Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig mosquito reliable?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    viet4lifeOC
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4888

    I'll go against the grain and say I LOVE MY SIG MOSQUITO.

    It was my first gun...and I put in nearly 34K in four months. I would put in 500 round per range trip and it's tapered off since I've been buying other handguns.

    I just got finishing DROSing my the Sig .22LR when I met another Sig Mosquito buyer who was complaining of getting up to 70% FTF/FTE. That seriously worried me. Thought I made a huge mistake. He did preference that he bought the cheap bulk ammo.

    I got my Sig..read the manuel and just feed it CCI mini-mags ($.06/round) for thousands of rounds. Then went with the Federal bulk. Of course I occassionally get FTF/FTE. Being new, I just saw it as a great way of learning the tap-rack procedure and to learn about how a gun operates in general.

    I babied that Sig..cleaned it after every range trip...feed it only CCI mini-mags for thousands of rounds.

    For the money....I learned a lot. I also plan to make it my 8 years-old son's first gun also. So I am happy to know I am seriously stretching its value . Coolness factor had something to do with it also. Also, I knew that I would soon jump to getting a 9mm..so I wanted something heavy, looked, and felt like a 9mm.

    I definately think the rugers and buckmark ARE much better guns, but I simply did not like the esthetics of them.

    Comment

    • #17
      maddoggie13
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 2076

      Go with the ruger with cheap ammo....

      Comment

      • #18
        Matty013
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 12

        I've had a Sig Mosquito for a while now and I'm pretty happy with it. The trigger does suck, but I haven't had the ammo problems most people seem to have. I've put about 3000 rounds of CCI Blazers thru it and rarely have a problem. I just make sure I clean it every time I shoot it.

        I've also got a Ruger Mk 1, Ruger Mk 2 and a Walther P22 and I really like them all.

        Matt

        Comment

        • #19
          The Original Godfather
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 1261

          Where did you come across a Mosquito for $200? If there are more for that price, please share
          Military Decals, Apparel, and More


          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

          Comment

          • #20
            Volksgrenadier
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 597

            +1 to the going against the grain. I recently purchased a Sig Mosquito as well, and love the pistol. I feed it a steady diet of CCI Mini-Mags or Stingers and have had no problems with it. I prefer the ergonomics to that of other .22 pistols.

            sigpic

            Hunter S. Thompson
            The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time

            Comment

            • #21
              KING_PALM
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 3590

              own one. owned a mkIII.
              go with a buckmark
              sigpic

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1