Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Empty casing that comes with a new gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Butokan
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 15

    Empty casing that comes with a new gun

  • #2
    AK4me
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1282

    Its just the shell from the round they test fired your gun with, It should have came in a envelope with the testers name on it.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      goathead
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 3601

      trash!!

      Comment

      • #4
        69Mach1
        Super Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2006
        • 15032

        Those empty cases are for some States that require them. CA is not one of those States. We do not corner the market when it comes to stupid gun laws, but we have the best.......except for Conneticut. They can have an SBR (Fed NFA) but no rifle (non SBR) with a folding stock. That's just weird.
        sigpic
        69Mach1
        munkeeboi
        TURBOELKY
        antix2
        WTSGDYBBR
        tujungatoes
        jmpgnr24K

        Comment

        • #5
          JanG
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 1005

          why mach, seems you have a penchant for folding stocks
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
          Reply With Quote

          Originally posted by AutoDriver
          Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

          Comment

          • #6
            69Mach1
            Super Moderator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2006
            • 15032

            Yes, but non folding-folding stocks. lol
            sigpic
            69Mach1
            munkeeboi
            TURBOELKY
            antix2
            WTSGDYBBR
            tujungatoes
            jmpgnr24K

            Comment

            • #7
              gravedigger
              Banned
              • Jul 2008
              • 2015

              I hold onto them so that when some brain dead prosecutor tries to tell a Jerry Springer jury that it was MY gun that (insert injury or death here), I can produce a casing with the firing pin from my gun to compare it against the firing pin on the casing he found somewhere. I just see it as a tool to use, should the situation arise.

              Comment

              • #8
                Merc1138
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19742

                Originally posted by gravedigger
                I hold onto them so that when some brain dead prosecutor tries to tell a Jerry Springer jury that it was MY gun that (insert injury or death here), I can produce a casing with the firing pin from my gun to compare it against the firing pin on the casing he found somewhere. I just see it as a tool to use, should the situation arise.
                Except it probably won't match later on anyway if you actually use your gun regularly at the range. The ease of manipulation of barrels and firing pins is why the states with laws that make them collect these casings hasn't ever won them a case.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Echidin
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3072

                  No need to worry about it, I don't know where any of the empty casing that came with my new guns are either.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    plan-b
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 680

                    Maryland & New York come to mind as states that require the fired shell casings to be turned into "the authorities." I think they've spent tens of millions of dollars implementing those laws and have yet to solve a single case with it (I have no citations so someone correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously the law makers didn't realize that the breach face and firing pin changes through normal wear with continued shooting.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      esskay
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 2304

                      If you sell a used gun to someone in one of those states, do you need to provide the shell casing? That might be one remote rationale to hang on to it.
                      WTS: Ewbank AKM & NDS-4 AK receivers, Custom Chief AJ Ruger Mini-14

                      WTS: Oakley SI Shoes

                      WTS KAC rail panels

                      WTS: MGI Hydra Modular AR Lower

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MossbergMan
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 1255

                        Ut OH!!!

                        Originally posted by Echidin
                        No need to worry about it, I don't know where any of the empty casing that came with my new guns are either.
                        Ah, but Janet Napalitano knows where they are and who they belong too..
                        Larry Renner
                        Plus (+) P Proficiency LLC
                        NRA and CA. P.O.S.T certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Tactical Instructor.
                        You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Just-in
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 2176

                          I lost mine. After my next range trip I may keep two of them.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bohoki
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 20826

                            its so you can reload right out of the box

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Ducman
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2107

                              you can use it if you reload
                              sent from my iPhone 1911 using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1