Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.45 recommendations SIG vs. Springfield

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    freonr22
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2008
    • 12948

    here :

    Last edited by freonr22; 04-28-2013, 11:00 AM.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dantodd
    We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
    Originally posted by bwiese
    They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
    Originally posted by louisianagirl
    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

    Comment

    • #17
      Cato
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2006
      • 5659

      Sig 1911s have serious quality issues; I'm shocked to hear folks actually recommend them. Go to Sig Forum and poke around.

      Comment

      • #18
        jptopz
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 1100

        Originally posted by Cato
        Sig 1911s have serious quality issues; I'm shocked to hear folks actually recommend them. Go to Sig Forum and poke around.
        The first generation had problems. The new models are great.
        The same things can be said about any make, I had a Springfield loaded that became the red headed step child, the fit and finish was sub par.
        Last edited by jptopz; 07-31-2011, 9:39 AM.

        Comment

        • #19
          X_Factor
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 16

          I have a P220 ST & a SA 1911 loaded. I love both of them. Different beasts when you compare 220's to 1911's. I've got no experience w/ Sig 1911's though. If I could only have one...I'd opt for the SA 1911 w/out any hesitation! If possible try them at the range before you make a decision.
          Last edited by X_Factor; 08-03-2011, 8:21 AM.

          Comment

          • #20
            checkenbach
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1472

            In my mind(scary thought), it boils down to SA/DA(Sig) vs SAO(1911).I sold both of my Sigs(P-220 ST, P226 R)
            and went to DAO or SAO pistols due to having issues with the SA/ DA trigger pull(read lazy).
            I had no issues with the Sigs, and my SAO pistols are Colts.

            Comment

            • #21
              MrExel17
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2011
              • 9170

              +1 - 1911 cant go wrong! Cheers
              "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

              Comment

              • #22
                Foriegn power
                Banned
                • Dec 2009
                • 1035

                I have beef with the Sig 220's ergonomics, I can't grip the pistol thumbs forward or else your fingers will be rubbing on the slide release lever painful.

                Comment

                • #23
                  yzErnie
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 6309

                  Originally posted by Cato
                  Sig 1911s have serious quality issues; I'm shocked to hear folks actually recommend them. Go to Sig Forum and poke around.
                  The original Sig 1911s did have some issues however, a couple years back Sig updated the 1911 line to eliminate those problems. I have sold a ton (almost literally!!) of the Sig 1911s and have not had any of my customers complain about the current models.
                  The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

                  Originally posted by RazoE
                  I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Bongos
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4095

                    After owning, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Yost, as well as other high end 1911, I needed a shooter so I opted to try the Sig1911, I wasn't expecting much as I hated the Sig556 guns (POS to the next degree), but the opportuniy came a nicely priced gun so I thiught I give it a go. If you are looking for a traditional 1911, the Sig 1911 is not for you, go with a SA or a Kimber. But what I like from looking the gun over, I would say the Sig1911 is an evolution of the 1911 design into the modern era, the squarish slide adds heft to the gun, the external extractor is different (do not know if it is anymore reliable than the internal, but since most Semi-Auto has them, I can probably assume so since in standard 1911, you have to rebend them once in a while) and you really get a lot for what you are spending.

                    Functioning:
                    I'm really impress with the Sig 1911s, they are not as tight on the rail to frame, but where it counts, the barrel to bushing and locking link is solid. I have the Sig TTT and was impress with the quality parts that came with the gun, 25 lpi checkering, adjustable nightsights as well as metal MSH. The only issue I had with it was the roll pin on the front sight creep up in the initial firings, I spoke to Sig and they offered for me to send the slide in to inspect, I said I have a roll pin punch and spoke to the gunsmith, he said they use blue locktight, if I wanted to punch the pin back in with a drop. I did and it never came back out. Accuracy in standing improve weaver stance yeilded 2"-3" POA 16 round strings (2 wilson 47Ds) which is good enough for me. No FTF or FTE. I only put about 400 rounds thru it so far. Oh and the only change I did was change out the grips to the VZs.

                    Overall, fairly impress
                    Last edited by Bongos; 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      steadyrock
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 10236

                      Originally posted by Cato
                      Sig 1911s have serious quality issues; I'm shocked to hear folks actually recommend them. Go to Sig Forum and poke around.
                      The quality issues were very early on and have all been corrected for years now. Any newish model Sig 1911 is going to be a great piece.
                      Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Blade
                        Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 154

                        I have a Sig P220 (combat) and a SA Loaded 1911, like previous posts they are very different guns. In my experience, the SA 1911 wins hands down in accuracy and ergos. I have smaller hands so the 1911 fits my hands better, the trigger pull is crisper and easyer to master than a DA/SA P220. However, the one thing that I like on the Sig P220 is that it is far easier to clean! They are both good guns, you can't go wrong with either. What it comes down to is (YMMV):
                        Go to War/SHTF = P220
                        Fun at Range/HD = 1911
                        Operator = G21
                        Techno Operator = HK45
                        Got to be different = CZ

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Sunday
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 5574

                          how about a Dan Wesson!!!
                          California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            9mmepiphany
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 8075

                            If you want a fighting gun that will always work and has outstanding accuracy, I'd go with the 220ST...forerunner of the P220 Elite Stainless. The 220ST isn't in the Sig Catalog, It is kept in production for the CA market.

                            If you'd like a dependable 1911 for great a customer service warranty, the Springfield would be my choice.

                            If you'd like a 1911 with a different look, the Sig fills that niche
                            ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Freq18Hz
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 1243

                              Originally posted by 9mmepiphany
                              If you want a fighting gun that will always work and has outstanding accuracy, I'd go with the 220ST...forerunner of the P220 Elite Stainless. The 220ST isn't in the Sig Catalog, It is kept in production for the CA market.

                              If you'd like a dependable 1911 for great a customer service warranty, the Springfield would be my choice.

                              If you'd like a 1911 with a different look, the Sig fills that niche
                              Yeah that's a good point, one I forgot to stress.

                              I probably wouldn't recommend a Sig to anyone, just based on their abysmal customer service alone. Never dealt with a group of people with such a bad attitude, and condescending demeanor. Their CS easily eclipses the crap factor of even the worst gunshop vibe.

                              Springfield CS on the other hand, is fantastic.

                              Not trying to offend anyone at all, but to me aesthetically the Sig 1911's look to be the epitome of mall ninja. Reading about all the issues and knowing how sucky their customer service is was enough for me to steer clear. YMMV.

                              -Freq

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                sinfear11
                                Junior Member
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 18

                                Sig is good but...

                                I would go Sig. But my personal preference would be HK. But as always pick what works best for you and your situation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1