Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cracked forcing cone on GP100

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    JTROKS
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 13093

    Wow! 2K rounds steady diet of max load 125 grain jacketed bullets. I wonder how many rounds the previous owner shot out of it. One question. When you shoot max loaded ammo like that, do you shoot continuously or give it a break after a cylinder full?
    The wise man said just find your place
    In the eye of the storm
    Seek the roses along the way
    Just beware of the thorns...
    K. Meine

    Comment

    • #17
      sniper5
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 723

      I usually rotate guns after 12 shots so the cylinder and barrel have a chance to cool off. Not shooting rapid. And my wife and I swap after about 2 cylinders full. I like to be able to keep my fingers on the barrel to the count of 10 otherwise things are too hot.
      NRA Lifetime Member
      Omnes Venient

      Comment

      • #18
        BayouBullets
        Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 275

        Did you check the cylinder gap with a feeler gauge when you bought this gun? I've NEVER heard of a GP100 having an issue like this. The things are built like anvils. BUT, .010 and that whole quality of build issue goes right out the window. You'd eventually destroy any cone.
        9mm and 45acp are equally lousy. There's not a dime's worth of difference in REAL terminal ballistics. Get over it.

        Comment

        • #19
          gun505
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 677

          Keep us posted, I have not had any issues with mine.

          Comment

          • #20
            sniper5
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2007
            • 723

            BayouBullets, it was .003 on full lockup.
            NRA Lifetime Member
            Omnes Venient

            Comment

            • #21
              shipwreck
              Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 423

              Originally posted by ckprax
              I thought firearms had to be sent overnight if you were not an FFL?
              Its not federal law - but its "law" for Fed Ex and UPS. I remember the good ol' days when we could ship guns ground... $6-$10 back then..

              But they changed the rules because their own employees were stealing too many guns. So, this shortened the time the gun was in their possession. And since it is an "evil gun," they can pass the cost on to their customers...

              I believe it IS illegal to ship a firearm and not declare it to be a firearms. Plus, if the gun is lost and you pull one of these "machine parts" claims that some guys on gun forums like to brag about - you will be out of luck when filing a claim....

              If he sent it 3rd day - either that guy didn't declare it to be a gun, or an employee made a mistake. Fed Ex and UPS INSIST that you send it next day. Some people claim that they are allowed to ship it a few dollars cheaper by allowing the package to be delivered later in the day (apparently, there are 2 levels of "next day" at fed ex). But, I have asked about this several times at my fed ex hub, and they will not allow it.
              -
              Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!

              Comment

              • #22
                RedFord150
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2009
                • 5665

                Originally posted by ckprax
                I thought firearms had to be sent overnight if you were not an FFL?
                FEDEX will not allow them to be sent Ground, but they will allow 3 day 'courier' service.
                UPS requires overnight and is a pain in the ___.
                God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

                Comment

                • #23
                  RedFord150
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 5665

                  Originally posted by shipwreck
                  ...If he sent it 3rd day - either that guy didn't declare it to be a gun, or an employee made a mistake. Fed Ex and UPS INSIST that you send it next day. Some people claim that they are allowed to ship it a few dollars cheaper by allowing the package to be delivered later in the day (apparently, there are 2 levels of "next day" at fed ex). But, I have asked about this several times at my fed ex hub, and they will not allow it.
                  I not only declared it to be a gun, I re-packed the box inside the hub in front of the employees. 2 employees at the counter both agreed this was acceptable.
                  This was the hub in City of Industry, CA in December, 2008.
                  God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1