Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&W "E" Series 1911s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • erikdjs
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 315

    S&W "E" Series 1911s



    So what do you guys think of S&W's new 1911 "E" Series? Personally, I think they look amazing. And I like the idea of the enlarged extractor.

    I just wish they had a railed version of the commander bobtail.
  • #2
    Cyc Wid It
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 4485

    Well since you asked... everything you said you like about it I pretty much dislike: the serrations are ugly to me and I'm not a fan of the extractor

    Also, I'm not sure I understand why you'd want a railed bobtailed commander as bobtails are generally done to increase conceal-ability, but then if you have a rail you're probably running a light on it.

    Doesn't mean they can't run well/shoot well/etc., just not what I look for in my 1911's.
    WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

    Comment

    • #3
      erikdjs
      Member
      • May 2010
      • 315

      Originally posted by Cyc Wid It
      Well since you asked... everything you said you like about it I pretty much dislike: the serrations are ugly to me and I'm not a fan of the extractor

      Also, I'm not sure I understand why you'd want a railed bobtailed commander as bobtails are generally done to increase conceal-ability, but then if you have a rail you're probably running a light on it.

      Doesn't mean they can't run well/shoot well/etc., just not what I look for in my 1911's.
      Fair enough! It's funny because I like the fish scales.

      I see what you're saying about the bobtail commander, but that's not why I like that style. The bobtail feels better in my hand and a commander feels more balanced to me personally (same goes for a G19 vs. 17 or 34). So yes, I would want to run a light on it. I probably wouldn't ccw a 1911 bigger than an EMP (that's assuming I had a ccw =/)
      Last edited by erikdjs; 04-01-2011, 12:11 AM.

      Comment

      • #4
        jimbos44
        Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 196

        what's wrong with the extractor. ? I think alot of people are afraid of change, and S&W got it right.

        Comment

        • #5
          Old4eyes
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 1757

          We will have to lust for the E series from afar - not coming to California.

          But one of the things I don't like in the current series that has been eliminated in the new series - The Swartz safety. It's one thing less to go wrong.

          I like the lines rather than fish scales from a visual standpoint. But if gripping is better and cleaning is easier, I'll take the fish scale.

          I'd be in line at the store if I could get the Bobtail version.

          Smith will just have to get their sales outside of California for these puppies.
          Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

          Comment

          • #6
            G60
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 3989

            This extractor solves many of the problems that the old s&w 1911 extractors had.
            "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

            Comment

            • #7
              LovingTheYear1911
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 1925

              Im sure its a nice and reliable gun, but they are ugly.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                P1X4R
                Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 154

                Originally posted by Old4eyes
                We will have to lust for the E series from afar - not coming to California.
                yeah, all of them don't have the magazine disconnect that this state requires.

                Comment

                • #9
                  rgs1975
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1927

                  We will have to lust for the E series from afar - not coming to California.
                  Confirmed. I email with S&W about this and they said they are not CA approved and they have no plans of modifiying them so they could be CA approved.
                  It's too late, it's over.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    MKE
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 563

                    I'm not digging the fish scale serrations on the slide and grip.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NewbieDave
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 1277

                      FYI...



                      I would rate it 95% right now... I'm sure production line will iron things out after couple months.

                      ~dpc

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        G60
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3989

                        The serrations are ugly but they work really well
                        "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          rgs1975
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 1927

                          Originally posted by G60
                          The serrations are ugly but they work really well
                          Exactly. Ugly but extremely functional. Like a Glock.
                          It's too late, it's over.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            RealBarber
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 748

                            anyone know which exact models they'll keep producing for California, since we're not going to get the E series?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              morrcarr67
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 15053

                              All the ones that are on the roster now will continue to be made.
                              Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                              Originally posted by Erion929

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1