Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is a good 380 model?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • USMC VET
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 1004

    What is a good 380 model?

    I searched for a thread and couldnt find one so I apologize if this is a duplicate. Im interested in getting a .380 auto handgun and just wanted to get some opinions on a certain model or maker that produces an affordable model. By affordable I mean paying 700 for the beretta 380 just isnt something id like to do.
    SO MANY GUNS....never enough money

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • #2
    BHPFan
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 2264

    Have you looked at the Bersa ?
    I don't own one, but if you use the Search button, you'll find there are Calgunners who praise it.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

    Comment

    • #3
      FUBAR
      Senior Member
      • May 2010
      • 2453

      Sig 232

      Comment

      • #4
        BigDogatPlay
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2007
        • 7362

        +1 for a Sig P230 or P232. Owned, carried as a BUG on the job and recommended. Walther PP / PPK series guns are terrific, but they get waaaaay spendy.

        Bersa guns are an excellent value and those who have them seem to swear by them. I've only fired one example. It was okay but not what I would consider my first choice
        -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

        Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

        Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

        Comment

        • #5
          Trapper
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 2159

          +1 for the Sig 230, the Walther PPK is a fantastic pistol but can bite if you have large hands.
          When the battle drum beats, it is too late to sharpen your sword."
          Sir Winston Churchill

          Comment

          • #6
            BHPFan
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 2264

            Aren't the .380 SIG pistols $650+ ?
            To me that amount is above affordable.
            They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            ~ Benjamin Franklin

            Comment

            • #7
              Shady
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 3413

              bersa thunder

              Comment

              • #8
                JBird33
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 559

                Bersa thunder for sure. Heard nothing but good things and they have great prices on em.

                Comment

                • #9
                  wrdavis
                  Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 143

                  Another vote for the Bersa Thunder 380. Mine gets out of jail at 1PM today.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ascout
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 79

                    Originally posted by BHPFan
                    Aren't the .380 SIG pistols $650+ ?
                    To me that amount is above affordable.
                    About that.

                    I've had one, and it's a nice Sig version of a Colt Mustang...and expensive.

                    It's also nearly the size of a Kahr PM9/.40 so I sold it and bought a Ruger LCP for those cases where I have to dress super light in summer conditions (less to show).

                    Nice as they are, the Bersa/Walther .380 family is difficult to justify when a good 9mm can be had in the same dimensions.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      morrcarr67
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 15053

                      I have a CZ82 in 9X18 and like it very much. The 9X18 is a little stronger then the .380 but nut as much as a 9MM. You can get one from J&G sales for $220. If you really want a .380 you can get a CZ83 which is the same as the 82 only about $250 more in less of a cartridge.
                      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                      Originally posted by Erion929

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SpringfieldEMP
                        Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 123

                        I have had a Bersa Thunder 380 for quite a while. It is Very reliable and VERY accurate.
                        I love my bersa.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          9mmlaw
                          Member
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 254

                          Originally posted by morrcarr67
                          I have a CZ82 in 9X18 and like it very much. The 9X18 is a little stronger then the .380 but nut as much as a 9MM. You can get one from J&G sales for $220. If you really want a .380 you can get a CZ83 which is the same as the 82 only about $250 more in less of a cartridge.
                          The 82 from J&G is not an option unless the OP has a way around the roster.

                          The 83 is good to go though.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sniper4usmc
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 1984

                            $300 OTD..Bersa
                            USMC 95-99

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              RedFord150
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 5665

                              Originally posted by SpringfieldEMP
                              I have had a Bersa Thunder 380 for quite a while. It is Very reliable and VERY accurate.
                              I love my bersa.
                              +1 and usually < $300.00 at Turners.
                              God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1