Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First 1911: Sig Nitron Rail

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    drifter001
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 2195

    very nice looking pistol!
    Fir Na Tine

    http://www.socalsubies.com/?referrerid=5243

    Comment

    • #17
      InGrAM
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 3699

      Originally posted by cfusionpm
      That's why I got it!

      I've been bit pretty bad by the 1911 bug recently and I'm already looking to buy a second one! A simple GI/WWII style one. Thinking the Springfield MilSpec or GI, or the more expensive Remington R1.
      You can't go wrong with either, TBH. The RIA GI is a great one too.

      That is kind of funny... I bought the Sig because I can never seem to leave Gi/mil spec 1911's alone . I always end up customizing them and adding to them. Checker the front strap, sights, undercut trigger guard, refinishing, etc... They end up being fun projects but not nearly as nice as just buying a 1911 with all the bells and whistles to begin with. Just something to think about from my experiences.

      Comment

      • #18
        fullrearview
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2008
        • 9371

        I love the feel of their scorpion 1911. Like sex in my hand...


        Oh wait...
        "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

        Comment

        • #19
          InGrAM
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 3699

          Originally posted by jessegpresley
          The Sig 1911 is a high quality 1911 that a lot of people enjoy. After the OP shoots his I have a feeling his polymers will be feeling lonely for many months. But we should be realistic; there is no secret way to build a $1,000 1911 that compares with a $2,000 1911.

          You mention "features" but a $1,000 1911 is missing one critical feature, which is the most important one; a $2,000 1911 has a lot more hand fitting by a skilled gunsmith. You just can't do that for $1,000.00.
          Yes, I said features.... Meaning, checkered front strap, under cut trigger guard, etc... I did not say "craftsmanship." If I had, then you would have a valid point.

          Comment

          • #20
            Plisk
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 3007

            You're doing it right, you got a good shooter there. If you ever decide you need to have some new parts installed, the Sigs are Series 80.
            "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

            Kevin

            Comment

            • #21
              battleship
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 4969

              All the Sig haters must be asleep

              Comment

              • #22
                cfusionpm
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 2926

                Finally shot it today and was kind of confused with my shooting. First two 8 round groups were about 2" at 10yds, but each was almost perfecly 3 inches left. It had been a while, so I thought maybe I was just off, so I picked up the XDM and put a full mag right down the middle. Then, I thought my sights might be off, so I handed it to a rangemaster I know well (who is an excellent shot) and asked him to give it a go. Bullseye. Hmm... Then, I tried a one handed olympic stance and put two rounds in the same hole. Hmm... He said I was pulling with my left hand too much. After switching back and forth between that and the XDM to compare, I've come to the conclusion that having only ever shot thick double stack pistols, it's going to take some getting used to for this thin 1911 frame. It feels good, but I will definitely need to work on a grip that feels comfortable and can take advantage of how accurate this gun is. I normally use a tight thumbs forward grip.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Javi
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 4540

                  Arghhh..Your gun looks so good! I want an 1911
                  Have fun getting used to the Sig!

                  Edit: Oh...Correction: Your Google image imitating your gun looks so good!
                  Originally posted by d4v0s
                  My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
                  R.I.P. Thomas C.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    cfusionpm
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 2926

                    Originally posted by Javi
                    Arghhh..Your gun looks so good! I want an 1911
                    Have fun getting used to the Sig!

                    Edit: Oh...Correction: Your Google image imitating your gun looks so good!
                    The pic in post #5 I took with my Canon 7D as it was resting against my dirty keyboard.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      cfusionpm
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 2926

                      Something else mentioned to me today is that the trigger is different than anything else I own. Instead of pivoting around the top, it pulls straight back. He said I'm probably pushing with my trigger finger too much.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1