Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig Sauer E2 upgrade kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Malmon
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1178

    Sig Sauer E2 upgrade kit

    I just installed one on a Sig 226 and the grip does not lay flat on the right side. There's a gap between the grip and the gun. I tried taking the grip off but I ended up scratching it. Anybody knows if this gap is normal or did I install it wrong?
  • #2
    The Virus
    Banned
    • May 2011
    • 1135

    pop it off bend in the upper part with your hands and pop it back on, that long plastic too should make removal easy.
    mine fits really tight now

    Comment

    • #3
      bsim
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2008
      • 892

      Not normal. You gotta press/stretch it pretty hard to snap it in.
      NRA Life Member
      SAF Life Member
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        rubber duckie
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 820

        It hasn't "popped" into place yet.

        Comment

        • #5
          Malmon
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 1178

          Thank you all for your help. I was able to take it off and bend the edges a bit, then snap it back on. There's still a gap but way smaller than before, I think I'll leave it alone for now since the grip is really scratched up, once this thing is on, its really hard to take off.

          Comment

          • #6
            GuillermoAntonio
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 1526

            quick question:
            What comes with the e2 upgrade kit?
            Hungry for ammo?
            San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

            Comment

            • #7
              The Virus
              Banned
              • May 2011
              • 1135

              grip, install tool, decocking lever, hammerspring strut, spring seat

              Comment

              • #8
                GuillermoAntonio
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 1526

                Hmmm.
                Thanks!
                Hungry for ammo?
                San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Malmon
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 1178

                  For newer sigs, I don't think you need to change anything. Just put on the grip.


                  Comment

                  • #10
                    9mmepiphany
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 8075

                    Originally posted by Malmon
                    For newer sigs, I don't think you need to change anything. Just put on the grip.
                    If you don't change out the mainspring seat and mainspring strut, the grip will interfere with them when you attempt to shoot the gun
                    ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Malmon
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 1178

                      On newer sigs, the hammer strut and spring are enclosed in a plastic assembly attached close to the frame.
                      It looks like this:

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Malmon
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 1178

                        I just found out how to remove this grip using the included tool. Too late for me since I scratched up the edges on mine already, but hopefully not too late for those planning to do this grip upgrade.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          9mmepiphany
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 8075

                          Originally posted by Malmon
                          On newer sigs, the hammer strut and spring are enclosed in a plastic assembly attached close to the frame.
                          It looks like this:
                          That mainspring boot has been around for a long time, that was the one that replaced the bent L-shaped metal mainspring seat. That boot/strut is what interferes with the E2 grips

                          Here is a comparison picture. The E2 parts are on the left, note the shorter boot and the different contour/length of the mainspring strut

                          ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            E. Fudd
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 632

                            If you have an older P226, you may need to also swap out the trigger bar spring.

                            The old style spring (no loop) will keep the top of the E2 grip from fitting flush to the frame.

                            Available at:
                            Guns for sale. Gun Parts for Sig Sauer, Heckler & Koch, AR-15, Glock, 1911 parts. Your top gun supply superstore!


                            Easy to swap.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sturnovik
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 2937

                              Originally posted by E. Fudd
                              If you have an older P226, you may need to also swap out the trigger bar spring.

                              The old style spring (no loop) will keep the top of the E2 grip from fitting flush to the frame.

                              Available at:
                              Guns for sale. Gun Parts for Sig Sauer, Heckler & Koch, AR-15, Glock, 1911 parts. Your top gun supply superstore!


                              Easy to swap.
                              I really need to pick up a E2 pistol and see how it feels. I literally have no better feeling than my old west German Sig. But I wonder if the E2 would fit better. Is the kit hard to put in with an older Sig? I hate the idea of having to cut wires and mess with the internals. But the gun actually looks better with that E2 grip.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1