Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Les Baer break-in question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    OofieXD
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 553

    Originally posted by BillPear
    Not to give you a fright, but when I bought my Custom Carry in April I was told by Les the gun had to be built exactly as listed on the roster which has the FCS. I hope he was wrong or it slides past for you!
    yeah, I heard from John at 1911heaven that Les only ships the exact same configuration as the roster gun. However, John will ship them without the FCS, as long as the 'base gun' is on the roster. Im not sure about custom orders though.

    Comment

    • #17
      BillPear
      Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 386

      Originally posted by OofieXD
      yeah, I heard from John at 1911heaven that Les only ships the exact same configuration as the roster gun. However, John will ship them without the FCS, as long as the 'base gun' is on the roster. Im not sure about custom orders though.
      That is probably true and upon further review of my very finely crafted box there is no CA specific mention

      BTW. I dont reload so I used 500 rds of Federal AE from Palmetto State Armory http://palmettostatearmory.com/529.php

      Last edited by BillPear; 07-27-2011, 6:02 PM.

      Are you better off than you were four years ago?

      Comment

      • #18
        OofieXD
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 553

        Originally posted by BillPear
        That is probably true and upon further review of my very finely crafted box there is no CA specific mention

        BTW. I dont reload so I used 500 rds of Federal AE from Palmetto State Armory http://palmettostatearmory.com/529.php

        thanks Bill for the pic and link. Looks like that is one beautiful packaging for your custom carry.

        Comment

        • #19
          quickstop
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 34

          Do you think the gun knows if it's a reload or not?

          Comment

          • #20
            BillPear
            Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 386

            Originally posted by OofieXD
            thanks Bill for the pic and link. Looks like that is one beautiful packaging for your custom carry.
            Oh you'll be impressed with the packaging

            Are you better off than you were four years ago?

            Comment

            • #21
              Ninja45
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 624

              I used 200 LSWC with 5.3 gr of W231, not a stutter in 485 rounds at which point I disassembled and cleaned the PII. It has smoothen out more as I shoot it.

              Comment

              • #22
                OofieXD
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 553

                ^I'm in the process of getting another Dillon, so I may just have to use what I was using for my Springer (200gr RN over 5.4gr W231). Hopefully OAL will be OK for it. If not, I'll have to get my press faster and pump out some bullets.

                Comment

                • #23
                  stevie
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3856

                  CC without FCS:

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    OofieXD
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 553

                    ^ Heck yea! Hopefully mine comes in on Monday so I can start the 10 day wait.

                    By the way, what rear sight is that? 10-8? You ditched the night sights?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      stevie
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3856

                      Yes, 10-8 rear, still have original front. Works well for me. My TRS is set up the same way.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1