Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Educate a Nevadan II

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    hoffmang
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2006
    • 18448

    Baron,

    There is no law against buying guns to import them when you are otherwise legally importing them and legally selling them through an FFL here in California once you arrive.

    -Gene
    Gene Hoffman
    Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation

    DONATE NOW
    to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
    Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
    I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


    "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

    Comment

    • #17
      jumbopanda
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2006
      • 8382

      Bring me an AR pistol! Off list of course!


      You really should consider importing a few "unsafe" pistols into this state when you move though...
      Mo' BBs.

      Comment

      • #18
        CalNRA
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2006
        • 8686

        Originally posted by JPN6336
        No snitching is necessary, in the emails posted between DOJ and various anti-gun groups, it was quite apparent that we are being watched. I'm not sure if these threads would be admissible in court as evidence but I'm sure it wouldn't help matters.
        it's the guy's description of "saturday night special" that troubles me. Seecamps are hardly SNSs, with their 500+ prices. Seems like the guy uses pretty standard Brady talk.
        Originally posted by cvigue
        This is not rocket surgery.

        Comment

        • #19
          Cali-V
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2006
          • 1944

          Yeah Seecamps are special any night of the week!
          oh this...
          It's a Single Cylinder - Single Stroke,
          Internal Combustion Engine,
          with a Free Floating Piston...

          Comment

          • #20
            hoffmang
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2006
            • 18448

            "Saturday Night Special" is a racist term. It was coined to refer to guns that were inexpensive enough for racial minorities to purchase.

            Just another situation where gun control is really about racism.

            -Gene
            Gene Hoffman
            Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation

            DONATE NOW
            to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
            Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
            I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


            "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

            Comment

            • #21
              M. Sage
              Moderator Emeritus
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jul 2006
              • 19759

              Originally posted by CalNRA
              it's the guy's description of "saturday night special" that troubles me. Seecamps are hardly SNSs, with their 500+ prices. Seems like the guy uses pretty standard Brady talk.
              There was a reason I put after the "SNS." I personally hate the term, and think it's ridiculous that the "safe handgun roster" even exists.

              After shooting a Kel Tec P3AT, I've been bit by the bug of small, cheap, no-frills (why put a safety on something that's barely got sights!?) handguns. Too bad they're "unsafe," so I can't buy 'em.
              Originally posted by Deadbolt
              "We're here to take your land for your safety"

              "My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
              sigpicNRA Member

              Comment

              • #22
                626Tony
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 1828

                Originally posted by Cali-V
                When I saw that I went WOW!
                same here!
                Don't forget you can get it too....FOR A PRICE!!

                Comment

                • #23
                  BaronW
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 989

                  I'm not going to snitch, I wouldn't need to as this is a public forum.

                  Besides, I'm hoping for someone to eventually bring in an Automag II and decide to sell it. Also, I'd like to win the lottery.
                  I am not a lawyer, the above does not constitute legal advice.

                  WTB: Savage 99 SN#507612 (buying back grandpa's rifle)

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    hoffmang
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 18448

                    Baron,

                    Its not about you being a snitch - its about there being no law prohibiting the practice.

                    -Gene
                    Gene Hoffman
                    Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation

                    DONATE NOW
                    to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
                    Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
                    I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


                    "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      BaronW
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 989

                      The law says you can't import with intent to sell.

                      But you can import and then sell it. Basically the only way they could get you is if you had made your prior intent clear, like on an internet forum, for example.
                      I am not a lawyer, the above does not constitute legal advice.

                      WTB: Savage 99 SN#507612 (buying back grandpa's rifle)

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        hoffmang
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 18448

                        BaronW,

                        You haven't been around here long enough to know that you have to quote the law to make a statement like that. Here is the Penal Code. Find where it says there is an intent standard when importing as a personal handgun importer:


                        -Gene
                        Gene Hoffman
                        Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation

                        DONATE NOW
                        to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
                        Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
                        I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


                        "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jmlivingston
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 5095

                          Thank you for the link Gene, that's much easier to read than the format which the DoJBoF has published on their website!

                          John

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            BaronW
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 989

                            12125. (a) Commencing January 1, 2001, any person in this state who
                            manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state
                            for sale, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, gives, or lends
                            any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county
                            jail not exceeding one year.
                            I was just quoting a more senior member in that other thread who did not themself post the laws. Unfortunately it seems the thread I was referring to is gone anyway.

                            IANAL, and I can't seem to find where it says PPTs are exempt, but the wording "imports into the state for sale" is what bothers me.
                            I am not a lawyer, the above does not constitute legal advice.

                            WTB: Savage 99 SN#507612 (buying back grandpa's rifle)

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              hoffmang
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 18448

                              A personal handgun importer is by definition not importing for sale. The code you quote is not on point.

                              If you import handguns into California as a personal handgun importer you have to either register or sell them via PPT. There are tactical issues with selling them PPT without registering them unless you can get your CA DL or ID quickly. However, as long as you are transferring them via PPT and a CA FFL you are following the law.

                              There is some order of magnitude here in that if you did this with 1000 handguns a DA or CA DOJ BOF might try to charge you. However, its very unlikely they have something to charge you with.

                              -Gene
                              Gene Hoffman
                              Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation

                              DONATE NOW
                              to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
                              Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
                              I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


                              "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                BaronW
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 989

                                I see. Thanks.
                                I am not a lawyer, the above does not constitute legal advice.

                                WTB: Savage 99 SN#507612 (buying back grandpa's rifle)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1