Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Single Shot 1911 Concept

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xxxx
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1706

    Single Shot 1911 Concept

    We all hate the silly roster. A lot of people do the single shot exemptions, and I think I just came up with a GREAT and SIMPLE one for 1911s!

    Cheap grips with a bar in the middle making it impossible to insert the magazine into the magazine well, hence the only way it could be shot is if a round is placed directly into the chamber. This would be VERY cost effective, it could be done with VERY cheap grips, a drill, and some super glue. Best of all no one is messing with the internals of your 1911!

    So this way we can have pretty much any 1911 we want! Unless I am missing something.
  • #2
    keenkeen
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2011
    • 6782

    Originally posted by xxxx
    We all hate the silly roster. A lot of people do the single shot exemptions, and I think I just came up with a GREAT and SIMPLE one for 1911s!

    Cheap grips with a bar in the middle making it impossible to insert the magazine into the magazine well, hence the only way it could be shot is if a round is placed directly into the chamber. This would be VERY cost effective, it could be done with VERY cheap grips, a drill, and some super glue. Best of all no one is messing with the internals of your 1911!

    So this way we can have pretty much any 1911 we want! Unless I am missing something.
    Yeah, that's basically what they do now...long grip screws to block the magwell and don't forget the barrel swap.

    Some get fancy with the mag well block but none that I know of mess with the internals...your not "missing something" just a little late.
    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

    Comment

    • #3
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      I have some long grip screws if you need them. Get your long barrel and barrel link from Sarco.
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      • #4
        xxxx
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 1706

        I guess I'm just late to the party.

        Comment

        • #5
          keenkeen
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2011
          • 6782

          Originally posted by xxxx
          I guess I'm just late to the party.

          Don't feel bad, your ahead of a lot of FFL's I know...

          "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

          Comment

          • #6
            EBR Works
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Dec 2007
            • 10492

            Originally posted by xxxx

            So this way we can have pretty much any 1911 we want! Unless I am missing something.
            Don't forget that you'll need at least a 6" barrel that gives you an OAL of 10.5" minimum to complete the exempt configuration. Our 1911 SSE barrels are 9". Good idea with the grips!
            Last edited by EBR Works; 01-01-2012, 7:53 AM.


            Check out our e-commerce site here:

            www.ebrworks.com

            Serving you from Prescott, AZ

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1