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

          Comment

          • #6
            Oldnoob
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 2829

            I'm not a SS type of gunner. But my last two pieces just happen to be stainless.





            I do, however, still prefer the carbon steel counter part if they are available.
            Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

            Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

            Comment

            • #7
              gunnerstuff
              Member
              • May 2009
              • 458

              Watch out! You gonna want more...

              Need .50 Beowulf and .458 SOCOM Magazines? Get them: HERE

              Ruger 10/22 TD Field Strip Thumb Screw Knobs... Are HERE!

              Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

              Comment

              • #8
                KandyRedCoi
                Senior Member
                • May 2011
                • 1748

                i dont discriminate i like all colors
                -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                Comment

                • #9
                  SantaCabinetguy
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 15142

                  I have a thing for OD Green, but here is one of my newest purchases:

                  Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                  -------

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    IBJanky
                    Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 330

                    If a gun is offered in blue or stainless, then I'm definitely picking the ss version.

                    I can also deal with bi-tone guns, those are ok too.

                    myke

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Lc17smp
                      Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 477

                      I do like the ss. I tend to shoot my ss pistols less than the others though.
                      Pmag 40 rebuild kits

                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=856259

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        sfhondapilot
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 666

                        I also prefer SS but they require more work to clean. Also, a lot of the SS finishes aren't on the roster.
                        David

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Press Check
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 4879

                          I'm definitely partial to stainless 1911's, but I like parkerized finishes as well.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            kb58
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 614

                            And stainless look awesome with wood grips.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Socalman
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 1339

                              I like pistols in black, wheel guns in stainless steel. Just my particular thing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1