Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

STI 1911?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    hkdad
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 3112

    Originally posted by dwtt
    I think you might be better off buying a Springfield or Para gun before getting a STI. That way you'll really appreciate how the STI shoots after experiencing a Springfield. You know, like getting a VW jetta as your first car so you'll appreciate a Porsche 911 later.

    Yeah, STI's are all right price for what you get.
    Why settle for something less, if you can get the better stuff? If money is not an issue, go with STI or SVI. Can't go wrong with both. And yes, after shooting a sti, you might ditch all the other 1911's you have.
    ˙ǝuılƃıs ʎɯ uı ʇnd oʇ ɹǝʌǝlɔ ƃuıɥʇʎuɐ ɟo ʞuıɥʇ ʇ,uɐɔ I

    "I see an empty magazine, I think it needs to be loaded." -hickok45

    Comment

    • #17
      Rexxss98
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 566

      I've been doing some shopping around for Springfields and alot of places are out of stock. The Sig 1911 Tac Pac is going for as low as 738 with free shipping. It seems like a steal at the moment for that price....
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        E__WOK
        Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 480

        The OP seems to be talking about the single stack, not the double stack.
        Feedback

        Comment

        • #19
          RippSpeed
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 789

          actually I have to disagree with the STI guys ... even though I have an STI...

          I would have to throw in the best of the best is Strayer & Voight or SVI...
          USPSA# TY72824 = Grand Master of Inconsistency

          Comment

          • #20
            icedevil
            Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 457

            Originally posted by RippSpeed
            actually I have to disagree with the STI guys ... even though I have an STI...

            I would have to throw in the best of the best is Strayer & Voight or SVI...
            Probably true, but not really a fair comparison. The STI's are high end production guns while the SVI's are full custom with every last detail spec'd by each buyer. A limited gun from SVI costs twice as much as an STI Edge. A full custom STI by Brazos or other top smith can match an SVI (in price and performance).

            Comment

            • #21
              RippSpeed
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 789

              Originally posted by icedevil
              Probably true, but not really a fair comparison. The STI's are high end production guns while the SVI's are full custom with every last detail spec'd by each buyer. A limited gun from SVI costs twice as much as an STI Edge. A full custom STI by Brazos or other top smith can match an SVI (in price and performance).
              But, other posters were stating what the best was... And that what Strayer & Voight is... There's nothing else left to modify... Get the exact pistol with the exact mods you want ...

              I would have bought the SV Infinity pistol if I have the patience for the 8 to 12month waiting period. I mean I would have been ok in waiting for 2 to 3 months but 8+months after I pay full price deposit is crazy...
              USPSA# TY72824 = Grand Master of Inconsistency

              Comment

              • #22
                SirLoki
                Member
                • May 2009
                • 190

                STI > SVI.... why? because of the mags. STI mags are the most reliable in competition especially in open. People I know modify their SVs to fit STI mags and even companies like Sphinx make their Sphinx 3000 to accept STI mags. My shooting teammate runs a para ordinance and also modified that pistol to accept STI mags.

                Plus you cant buy SV frames..... you gotta buy a whole gun. If I am gonna dump 3k-4k better be something custom that no one else has

                not to stray from the OP's post, decide if you are going to shoot single stack or double stack. If single stack and you do not want to mess with the gun too much go for a TRP. If you are going to mees with it (trigger job, sights, beaver tail etc...) I would recommend a Rock Island Armory. If you are going into double stack then go with the STI all the way.
                Last edited by SirLoki; 08-03-2011, 10:41 PM.
                http://www.jvindustries.net
                http://www.jvdynamics.com
                USPSA MEMBER
                IDPA MEMBER
                NRA LIFE MEMBER
                NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
                CA DOJ Certified Instructor

                Comment

                • #23
                  fullrearview
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 9371

                  I fell in love with the STI Tactical 4.15 9mm! What a great looking weapon... Having 26 rounds is nice too!
                  "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Flyin Brian
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 3395

                    Originally posted by PolishMike
                    Yep we can get any of them. Have an extra tactical in 40 right now
                    I checked it out last time I was in there and it is truly a work of art. I hope to acquire one at some point
                    NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

                    I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

                    Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
                    I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Woodworker2
                      Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 429

                      You might look into a Barso BS-40 http://www.barsto.com/barsto_guns.cfm?ID=BS40 . It is basically a .40 caliber STI Edge and is on the Cal DOJ Roster.
                      sigpic Same boy, better toys

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        FatOnCoke
                        Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 379

                        All the single shot conversion STIs in CA are at or above MSRP + tax. I like the bull barreled hi-cap models.

                        The Duty One is MSRP at $1299 and should be easy to do single shot because it's the same as other 1911s with standard barrel.


                        Or you should waste money and get some other **** before a STI just so you will appreciate it like dwtt suggested! haha! Funny....

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Lead Waster
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 16650

                          Originally posted by fullrearview
                          I fell in love with the STI Tactical 4.15 9mm! What a great looking weapon... Having 26 rounds is nice too!
                          You mean having a 26 round magazine limited to 10 rounds is .... not nice.
                          ==================

                          sigpic


                          Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                          Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                          There. Are. Four. Lights!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Lead Waster
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 16650

                            I would never get a full custom 1911 without first figuring out what I like/dislike about 1911s. If it's your first it'll be a waste. Get an RIA Tactical and shoot it, then figure out what you would add, what you like, what you don't like, etc, etc.

                            If someone came to me and said "I'll build you a custom 1911, what do you want done to it?" I would draw a complete blank.
                            ==================

                            sigpic


                            Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                            Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                            There. Are. Four. Lights!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              trob
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 1881

                              STI is top notch. I have an STI Lawman. Fantastic gun

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Mstnpete
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 2006
                                • 4039

                                Sti & SV are both great.
                                I have 3 that I use in competition shooting.



                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1