Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First time shooting a XD...... Not impressed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    kf6tac
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 1779

    Originally posted by MilSim
    It just felt extremely awkward, like a square brick.
    That's how I felt when shooting a Glock, which is what eventually led me to buy an XD. Different hands fit guns differently, so if it doesn't feel right to you, I wouldn't sweat it.


    Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

    Comment

    • #17
      smarter
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 594

      try out a m&p 4-tay?

      Comment

      • #18
        MilSim
        Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 214

        I guess ill have to give the M&P a try, Its pretty interesting to see how many other people dont like the XD..........
        "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
        - Clint Eastwood
        "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

        Comment

        • #19
          evidens83
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2009
          • 7839

          I like the XD series. Just like the M&P and Glocks better though
          WTS 10/22 Lasermax laser CHEAP!!!

          Comment

          • #20
            farnorcal
            Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 494

            i like my xd 40 of course, and especially its fully supported chamber

            Comment

            • #21
              TabooAR
              Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 101

              I have an XD .40 Tactical and love it. I recommend going to a range that has a variety of weapons available for your use. Shoot 'em all and rate them. Then go back another day and shoot and rate them all again. Buy the one you are most comfortable with.

              Also consider the fact that there is no 'magic caliber' and maybe try some 9's too.
              Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
              Not for someone who can blow like I can.

              Comment

              • #22
                Old4eyes
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 1757

                Originally posted by Federalist
                While I don't own either of them, I have shot XD's in .45ACP and in .40S&W. Neither of them worked for me, so I won't buy them. They didn't fit my hand very well. I didn't like the trigger. And they seemed to have more recoil than other pistols of the same calibers. So, I didn't go with the XD's. Nothing against them, just personal preference.

                To give you some perspective on where I'm coming from, I happen to be a huge fan of 1911's. I'm not saying they are the best, but they are the standard by which I compare other semi-auto pistols. I love Sigs and S&W wheel guns. I like HK USPs. I like Glocks but won't buy one since they don't fit my hand.
                I can't speak to the .40 cal, but the .45 XD is touted as being one of the softest recoil 45's out there. Google reviews of that model and check it out.
                I have a steel 1911 and the XD45 Tactical. The recoil to me is about the same, and that XD45 weighs less. It is certainly easier to rack than my 1911.

                But for those that dismiss the XD pistols, that's okay. Maybe there will be more on the shelf when I go shopping.
                Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Ike Arumba
                  Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 302

                  I have shot XD-9 and XD-40, and don't like them. The trigger reach is too short, and I don't have good control of yaw.
                  He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily.
                  -- Nahum 2:1

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    MilSim
                    Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 214

                    Originally posted by TabooAR
                    Also consider the fact that there is no 'magic caliber' and maybe try some 9's too.
                    I meant I already have a nine and 45's, looking for something in the .40 cal flavor because the local walmart never runs dry of target ammo.
                    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
                    - Clint Eastwood
                    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      gearhead15
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 84

                      Might try an FNP-40 also. I'm not a huge fan of fo-tay in general but the FNP felt good to me when I fired one.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        08duramax
                        Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 441

                        I love my xd 45s. I have the 4 inch and the 5 inch. Great guns. I hate the way flocks feel in the hand. It's all different prefrences. The xd is more like the 1911 is grip angle and feel in my opinion.
                        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1