Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SoCal Ruger SR1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sendithit
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 196

    SoCal Ruger SR1911

    Who here in SoCal has an SR1911? Where in SoCal did you buy it from? And (if you don't mind sharing) how much was it otd with sse/dros/ffl fees/etc.? Thanks!
    Miles to go before I sleep
  • #2
    keenkeen
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2011
    • 6782

    DAS has had them on order with deposits for 5-7 months now...

    No love yet, but you can get in line....
    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

    Comment

    • #3
      sendithit
      Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 196

      I wonder why its taking so long seeing that enthusiasts in other states have had them for a while now? Is it a DAS problem or a Ruger problem?
      Miles to go before I sleep

      Comment

      • #4
        keenkeen
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2011
        • 6782

        Ruger is backordered like 80k units....(or that's the word on the street)

        More production capacity coming on line but it will be a while to catch up....

        If money in not an issue just order one from gunbroker and SSE...otherwise start waiting.
        Last edited by keenkeen; 01-20-2012, 6:34 PM.
        "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

        Comment

        • #5
          FUBAR
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 2453

          Got one as a Christmas gift to myself.

          Comment

          • #6
            RollingCode3
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 3221

            proforce has a bunch of them in stock........ You can't buy one unless you are a LEO (roster exempt)
            Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

            Comment

            • #7
              SilverTauron
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2012
              • 5699

              Don't feel bad, I cant get them here and we don't even have a roster.

              I didn't even get to lay eyes on one at a gun store until a month after it was released, and when I did see it the only 1 the store had -a Sioux Falls SD Cabellas -was a non-sellable display . They were taking deposits on a waiting list,full payment upfront with a retail price of $899 IIRC and estimated delivery date unknown.

              Rumor has it that Ruger sold through the entire 2011 production run within 60 days of release, and I have little reason to doubt the accuracy of that statement.

              Soon enough supply will catch up with demand and people can start seeing them in stores, but until then I would sit back and watch the gunbroker auctions with some popcorn. One notable sale I spotted when they first came out had a bid go up to $1500 for a NIB example.
              The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
              The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
              -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

              The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

              Comment

              • #8
                sundayduffer
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 527

                Originally posted by FUBAR
                Got one as a Christmas gift to myself.

                i'll take it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  sundayduffer
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 527

                  Up here in San Jose, Metal Dog Tactical will charge.. $100 sse, $40 transfer fee, $25 dros, and taxes on the pistol. The trick here to find a seller (out of state) that is willing to ship to CA. I found a couple sellers on gunsamerica..emailed them to see if theyre willing to ship it to an FFL07, but two of them have turned me down already.
                  Last edited by sundayduffer; 01-20-2012, 7:52 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ornery Ol Bastard
                    Senior Member
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 657

                    ...outliving his nephew...and will be inheriting HIS
                    Free at last Thank GOD Almighty...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Bartin
                      Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 422

                      still waiting for mine from DAS. Also, CYcWidIt or whatever should be showing up soon to crap on the sr1911 real soon

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        socalbowhunter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 2694

                        I've had one in my hand but didn't get to shoot it. It was very nice and if Ruger ever gets it on the roster (and makes enough) I'll add one to my 1911 collection for sure.
                        Sent from free America otherwise known as Utah.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bobby Ricigliano
                          Mit Gott und Mauser
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 17439

                          I am going to break my 'no new guns on 2012' pledge to get this bad boy. The limited availability and fact that everyone.is fawning over it makes the desire to grab one unbearable!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            morrcarr67
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 15053

                            Originally posted by sundayduffer
                            Up here in San Jose, Metal Dog Tactical will charge.. $100 sse, $40 transfer fee, $25 dros, and taxes on the pistol. The trick here to find a seller (out of state) that is willing to ship to CA. I found a couple sellers on gunsamerica..emailed them to see if theyre willing to ship it to an FFL07, but two of them have turned me down already.
                            See if they will ship to an out of state FFL that will then ship to your favorite LGS.

                            There are a few OOS middleman FFL's that are willing to do this. It will add a little more to the cost though.
                            Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                            Originally posted by Erion929

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              sundayduffer
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 527

                              Originally posted by morrcarr67
                              See if they will ship to an out of state FFL that will then ship to your favorite LGS.

                              There are a few OOS middleman FFL's that are willing to do this. It will add a little more to the cost though.
                              I thought about that also. Table Rock Arms in Oregon would do it, but he is out of barrels...and waiting for parts to be returned to him...and also there is a waiting list...man, too much hassles to get a hold of this baby.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1