Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

cz-75 sa pistol?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    doughboy334
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 2019

    SA and DA describes what the trigger does.

    A Single Action trigger only has one function, and that is to release the hammer that hits the firing pin and sends the round down the barrel.

    A Double Action trigger does two things when you pull it, it cocks the hammer back and then releases it to hit the firing pin and send the round down the barrel. Because it does two things, the trigger pull is noticeably heavier than SA.

    For the CZ75 the one my friend had (SA/DA with safety but no decocker), to get it shooting you load a magazine, pull back the slide which cocks back the hammer, and then fire (this is SA since pulling the slide cocks the hammer for you and all you need to do is shoot).

    If my friend wanted to do DA, from this point he would need to manually lower the hammer (uncocking the hammer) and then he'd be in DA mode (meaning to shoot the trigger would have to recock the hammer and then it would fire).

    SA handguns are famous for being cocked and locked (like the 1911)
    DA guns are usually nice for home defense/carry (?), since instead of a safety they come with a decocker and you don't have to worry about the hammer catching on something since it is not down.

    Feel free to correct me I was in a rush to type this out hopefully I didn't FUBAR things to much!


    edit: good ol Calguns, a bunch of people posted before me and got the info out
    Last edited by doughboy334; 03-04-2010, 7:54 PM.
    sigpic

    Originally posted by Jpach
    Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

    Comment

    • #32
      Z ME FLY
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 6590

      Haha doughboy... but your post was a lot more detailed than my post...

      I mean if you are really worried about the whole DA/SA then just get a glock or an xd.
      Originally posted by 69Mach1
      The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

      Originally posted by 69Mach1
      Z gets around. lol

      Comment

      • #33
        Paradiddle
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2003
        • 1743

        Originally posted by Fobanginvtek
        Thanks for the input guys. So whats the differ between DA/SA? I kind of understand it, but im getting confused wit hthe decocker/nondecocker talk....
        Frankly I'd stay away from the decocker model - I heard poor things about the triggers.

        The SA has an up-swept beaver tail and a lower safety - it feels more like a 1911. The 75B has a dowdn swept beavertail and a higher safety. I have short fingers so I had to change my drawing grip to flip the safety off. That is why I got a SA and had it converted.

        If you have big hands an aren't going to complete the 75B is fine - both my CZs were very accurate and very easy to shoot.

        Angus Hodnall is a great resource for CZ and his custom guns are fantastic.

        Here is the SA frame (note that is the competition hammer and sights - those aren't stock)




        here is the DA frame:

        Comment

        • #34
          Fobanginvtek
          Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 288

          Originally posted by doughboy334
          SA and DA describes what the trigger does.

          A Single Action trigger only has one function, and that is to release the hammer that hits the firing pin and sends the round down the barrel.

          A Double Action trigger does two things when you pull it, it cocks the hammer back and then releases it to hit the firing pin and send the round down the barrel. Because it does two things, the trigger pull is noticeably heavier than SA.

          For the CZ75 the one my friend had (SA/DA with safety but no decocker), to get it shooting you load a magazine, pull back the slide which cocks back the hammer, and then fire (this is SA since pulling the slide cocks the hammer for you and all you need to do is shoot).

          If my friend wanted to do DA, from this point he would need to manually lower the hammer (uncocking the hammer) and then he'd be in DA mode (meaning to shoot the trigger would have to recock the hammer and then it would fire).

          SA handguns are famous for being cocked and locked (like the 1911)
          DA guns are usually nice for home defense/carry (?), since instead of a safety they come with a decocker and you don't have to worry about the hammer catching on something since it is not down.

          Feel free to correct me I was in a rush to type this out hopefully I didn't FUBAR things to much!


          edit: good ol Calguns, a bunch of people posted before me and got the info out
          haha ohh ok gotcha. so DA pistols would be "more " safe? Well I don't think that would apply too much to me since I am not going to be carrying it around. But the SA would have a lighter trigger pull?

          Comment

          • #35
            Oldnoob
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 2829

            Originally posted by Fobanginvtek
            haha ohh ok gotcha. so DA pistols would be "more " safe? Well I don't think that would apply too much to me since I am not going to be carrying it around. But the SA would have a lighter trigger pull?
            In a "trigger pull 101" sense. Yes, SA trigger usually has lighter on the break, shorter on the travel and reset.
            Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

            Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

            Comment

            • #36
              doughboy334
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 2019

              Safety is really in the hands of the user

              I like my 1911 with frame safety and grip safety, I fear nothing when I mall ninja in my house :P

              But you can't go wrong with the CZ75, its well made and reliable.
              SA is going to be lighter than DA, but like I mentioned earlier in page 3 or so my friend's DA pull wasnt that bad, but his SA pull was hellaaaaa nice, nicer (as in lighter) than my 1911!

              edit: If I had the money, I'd go for the CZ75 SA/DA with the safety. You could put the safety on with the hammer down (cocked and locked), or you could manually lower the hammer (DA now) and then put the safety on. I'm used to the "locked" part of cocked and locked though. It's up to your preference, there are plenty of people that are comfortable/favor decocker over safety.
              Last edited by doughboy334; 03-04-2010, 8:15 PM.
              sigpic

              Originally posted by Jpach
              Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

              Comment

              • #37
                Oldnoob
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 2829

                CZ75B SA vs CZ75B





                Few minor differences:

                Trigger. Not only the trigger action (DA/SA vs SAO), the trigger itself has different shape.
                Slide. Slightly different shape at the front of slide.
                Safety. SA has an enlarge manual safety lever.
                Magazine release bottom. SA model has enlarged mag release bottom.
                Beaver tail. SA frame has it, B doesn't.

                I think that's about it. Did I miss anything guy?
                Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

                Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

                Comment

                • #38
                  railroader
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3115

                  Originally posted by Oldnoob
                  CZ75B SA vs CZ75B





                  Few minor differences:

                  Trigger. Not only the trigger action (DA/SA vs SAO), the trigger itself has different shape.
                  Slide. Slightly different shape at the front of slide.
                  Safety. SA has an enlarge manual safety lever.
                  Magazine release bottom. SA model has enlarged mag release bottom.
                  Beaver tail. SA frame has it, B doesn't.

                  I think that's about it. Did I miss anything guy?
                  Mags drop free on the SA not the DA/SA but it's an easy fix.

                  In a "trigger pull 101" sense. Yes, SA trigger usually has lighter on the break, shorter on the travel and reset.

                  I had a DA/SA and the trigger was better stock than my SA. The DA/SA trigger had almost zero takeup and it broke cleaner than my stock SA. My SA is comparable now that I changed the trigger and did a little polishing on the hammer and sear. Mark
                  Last edited by railroader; 03-04-2010, 8:56 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Oldnoob
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 2829

                    Originally posted by railroader
                    Mags drop free on the SA not the DA/SA but it's an easy fix.
                    That's right, they have different spring leaf. So SA will drop free and B model will not.
                    Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

                    Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Z ME FLY
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 6590

                      Originally posted by Oldnoob
                      That's right, they have different spring leaf. So SA will drop free and B model will not.
                      Strange does that apply to the compact models too? I had a compact that would drop the mags free.
                      Originally posted by 69Mach1
                      The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                      Originally posted by 69Mach1
                      Z gets around. lol

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1