Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 20 = A Man's Gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lunde
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1036

    Glock 20 = A Man's Gun









  • #2
    vta
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 1672

    what about the 29? As they say, "good things come in small packages."

    Comment

    • #3
      CD MCKINNEY
      Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 101

      Here's a "Man's 10MM"

      Comment

      • #4
        dadoody
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Oct 2005
        • 14692

        A man's gun? Maybe Plastic Man ;D



        FUS RO DAH! ==== ┻━┻

        Comment

        • #5
          rabagley
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2008
          • 7180

          Originally posted by CD MCKINNEY
          Here's a "Man's 10MM"

          I'm assuming that man with a 1911 in 10mm doesn't mind the gun disassembling itself? IME (I have owned a 1911 in 10mm* and still own a G20) the 1911 can't really handle the 10mm round while the Glock can.

          If you want to shoot full house 10mm rounds, you want a Glock.

          * I have since converted that 1911 to 38 Super and am much happier with it.
          "Ecuador offers the United States $23 million a year in economic aid, an amount similar to what we were receiving under the tariff benefits, with the purpose of providing human rights training that will contribute to avoid violations of people's privacy, that degrade humanity," --Fernando Alvarado

          Comment

          • #6
            nrakid88
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 3285

            Originally posted by rabagley
            I'm assuming that man with a 1911 in 10mm doesn't mind the gun disassembling itself? IME (I have owned a 1911 in 10mm* and still own a G20) the 1911 can't really handle the 10mm round while the Glock can.

            If you want to shoot full house 10mm rounds, you want a Glock.

            * I have since converted that 1911 to 38 Super and am much happier with it.
            Are you using the stock barrel for full power 10mm loads? How is the brass after shooting?
            sigpic
            5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
            Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
            You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

            Comment

            • #7
              lunde
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1036

              I own a Colt Delta Elite, and while it is a good ten ounces heavier than the Glock 20, the Glock 20 is a heck of a lot more comfortable to shoot using the same loads.

              Comment

              • #8
                dfletcher
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 14811

                Didn't Glock make a smaller version in 10mm? I'm not a Glock fan & don't know the model but I am a 10mm fan, would consider getting one of those.
                GOA Member & SAF Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  lunde
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1036

                  Glock 29:



                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nitrofc
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 6654

                    Originally posted by dfletcher
                    Didn't Glock make a smaller version in 10mm? I'm not a Glock fan & don't know the model but I am a 10mm fan, would consider getting one of those.
                    They do.
                    It's the Glock 29 and is a sub-compact.

                    It's nearly the same size as the G27, but instead of a 3.5" barrel, the G29 comes with a 3.8" barrel.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      rabagley
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 7180

                      Originally posted by nrakid88
                      Are you using the stock barrel for full power 10mm loads? How is the brass after shooting?
                      You got me. I have a G21SF with an EFK Fire Dragon barrel and a Lone Wolf slide and made myself a G21SF/G20SFL.

                      Chamber support is indeed an issue with the stock barrel. Luckily, the Lone Wolf barrel is only $109 with discreet markings.
                      "Ecuador offers the United States $23 million a year in economic aid, an amount similar to what we were receiving under the tariff benefits, with the purpose of providing human rights training that will contribute to avoid violations of people's privacy, that degrade humanity," --Fernando Alvarado

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dfletcher
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 14811

                        Originally posted by nitrofc
                        They do.
                        It's the Glock 29 and is a sub-compact.

                        It's nearly the same size as the G27, but instead of a 3.5" barrel, the G29 comes with a 3.8" barrel.
                        Interesting, I looked it up & it's CA OK. Might be worth having.
                        GOA Member & SAF Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sammy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3847

                          The G20 is a great gun for sure. I use mine mostly for IDPA and USPSA shooting. The factory barrel destroys brass so I got a KKM which solved that problem. Resizing the brass after using the KKM requires very little effort which is a big plus. That is if I can find them. I shot an IDPA match last weekend and the brass was clearing an 8' high berm standing 7' away from it.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            nitrofc
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 6654

                            Originally posted by dfletcher
                            Interesting, I looked it up & it's CA OK. Might be worth having.

                            The G27 is a blast....I'm sure the G29 would be a blast too!!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CSACANNONEER
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 44094

                              Sorry, I don't think any Glock is a "man's gun". They were designed for young men (read boy's) to use in militaries around the world.
                              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                              Utah CCW Instructor


                              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                              sigpic
                              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                              KM6WLV

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1