Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Horrible glock 17 gen4 first impression

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    xxINKxx
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 4289

    My bone stock 3rd gen G17 rtf2 shoots low and left as well..I gotta aim really far to the right too. And my sights are dead center

    Do you think its a way your shooting? I shoot like sh*t with my glock, but can shoot ok with other guns. I know the way im shooting the glock makes me shoot as bad as you.

    I let other people shoot my glock and kill the bullseye. maybe let someone else shoot it to see if its just you. Like I said, all my other hand guns i can shoot good. But just not with the glock (or any glock for that matter) and i originally thought the gun was messed up.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #47
      Quickdraw Mcgraw
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 711

      Originally posted by Yugo
      I have now seen many people with glock17 problems, just youtube it. I am now convinced I will be getting its rival the XD40SC.

      sorry I know this doesnt help the op.

      Diffinetly not helping...Enjoy your Croation toy!

      Comment

      • #48
        tbhracing
        Banned
        • Oct 2008
        • 5523

        OP- Its been my observation that the problems you are having is that you might be shooting with the wrong dominate eye. Your alignment is causing the other problems. Trying shooting with the other eye.

        Comment

        • #49
          simple
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 22

          Alright. Had an experienced flock guy shoot it. First round was a nice shot. Second a miss. All in all, I've come to the conclusion that it's shooter error. I did much better on it today. I was able to attain nice groups. Just a little low and left. So I don't know if it's the sights or me. The brass situation was a lot better. I took very fee to the face but it's still very erratic. Or some rounds will have a nice eject, others will barely make it out. I was very careful to work on my form and grip this time around. So I don't think the problem is limp wristing. The improvement to me says that it may or may not have been shooter error again or the spring is still breaking in. I'm going to leave the slide locked for 2 days and see how the next range day goes.


          Solid advice all around. My glock is workin it's way into my heart. But right now my beretta is still my top dog . Thanks guys!

          Comment

          • #50
            Shenaniguns
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2006
            • 6158

            Gen 4 Glocks are hit and miss in 9mm, Todd Green's 50,000 round torture test has had 5 extraction problems and is on his 4th extractor trying to narrow the problem down.

            He's on 3 weeks and over 5,400+ rounds right now with 5 extractor related stoppages that happened early in the testing.


            From last Friday:

            "To be completely candid, I do not feel like the G17 is out of the woods yet. More than a few friends & students have reported gen4 9mm Glocks that began to experience problems between two and four thousand rounds into their service life. The next couple weeks will be very telling. Either the new extractor will continue to drive the gun forward this year or it, too, will fall down and put yet another dent in the program. Then just as the pistol achieves 4,000 through this new extractor it will be time to replace the recoil spring assembly and we get to see if a fresh (stiff) spring causes further bobbles or runs like a champ."

            More details on the test:


            Some detailed info trying to find the differences in extractors with pics here:
            http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...-have-started-....




            High Speed video of the Gen 3 vs Gen 4:
            Last edited by Shenaniguns; 04-13-2011, 3:29 PM.
            My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

            Comment

            • #51
              Darthbauer
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 717

              I rented a Glock 17 at a range one time and thank god I had a hat on cause every spent shell landed right on the brim to the point where if I wasn't wearing the hat the hot brass would have been landing in between my eye protection and my face. That would have sucked.

              I have shot a lot of other Glocks that did not do this though.

              Comment

              • #52
                fuenstock
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 543

                Originally posted by simple
                I did much better on it today. I was able to attain nice groups. Just a little low and left. So I don't know if it's the sights or me. The brass situation was a lot better.
                Thats exactly like me. Very first Glock range trip and all shots low 2" left 2". I also thought it had to be the sights, but after a couple more range trips and adjusting grip its now shooting dead on. The triggers also softened up.

                Comment

                • #53
                  M-1
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 41

                  I had the same problem as you. Not the brass in the face, but shooting low and left. I do have to say the trigger is pretty pathetic compared to other guns and it will be a while before you get the hang of it. I recently picked up a rtf-17 and couldn't hit the inside of a barn the first time around. The second time it got better. By the 3rd and 4th times I got the hang of it. For me anyways with my big hands, I have to choke up on the grip with my right hand between my thumb and index finger so the front sight doesn't move after i pull the trigger. Because of the choking up on the fingers, I dont use the pad of the index finger to squeeze the trigger, rather I place the trigger between the joint and the pad of the index finger. I hope that made any sense

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    stix213
                    AKA: Joe Censored
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 19002

                    Both of the OP's problems sound grip related. Get another Glock owner to shoot it, I bet it shoots dead on and rarely puts brass in his face.



                    Ejected brass keeps hitting me in the head. What's wrong with my Glock?
                    There is nothing wrong with your Glock. The most common cause of getting brass in the face is an improper or weak grip (limp wristing). If you've worked on your grip and still think the problem is the gun, let an experienced Glock owner shoot your gun and see if they have the same problem.
                    Last edited by stix213; 04-13-2011, 10:45 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      resident-shooter
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 2777

                      Sig > ALL yo

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        kel-tec-innovations
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 3931

                        I'm so sorry that the Glock has caused you such grief. I am willing to this horrible glock off your hand free of charge
                        WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
                        WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
                        American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
                        WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          ChrisTKHarris
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 4203

                          Originally posted by resident-shooter
                          Sig > ALL yo
                          cool story.
                          Don't let the name fool you...

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            dave85620
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 690

                            Originally posted by baz152
                            First, if you want to sell it I will take it.

                            Second, the brass in the face is limp wristing

                            Third, I find Glocks to be one of the best pistols to teach people to shoot on, just as good as a Ruger .22. I find that if a person uses too much or too little finger, grips too loose or too tight, has poor sight alignment etc. etc. a Glock will show it. Now many people would hate a pistol that will point out a persons flaws but I find that it stands to be one of the best teachers and will allow a person to shoot any pistol well.
                            This is exactly why I like Glocks. At first, I thought they werent accurate, but after I actually learned how to shoot, they turned out to be super accurate.

                            Glocks let me get down to the business of shooting. Having a heavy, complicated gun just seems pointless to me now. I dont really need safeties, da/sa, high bore axis and many complicated parts. Just more stuff to get in the way.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Justintoxicated
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 3836

                              Originally posted by stix213
                              Both of the OP's problems sound grip related. Get another Glock owner to shoot it, I bet it shoots dead on and rarely puts brass in his face.

                              http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx..._Practice#head
                              Sounds like everyones buying i-guns. Where's Job's when you need him

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Shenaniguns
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 6158

                                Originally posted by stix213
                                Both of the OP's problems sound grip related. Get another Glock owner to shoot it, I bet it shoots dead on and rarely puts brass in his face.

                                http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx..._Practice#head

                                That information applied to older Glocks that did not have the recoil and now extractor problem of the Gen 4, some of you guys need to follow the links I posted above.
                                Last edited by Shenaniguns; 04-14-2011, 8:16 AM.
                                My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1