Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Best Ergonomics
Collapse
X
-
Gotta say, I'm not one to comment on a lot of these, but this is really a stupid question...
Not stupid for asking, no way, but it isn't something you can get a professional opinion on.
For example, the P99 and HK P2000, have felt great, but I couldn't stand the triggers.
I love some pistols people would HATE and trash talk all day on, I haven't jumped on the 1911 crew either <gasp>.
If you're taking a poll, go ahead, but if you want one for yourself, I say take it to the range and try 'em all out.
P.S. I happen to think trigger > ergonomic, for one main reason. Many pistols feel GREAT in my hand, but I can't stand the trigger pull and that takes away my accuracy. The glock feels almost perfect, but I put a Hogue Handall over it and it's a 3rd gen., most people would laugh, but hey it feels better so I don't care. I also feel much better putting a different grip on my gun rather than tinkering with the trigger.Comment
-
-
I said it in my post, but I personally owned the P99, and I shot the P2000 (LEM), and I HATED the trigger (even more on the P99, that trigger is just weird!), so I have to say, as much comfort as they give the hand, I can't trade it off for how much I dislike the trigger.
That being said, different strokes for different folks, you may love those triggers (or the DA/SA on the P2000), but there's more than just the "feel" of the gun.
I happen to really like the HK USPc with a Hogue Handall as well, so I'd take that over the P2000, but then again that's my personal taste, I'm sure there's plenty of people that would hate that.Comment
-
P99 trigger really smooths out after 500-1000 rounds. Mine started off like the typical P99 trigger, but it is like butter now. The singe action trigger is great... the double is a bit weird to get used to at first.
I personally can't stand the USP. Too blocky, though the newer grips have the stipling/checkering softened quite a bit, I don't like the square grip frame.
And getting used to a trigger is much better than having to get used to the grip frame.
I've sold a number of the P99's to girls/women with smaller hands, and I never had a single complaint, and a few of them actually came back and thanked me for spending the time with them to help them pick it out.Comment
-
I tried several p2000's and hated the triggers as well. I was looking a while back and tried one again at a local shop and this trigger was beautiful. Fluke, I dont know but it gets better every time I shoot it. Got it right then and there. The 220 still feels best in hand with the P2000 a close second. Accuracy goes to 220 hands down. Still cant get use to the Kimber though
.
Comment
-
best ergonomics is such a personal thing. Depends on your hand size, grip style, etc., etc.Comment
-
For me, XDs are nice, as well as 1911s and CZ 75sComment
-
I'm going to get flamed for this, but glocks work for me. I like the grip angle and double-stack width. I appreciate the lack of external safeties, and the trigger is consistent and acceptable. The proof is, of course, in how well a gun shoots for you, not how it looks or feels. Glocks look unelegant (ok, butt-ugly), but they always put the bullets where I want them.
I did have a brief love affair with a 1911, but it ended badly. There were trust issues.
Comment
-
Sig P-220, P-226, P-225, P-228, P-210, P-226 X-FIVE, P-250.... :-P
HK's are nice too P2000, USP,
XD-9Originally posted by ar15barrelsIt will only get better now that I'm here too...Comment
-
I was also going to say the Steyr M series but didn't think that anyone would believe me. Wifezilla and I both think that it fits both of our hands better than any other pistol that we've shot and my hands are size Men's-XL and hers are size Women's-small.Frank
One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAFComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,916
Posts: 25,153,171
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15063 users online. 123 members and 14940 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment