Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

magazine disconnect

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    tetris
    Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 256

    I was reading the rules on the DOJ's website over, and it says that as of January 2007, no NEW guns can be added to the list without both the disconnect AND the loaded chamber indicator, correct?

    So guns that have neither can still be sold if they were approved before then, right?

    Comment

    • #17
      leelaw
      Junior Member
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 10445

      Originally posted by tetris
      I was reading the rules on the DOJ's website over, and it says that as of January 2007, no NEW guns can be added to the list without both the disconnect AND the loaded chamber indicator, correct?

      So guns that have neither can still be sold if they were approved before then, right?
      If they were previously approved and the manufacturer maintained the approval rating by paying the extortion fee.. I mean renewal fee, then yes.

      Comment

      • #18
        Glock22Fan
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2006
        • 5752

        Originally posted by CalNRA
        it's there to make the Ruger MkIII series the most annoying(not too hard but confusing) firearms to re-assemble in history
        Amen,brother. The MkI was bad enough, but the MkIII is like "Remove the mag, do this, insert the mag, do that, remove the mag, stand on your head, insert the mag . . . . . . ."

        Personally, if I had any choice whatsoever (and I do at present), I wouldn't carry a firearm with a disconnect. O.K. on a plinker, but not for street use.
        John -- bitter gun owner.

        All opinions expressed here are my own unless I say otherwise.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          StukaJr
          Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 369

          Did anybody mention that it makes your trigger feel like a shoveling gravel on every pull? At least it does on my FN High Power (being sent to a gunsmith when I find competent enough smith).

          The worst part of the "safety feature" is that it breaks the basic rules of clearing a firearm - pull out the magazine, clear the chamber, depress the hammer... Oooops! Have to put a magazine back in to depress the hammer... Did I just create perpetual motion?
          NRA Member

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            socalsteve
            Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 274

            magazine disconnect purpose

            Actually, there is a real purpose for the magazine disconnect.

            It is for security officers at a secure (locked ward) mental health facility or prisons. The rationale being that when an officer stores his gun the magazine can be locked separate from the handgun making it harder for an inmate to acquire a weapon where he can shoot someone.

            Also, in case of a struggle the guard may be able to release the magazine and even if he loses the struggle against multiple inmates they will not be able to shoot him with the round in the chamber.

            This gives the security officer or prison guard a chance to live. He could toss the magazine into a room or a doorway where it can't be reached such as kicking it under the bars into a locked area.

            Comment

            • #21
              Jason_R
              Member
              • Apr 2006
              • 379

              The real reason for Cali's bull**** laws is to keep firearms out of the hands of civilians. I regret that I'll have to be back for about a year and a half.

              Comment

              • #22
                dychen
                Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 124

                If magazine disconnects are so great for LEO safety, how come there exempt from the requirement?

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1