Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

3" 1911 SSE Barrel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squirrel15
    Junior Member
    • May 2011
    • 55

    3" 1911 SSE Barrel

    So i tried searching to no avail, the closest FFL to me does not have a barrel to bring in a Colt Defender in 9mm through SSE. So my question to you fine folks, is how would I go about finding a barrel for them?

    Thanks all.
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    Sarco has 1911 9mm barrels that are 7", 9" and 16". If you get the 16" barrel be sure to cut it down a little.
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      louscamaro91
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2007
      • 3522

      It's going to be tough. The problem with the 4" inch and below is the ramped barrel.
      I don't know of a manufacture that makes a ramped barrel over 4".
      1911's are the easiest to SSE, some are impossible.

      Comment

      • #4
        chim-chim7
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 1845

        Simple. Buy an extra barrel. Weld on a extension tube.

        Comment

        • #5
          morrcarr67
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2010
          • 15053

          There you go. Get the Colt barrel and the 16" one from Sarco. Cut and weld as needed.
          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

          Originally posted by Erion929

          Comment

          • #6
            Squirrel15
            Junior Member
            • May 2011
            • 55

            Cool, thanks for the help guys!

            Comment

            • #7
              louscamaro91
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2007
              • 3522

              Won't work unless the 3" is a unramped design, which I doubt.
              The barrels Sarco sell are unramped.

              Comment

              • #8
                chim-chim7
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 1845

                All you need is one extra barrel of the same one you already have. All your doing is welding on a tube of steel to lengthen one barrel. It does not have to rifled. The OD has to be the same, but the ID can be larger. A tube of steel is in the pennies. Welded on for a few bucks. Your not going to use it anyway. Just legal purposes.

                Comment

                • #9
                  louscamaro91
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 3522

                  Ramped



                  Unramped

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    louscamaro91
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3522

                    Originally posted by chim-chim7
                    All you need is one extra barrel of the same one you already have. All your doing is welding on a tube of steel to lengthen one barrel. It does not have to rifled. The OD has to be the same, but the ID can be larger. A tube of steel is in the pennies. Welded on for a few bucks. Your not going to use it anyway. Just legal purposes.
                    This would work. Need to have access to a barrel and welder. Might be able to soft solder it on.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Squirrel15
                      Junior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 55

                      Yeah, I understood what chim said. I have noticed that lou comes through for any question asked with answers and usually pictures, I've seen the pictures of your collection and I am jealous.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        morrcarr67
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 15053

                        Originally posted by chim-chim7
                        All you need is one extra barrel of the same one you already have. All your doing is welding on a tube of steel to lengthen one barrel. It does not have to rifled. The OD has to be the same, but the ID can be larger. A tube of steel is in the pennies. Welded on for a few bucks. Your not going to use it anyway. Just legal purposes.
                        I hadn't thought about that. Even better!
                        Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                        Originally posted by Erion929

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1