Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Advice on 10mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    7anthony7
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 445

    Wilson is making them as well. You really need to take a look at the loads though you are shooting. A bunch of them around today are not loaded to the original Norma round. If you are shooting the 200gr at full power it will give you a much different feel then the 180 gr sub sonic which is basically going to be a 40. I am waiting for my Wilson to be finished in 10mm and already purchased a bunch of ammo for it. I have shot the 1006 and it isn't bad at all with the full power loads.

    Comment

    • #32
      hefedehefe
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 2141

      What do you think about the G29's? I'm thinking about getting one of those instead of the 20
      War does not determine who is right - only who is left!!
      I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep your "change"
      "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy" - Frank Sinatra
      "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
      "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harrissigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        cpt_majestic
        Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 231

        Ammo costs kill me
        Maybe it's just me, but I hate stupid people!

        Comment

        • #34
          Greg-Dawg
          Banned
          • Oct 2006
          • 7793

          Kimber:

          Comment

          • #35
            TKM
            Onward through the fog!
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2002
            • 10657

            I can recommend the Glocks, Colts, Kimbers, Smiths and Rugers.

            Try to be environmentally responsible and shoot to the south. 20+ years of 10mm being fired northwards has rotated the planet and caused global warming.
            It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

            Comment

            • #36
              dexter9659
              Senior Member
              • May 2006
              • 701

              I have two Glock 20s. One is a G20c and the other is a G20sf. I would suggest the G20 like others have said over a 1911 platform due to the power of a true full power load. In general a true full power load will not be found on the shelf, but will rather be a hand load, a 135gr bullet at speeds nearing 1800ft/sec or a 180 gr bullet going near 1400ft/sec. These are full boat loads. Loads like these will cause the glock frame to twist and tweak as it absorbs the recoil. Thanks to the elastic principals of the polymer frame however, the frame returns to its original shape. The same cannot be said for a 1911 frame which does not share the same elastic properties of polymer.

              If however you plan on only shooting factory 10mm loads get the 1911.
              Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team

              Comment

              • #37
                randy
                In Memoriam
                • Nov 2006
                • 4642

                Increase your options by looking for a 1911 in .40. A simple barrel change and magazines you have two calibers in one gun. You could have the chamber cut for 10 mill too.

                With two barrels you can shoot 40 if you're broke 10mil when you're feeling flush.

                I have a DE and a Glock in 10 I shoot the Glock.
                I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

                When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

                Comment

                • #38
                  CoolCalGunner
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 63

                  Originally posted by cpt_majestic
                  Ammo costs kill me
                  Not if you do reload

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1