Yea I double checked, no one up here in the north bay has them. This is lame :/.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Old Smith Auto's
Collapse
X
-
my friend has a S&W 439, thats a nice gunComment
-
I'd say get one if you have the chance, but it sounds like you've already made that decision. I have a 1006, and love it. I'd like to get a 1066 too.Comment
-
Where do you get PD turn in's at for 4506-1?-If you insult me for my grammar errors, what makes you think I understand the insult?
-Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Are we done
-Voting is like falling off your bike. Sidewalk or street. Both are painful to fall on. But, the sidewalk (Mitt) is closer to the green grass.Comment
-
For years I said no 9mm and no Smith&Wesson autos for me. My mind was changed when I pick up a mint condition Smith&Wesson model 59 for $250. It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. That little gun changed my mind of Smith autos for ever, it shot great very reliable. The only thing I didn't like was that the grip was the size of a 2x4. Being Smith's first high cap auto they took there proven model 39 and shoved a brick up the magwell! I did end up trading it for a pistol that I would carry, but I would buy a Smith auto all over again.Comment
-
I have the 1006, 4046, 4506. they are heavy but they return to target quicker then my Glock 21 and XD 45.
S&W had to stop making them because the retail was up to $700. over 10 years ago.
I see my local CHP with the 4006, what a brick to carry all day, but they solid as hell.Comment
-
If you're looking for SW 3rd gens... try Summitgunbroker.com, Mark's a nice guy and he somehow always get his hands on some LEO trade-in. My two buddies picked up a 4506 and 4566TSW from him a while back... great deals, I think they were both under $350. Or try Gunbrokers.
IMHO, skip the 59 series and get either 40 or 45 series. If you can get your hands on a 4006... it's one of the better SW autos they produced. It has the balance and very controllable in the 40SW. Wish I didn't try my 4006 away years ago.
~dpcComment
-
I have a 4013TSW that I bought back in '97. Its STILL the most expensive gun I've ever bought ($650+). aka "the Shorty 40". I put a Houge grip on it pretty soon after purchase because the OE grips were similar to a cheese grater in texture. The gun is kinda wide for cc. Was really tight when new and still is now. Tricky to break down/reassemble.
Stout recoil but pretty accurate for only 3.5" barrel. Mag only holds 9rds. Has never failed to go bang. Thought about selling it but don't know what I'd get to replace it. I like it but its a bit out dated. Probably would use it as HD gun if my wife didn't like revolvers better. I shoot it once or twice a year otherwise its a safe queen.NRA & CRPA member
semi-docile tax payer
amateur survivalist
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!Comment
-
I have a 4013TSW that I bought back in '97. Its STILL the most expensive gun I've ever bought ($650+). aka "the Shorty 40". I put a Houge grip on it pretty soon after purchase because the OE grips were similar to a cheese grater in texture. The gun is kinda wide for cc. Was really tight when new and still is now. Tricky to break down/reassemble.
Stout recoil but pretty accurate for only 3.5" barrel. Mag only holds 9rds. Has never failed to go bang. Thought about selling it but don't know what I'd get to replace it. I like it but its a bit out dated. Probably would use it as HD gun if my wife didn't like revolvers better. I shoot it once or twice a year otherwise its a safe queen.NRA & CRPA member
semi-docile tax payer
amateur survivalist
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!Comment
-
I've owned and shot all three generations of S&W autos and carried them in the field. The triggers improved with each generation, but they are still loooong if one is used to firing modern, safe actions like Glock or XD.
One of my great regrets was trading away a very accurate Model 39-1 that I had bought new. I missed it so much that within a few weeks I bought a Model 59 that I still have and still shoot 30 years later.
-- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James MadisonComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,269
Posts: 25,146,153
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 37520 users online. 66 members and 37454 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment