Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Does anyone use "shooting gloves?" Which ones?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lead Waster
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 16650

    Does anyone use "shooting gloves?" Which ones?

    I normally don't wear gloves shooting, but I'm wondering if it has any benefits at all (grip?) just because the grip safety on my 1911 bugs me a bit.

    Anyone?
    ==================

    sigpic


    Remember to dial 1 before 911.

    Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

    There. Are. Four. Lights!
  • #2
    llamatrnr
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 4194

    Originally posted by Lead Waster
    I normally don't wear gloves shooting, but I'm wondering if it has any benefits at all (grip?) just because the grip safety on my 1911 bugs me a bit.

    Anyone?
    Bicycle gloves are an inexpensive alternative ($12-15) you may want to try first.

    Comment

    • #3
      Yellowneck86
      Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 437

      Hatch gloves
      We live in a society full of cowards and snobs with irrational fears of inanimate objects.

      Comment

      • #4
        racky
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 1044

        i use wiley x's of the hard knuckle variety.

        Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        sigpic
        Originally posted by SnWnMe
        The 45 ACP trail eventually leads to 1911 ownership.

        Comment

        • #5
          zfields
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2010
          • 13658

          Started to recently when shooting the AK. Believe there older IronClad work gloves, really good dexterity in the fingers so it doesn't get awkward shooting with them on.
          Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

          10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

          Comment

          • #6
            cmaynes
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 812

            I use Mechanix work gloves- they are nice, and very much useful with the SCAR's- which get hot pretty quickly....

            Comment

            • #7
              guns4life
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 4916




              Oh wait, you said shooting gloves...NM.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                quarterscalelegends
                Member
                • Jul 2011
                • 115

                my wife uses bike gloves and loves them.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BamBam-31
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 5318

                  What kind of 1911 / grip safety is it? More costly, but I'd look into modifying the pistol to fit your hand better.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Solidux
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 631

                    I use the cheap $3 mechanix gloves you can get from any autozone or etc.

                    1 pair lasted me a whole 18 month deployment as a convoy gunner.


                    Edit:
                    Wow.. they now tailor to the military crowd. Who would have thought?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Bug Splat
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 6561

                      I never liked gloves. They always got in the way and my dexterity went to hell. That all went out the window after one trip to the desert. My guns got so freaking hot just from the sun that I couldn't hold them.

                      I have since bought a pair of gloves at OSH that fit great and feel nice. They have a thin leather protection on the palm and fingers with does great for heat yet I can still feel what I'm doing. They fit tight which is what I wanted. I'd suggest going to a few hardware stores and trying them all on.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Paradiddle
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 1743

                        I'm having a hard time not saying somthing about mall ninjas in this thread....

                        I will say that Mechanix gloves have almost zero tolerance for heat and will readily melt to your hand so be careful handling anything hot (like a barrel) with them.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TheExpertish
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 3451

                          Originally posted by Paradiddle
                          I'm having a hard time not saying somthing about mall ninjas in this thread....

                          I will say that Mechanix gloves have almost zero tolerance for heat and will readily melt to your hand so be careful handling anything hot (like a barrel) with them.
                          Not from my experience. Never used them with guns, but I know they keep me from getting burned by hot running-temp oil filters.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by starsnuffer
                          It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            zfields
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13658

                            Originally posted by Paradiddle
                            I'm having a hard time not saying somthing about mall ninjas in this thread....

                            I will say that Mechanix gloves have almost zero tolerance for heat and will readily melt to your hand so be careful handling anything hot (like a barrel) with them.
                            Cut my hand enough reloadin my shotgun during match practise, the caturizing the cut on my AK gas tube.
                            Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                            10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Solidux
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 631

                              Originally posted by Paradiddle
                              I'm having a hard time not saying somthing about mall ninjas in this thread....

                              I will say that Mechanix gloves have almost zero tolerance for heat and will readily melt to your hand so be careful handling anything hot (like a barrel) with them.
                              I had no problem swapping out 249/240 barrels with the gloves. Never melted to my hands. Not sure which model you're talking about.

                              Not sure what that mall ninja comment was about. Im pretty sure it's your version of our "PX ranger," but I hope it wasnt directed at me.
                              Last edited by Solidux; 10-18-2011, 1:21 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1