Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Does this look like rust?
Collapse
X
-
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.Originally posted by redcliffA Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Comment
-
-
Lands are the high part, grooves are the low part. The bulk of the copper is on the lands in your picture with only a very minor streak in the groove at the 3 o'clock position.
Why would you do that? You're just putting tons of additional wear on the rifling. Are you trying to make it into a smoothbore?Comment
-
When I bought my 1911 the barrel seemed to have copper fouling from the factory and I tried to clean it out with CLP but it didn't really do anything. I bought some Gunslick bore foam and that helped clean out a lot of it.Comment
-
Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44
Big Ammo Sale!
Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for SaleComment
-
I have a Ruger SR9c. I clean it immediately after every range trip and have the EXACT same picture. I have gone through almost 2k rounds, firing 150-200 rounds per trip and have never used any other cleaner but CLP. Thanks for the thread. I too was curious but never said anything. Guess I'll try Hoppes in the barrel.Comment
-
going through with a brass brush and cleaner on tuff caked on residue will take forever. With a drill attached the only damage your'll do is wear out the brush.
I usually just use brush and rod, but alot of times on my shotgun barrels i use this method.sigpic
"Gun control is like trying
to reduce drunk driving
by making it tougher for
sober people to own cars"Comment
-
Except for the particles that end up attached to the bristles of the brush that polish(lap) the rifling in the wrong direction.
If you're having a tough time removing residue, use a different solvent.Comment
-
WOW, I've put about 600-700 rounds down my SR9 and it still looks brand new in the light ( i just looked after i saw your photo). I've been using FrogLube CLP on mine and i'd advise that.ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Originally posted by Ayn RandYou seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.Comment
-
i dont know if it came that way from the factory, or it is from the cheap Federal Champion 180gr stuff from walmart.
going to feed it some tul ammo next time (got some from walmart as well) to see if i experience light strikes. These are boxer primed, but i've heard people say they don't do too well in striker pistols.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,474
Posts: 25,148,157
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 24151 users online. 40 members and 24111 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment