Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How much do you think ammo will raise?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HealthyGunz
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 88

    How much do you think ammo will raise?

    So, now that AB962 is likely to go into effect, how much do you think the record-keeping will cost us? Will you continue to shoot as much?
  • #2
    Munk
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 2124

    In the short run, ammo will spike upwards slightly, and people will be buying out places like walmart. These people will be the cause of the uptick as they resell the ammo to people who don't want to be fingerprinted.

    Walmart will continue to sell ammo, and is unlikely to change their prices in any meaningful way.

    Gunstores will mark up ammo because of the hassle of dealing with paperwork (if they're jerks that is; the same guys who charge 100+ for a FFL transfer).

    Big 5 will continue to be 20-30% more expensive than it should be.

    After the short-run spike in price, ammo will settle out very close to its current price. Normal cost increases will continue to happen as usual.



    In the meantime: Reloading sales will go through the roof, and will continue at a steady level that slowly shifts downards to natural levels over time. Prices for powder from local sellers will go up slightly, (See: Jerks above). Reloading equipment manufacturers will respond with smiles. If I had money i'd invest in Lee, Dillon and Hornady.
    Originally posted by greasemonkey
    1911's instill fairy dust in the bullets, making them more deadly.

    Comment

    • #3
      HK Dave
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2008
      • 5737

      Originally posted by HealthyGunz
      So, now that AB962 is likely to go into effect, how much do you think the record-keeping will cost us? Will you continue to shoot as much?
      Much of the gun community has serious doubts AB962 will go into effect.

      Comment

      • #4
        Scratch705
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2009
        • 12537

        and yet here we are, just 3 weeks and 4 days away. while some internet vendors have already put their own deadlines for ammo ordering, and some plain out stopping all ammo shipment into CA.
        Originally posted by leelaw
        Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
        Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
        Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
        Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
        Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

        Comment

        • #5
          Futurecollector
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2008
          • 11562

          Originally posted by HK Dave
          Much of the gun community has serious doubts AB962 will go into effect.
          and those people are wrong,
          None of my posts are serious or real, nothing I post is legal advice.

          Originally posted by SanDiego619
          I am a complete idiot

          Comment

          • #6
            morrcarr67
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2010
            • 15053

            You could always get your C&R and COE if the law does go into effect. This would exempt you from the law and you could still buy ammo over the internet. Not to mention get discounts from many different vendors and have some rifles sent right to your house.
            Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

            Originally posted by Erion929

            Comment

            • #7
              DaveFJ80
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2066

              Everywhere I've seen, ammo prices are actually pretty low right now and on sale. Don't know if it'll go up after Feb 1, and I don't care at this point. Already picked up thousands of extra rounds for each caliber that should last me for awhile .

              Comment

              • #8
                choprzrul
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2009
                • 6551

                Zero. My reloading press is very consistant with what it charges me.

                .

                Comment

                • #9
                  Oceanbob
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 12720

                  Could be

                  Originally posted by HK Dave
                  Much of the gun community has serious doubts AB962 will go into effect.
                  We will know in 2 weeks. If that Court challange get's put off, for sure AB962 will happen. Then part 2; once the law goes into effect, there is a chance the first lawsuit would get merit.

                  We can only hope and plan to reload.
                  May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                  Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                  Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    morrcarr67
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 15053

                    Originally posted by Oceanbob
                    We will know in 2 weeks. If that Court challange get's put off, for sure AB962 will happen. Then part 2; once the law goes into effect, there is a chance the first lawsuit would get merit.

                    We can only hope and plan to reload.
                    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                    Originally posted by Erion929

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      RollingCode3
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3221

                      2 bucks
                      Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        WarWolf
                        Junior Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 30

                        I really don't think it will increase by much unless FFL dealers have a hard time getting the ammo from distributors. Some stores within Sacramento CITY limits have already been doing the fingerprint/log thing for ammo for a few months now (at least that I have seen). One of these shops in particular has some of the lowest local prices around on ammunition.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          holiday
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 1400

                          talked to employee at walmart and he said they may stop selling ammo because of the new law...but we'll see pretty soon.

                          why not buy now so you don't have to worry about it...or, start reloading?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            den888
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10520

                            Probably 3-5%, to defray the extra work. I hope not and I hope AB962 gets repealed!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              HealthyGunz
                              Junior Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 88

                              Originally posted by morrcarr67
                              You could always get your C&R and COE if the law does go into effect. This would exempt you from the law and you could still buy ammo over the internet. Not to mention get discounts from many different vendors and have some rifles sent right to your house.
                              TO get a COE, don't you have to be a gun salesman, gunsmith, or gun collector? Or can anyone get one if they pay the fees? Granted, I will likely become one of those 3 eventually anyway!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1