Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Caliber or capacity?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • steve parker
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 28

    Caliber or capacity?

    Hypothetical question.....If you lived in a state where you could carry hi-capacity magazines or were LE in California, and the choice was between a Glock 19 (15 round 9mm) or a Glock 30 (10 round .45 cal.), which would you choose and why? I think I'd take the Glock 19. Even if 9mm is a weaker platform, it would seem that five extra rounds would more than make up the difference. Your thoughts?
  • #2
    melman
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 571

    funny, i was thinking of this this morning. i too will go with a 9mm hi-cap mag over a .45 stopper. i have both but more rounds the better.

    Comment

    • #3
      rromeo
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2009
      • 6981

      I have the choice and opted for a Glock 30sf.
      I really hope ten is enough.
      Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

      - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
      (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

      Comment

      • #4
        Low-Pressure
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 1758

        15 rounds on a dead bad guy versus 10 rounds on a dead bad guy.......I might pick my Calico M100 ................ imagine 100 rounds on a dead bad guy......
        Who's much more dead?
        All kidding aside, pick the one you can shoot better
        ...with liberty and justice for all. Void where prohibited, offer not valid everywhere, price may change. See Big Brother for details.
        Originally posted by zfields
        9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
        Originally posted by bwiese
        Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
        If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
        http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

        Comment

        • #5
          GrizzlyGuy
          Gun Runner to The Stars
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • May 2009
          • 5468

          Glock 19 because I suck at handgun shooting. The more rounds there are, the longer I can keep their heads down while I fall back to where my carbine or shotgun is.
          Gun law complexity got you down? Get the FAQs, Jack!

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            evidens83
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2009
            • 7839

            How about a G19 with a 33rnd magazine
            WTS 10/22 Lasermax laser CHEAP!!!

            Comment

            • #7
              sevensix2x51
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3835

              neither. shot placement trumps both. pick the one that puts rounds on target best, fastest, and most easily. my opinion.

              Comment

              • #8
                dascoyne
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 729

                G30 - since you can also use the 13 round G21 magazines

                ... or just get one of each.
                sigpic
                2010 Black GT Premium. 3.73 gears. Factory Track Pack.
                Saleen VI.5 supercharger (500 hp kit). Chicane stb. JLT Oil Seperators. C&L CAI. JDM Tuned.
                J&M Billet LCA's. J&M adjustable panhard bar. BMR relocation brackets. Steeda Sport Springs. Koni STR.T's. J&M caster camber plates.
                19" 2011 Ford GT500 SVTPP wheels. Nitto INVO 255/35/19, 285/35/19.
                Factory Spoiler Delete. Electronics Package. Security Package. HID.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Vanilla Gorilla
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 11015

                  i would go with the 19 the more rounds the better also size isnt the biggest deciding factor it is all about shot placement you can stop someone with a .22 if it is a good shot the more rounds you send down range the better your odds of hitting what you want
                  That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
                  -John McClane

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mickey D
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 3502

                    I'm a large caliber fan.
                    .45 or .44 spl over high cap 9mm.
                    ***Honesty is the Foundation of One's Character***

                    *** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

                    ***Mature Up***

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Agent Tikki
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 1217

                      Originally posted by steve parker
                      Hypothetical question.....If you lived in a state where you could carry hi-capacity magazines or were LE in California, and the choice was between a Glock 19 (15 round 9mm) or a Glock 30 (10 round .45 cal.), which would you choose and why? I think I'd take the Glock 19. Even if 9mm is a weaker platform, it would seem that five extra rounds would more than make up the difference. Your thoughts?

                      Answer: 15 rounds of 10mm.

                      nuff said
                      He who does not fear the sword he wields does not deserve to wield it.-Kubo Tite

                      Assumption is the Mother of All ****Ups. Speaking of ****ups, where the Hell are all my packages

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Gary13
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 1523

                        When I went to gun stores in Reno, they were all wearing 9mm's, which answered the question for me.

                        I prefer full size, so I would go with the 17.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          locosway
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 11346

                          Originally posted by Agent Tikki
                          Answer: 15 rounds of 10mm.

                          nuff said
                          I'd have to agree here. The Glock 20 and it's 15 rounds of 10mm is a force to be reckoned with.

                          When I wasn't worried about shooting people through engine blocks, I was sporting a Glock 19. 15 rounds of 9mm is just fine, and the difference between a .45 and 9mm is negligible when shooting at fleshy peoples.
                          OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                          NRA Certified Instructor
                          CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                          Glock Certified Armorer

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NewMoe
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 10

                            Accuracy over firepower, Accuracy over caliber, use what you shoot best with, train to get better. Then train some more. But having more rounds is always heart warming.
                            In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
                            John Adamssigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              kTC xDEICIDEx
                              Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 408

                              I'd say caliber, why? Try explaining to the judge why you shot the criminal over 10 times. It's a loose situation friends. 

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1