Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Springfield 1911 Long Slide. Thoughts?
Collapse
X
-
SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
Diablo Rod & Gun Club
Originally posted by keenkeen"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."Comment
-
-
-
I love my longslide. Had springfield do some work and it is a beauty. The extra mass and length make it a tack driver. Easy and fun to shoot. The slide travel is longer so it is less snappy than a 5inch. More like a longboard vs shortboard in surfing. The longer gives a smoother ride.Comment
-
To the OP
Some folks may not want a more sluggish feeling.
Lots of USPSA shooters lighten the long slide to the weight or under the weight of a 5 inch slide to get back some of the slide speed so that the sights track back into place quicker.
Springing the gun has a huge effect on all of this as well.
It depends on what you like. I prefer a full weight, heavy bull barrel, full dust cover gun. Some of my friends I shoot with prefer short dust cover, bushing barrel guns with chopped up slides.Comment
-
SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
Diablo Rod & Gun Club
Originally posted by keenkeen"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."Comment
-
I converted my RIA full rail tactical into a 6" longslide -
Plus I shoot my .30 Carbine 7" longslide -
Yeah - I like the longslides better than my 5" or 3.5" slide 1911's........
$500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.comComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,729
Posts: 25,150,856
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15684 users online. 141 members and 15543 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment