Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Full size 9mm recommendation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    redcliff
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2008
    • 5676

    Lots of good suggestions, but I would recommend against a Beretta 92 type if you're a 1911 shooter. The Beretta's slide mounted safety operates in a direction opposite to that of a 1911.

    Keep it simple and stick to a model with a similar frame mounted safety.
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
    "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

    "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
    although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

    Comment

    • #17
      Oceanbob
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2010
      • 12720

      First.....Welcome to Cal Guns...a bunch of nice people here.!

      I have a beretta...I personally don't like it as well as my Browning Hi Power.

      2nd choice would be a HK P30. (different versions have different controls)

      After many years of shooting handguns, I don't like external manual safeties.

      But I do make an exception for the Browning Hi Power, 1911 and Beretta.

      If I had to 'grab' only one 9MM to leave town with it would be my Glock 17.

      Be well and stick around.!

      Bob
      May the Bridges I burn light the way.

      Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

      Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

      Comment

      • #18
        Ventura_Yak'r
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 571

        To avoid making an expensive mistake... Test fire at the range first, then decide!

        Comment

        • #19
          JonnyYao
          Junior Member
          • May 2011
          • 12

          Thanks for the recommendations! The Beretta slipped my mind. Have shot them plenty in the past, never owned one. Last I remember though, the grip was huge. I'm not completely familiar with the beretta lineup, but do they have anything smaller?

          I have something to admit though - I've owned a variation of every single one of those guns listed. Prior to having moved to CA, I lived in CO and was able to enjoy the regular capacity goodness. That's also the reason why I want to look into getting the manual thumb safety version of all of these pistols.

          I've owned: CZ P01, HK P30 (v3), Sig P229, MP (no safety), BHP. With the exception fo the BHP, I've pretty much done the DA/SA version which I've learned to despise. I had to sell those prior to moving to california, so I'm slowly building my collection up again. For what it's worth, of the aforementioned I was most partial towards the M&P, then the CZ.

          Comment

          • #20
            sholling
            I need a LIFE!!
            CGN Contributor
            • Sep 2007
            • 10360

            That's easy - the M&P9. Accurate and reliable with great ergonomics and easily adjustable to fit almost any adult hand.
            "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

            Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

            Comment

            • #21
              HPGunner
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 1359

              If you like to shoot 1911's, I recommend the Browning Hi-Power. I just got one a couple of months ago and I love it. I don't mind the mag disconnect trigger feel. Or how about a commander or government size 1911 in 9mm as an option.

              My other choices would be:
              Jericho 941 (aka baby eagle) if you can find one, unless your a LEO you can get one easily.
              Like others have mentioned the CZ 75B or SP-01 (without the de-cocker) and the HK P30 (off roster). I have and had CZ's, but I have yet to try an HK P30; but they sure look cool.

              Comment

              • #22
                Martin_B
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 92

                Another plus one for the Springfield XD. I like the tactical over the service length; that extra inch makes a difference.
                sigpic

                AKA "Angry Bunny"

                Comment

                • #23
                  SoCal007
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 34

                  If it were me I would definitely go for the HI Power, Beretta or the CZ. If your gonna go full size go all metal get the weight out of the gun, you won't even remember your shooting.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    J.D.Allen
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 2340

                    CZ all the way. Hell of a gun.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Shawn L
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 1783

                      Go find a Springfield Armory Loaded 9MM.

                      For all your shooting needs contact Tom Reese @ FirePower Depot. www.firepowerdepot.com

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        $nake-Eye$
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 656

                        Gorgeous! But expensive!

                        Originally posted by WootSauce
                        HK P30L!

                        All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. Daniel Boone
                        sigpic



                        Cable



                        Guns... Lots of guns... John Wick

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          helpme
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 669

                          9mm 1911 from Springfield, Kimber, Rock Island... All very fun, and much cheaper to shoot than .45

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Mr310
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 5692

                            Get a Glock.

                            /thread
                            WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ap3572001
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 6039

                              In Ca its Beretta 92FS and Sig P226. They have been around for a LONG time........

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                JeremyS
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 2014

                                Originally posted by JonnyYao
                                ...I've pretty much done the DA/SA version which I've learned to despise...
                                Get a single action only CZ 75. Great trigger on those! CZ Custom has a couple options, but here's the basic one: http://czcustom.com/CZ-75B-SA-PolyCoat-9mm.aspx
                                Escaped to WA

                                sigpic

                                My YouTube Channel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1