Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 always jamming

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    JTROKS
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 13093

    If the pistol wasn't muck with by the original buyer then the timing should be fine, but there are instances where the link might be a little long messing up the timing. It could be a dirty chamber or there may just be some burrs in the chamber that needs polishing.
    The wise man said just find your place
    In the eye of the storm
    Seek the roses along the way
    Just beware of the thorns...
    K. Meine

    Comment

    • #32
      grnsierra01
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 18

      Sammy, I was using Remoil, but now I have done just about everything everyone has said on here, so I will go this weekend and try it out.

      I will get back once i have had a chance to test her out again.

      Thanks!

      Comment

      • #33
        rero360
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 3926

        Update on the pistol?

        Comment

        • #34
          sammy
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 3847

          Originally posted by grnsierra01
          Sammy, I was using Remoil, but now I have done just about everything everyone has said on here, so I will go this weekend and try it out.

          I will get back once i have had a chance to test her out again.

          Thanks!
          Remoil is not a lube. I had a buddy make the mistake of using remoil on his Sig 226. He only had about 500 rounds through it but the wear on the barrel and frame was that of a gun that had 10,000+. Since you are having failures I would use an oil that is is as light as possible as not to slow the slide down.

          Comment

          • #35
            JTROKS
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2007
            • 13093

            Originally posted by sammy
            Remoil is not a lube. I had a buddy make the mistake of using remoil on his Sig 226. He only had about 500 rounds through it but the wear on the barrel and frame was that of a gun that had 10,000+. Since you are having failures I would use an oil that is is as light as possible as not to slow the slide down.
            It's Rem Bore that should not be used as a lubricant because of its' abrasiveness. Rem Oil should be fine for lubing moving parts.
            The wise man said just find your place
            In the eye of the storm
            Seek the roses along the way
            Just beware of the thorns...
            K. Meine

            Comment

            • #36
              demo
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 44

              Originally posted by grnsierra01
              You gotta love "sloppy wet"! I'll get some better lubricant because I have been using rem oil and go from there.

              Thanks again!
              1. REM oil is too thin for the rails of my Stainless Springfield. mine worked a lot better once I switched to real oil. moble1 10-30 for example. or Hope gun oil.

              2. Springfield warranty is lifetime of the firearm and they don't care if you are the original owner or not.

              Comment

              • #37
                Katana
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 616

                RemOil was specifically designed for the 870 trigger group because the long term use of some of the older oils would form a gummy residue. As a result, in some severe cases the hammer wouldn't drop when the trigger was pulled—then all it would take is a bump to set it off.

                I use RemOil on my revolvers. It's also an excellent lock oil (dead bolts, lock sets, pad locks, etc,).

                However, as noted below by Larry Vickers—it is not an ideal lubricant for high friction, rapidly moving parts.

                "...in my experience the thin light lubes like WD40 and RemOil are to be avoided. They will provide a rust barrier and that is about it; they are not suitable for moving parts lubricant."

                Last edited by Katana; 01-18-2010, 1:38 AM.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Sheldon
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 2149

                  I agree with the guys thinking your extractor tension is too light or the extractor is shaped wrong. With the slide off the pistol you should be able to slide a round into the extractor with just a few pounds of pressure and it should hold the round in place. If there is no tension the case it likely to fall out of position as the slide is recoiling after being fired and not eject correctly. If the tension is correct but the bevel in the extractor hook is not shaped right and the round is trying to spring out of the extractor you will get the same symptom.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    1SOCALGUNNER
                    Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 214

                    Originally posted by brassburnz
                    Failures to extract with a 1911 could be related to the shooter. If you limp wrist your gun, it will not cycle properly resulting in failures to extract and eject.

                    That makes sense since the slide would ride without much force/momentum, but I think its a myth... Ive tried limp wristing a 1911a1 and a sig P226 to coax a problem, but it never happened.....

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      JTROKS
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 13093

                      Originally posted by 1SOCALGUNNER
                      That makes sense since the slide would ride without much force/momentum, but I think its a myth... Ive tried limp wristing a 1911a1 and a sig P226 to coax a problem, but it never happened.....
                      If you're 1911 has an old beat up recoil spring it won't happen. Install an extra power recoil spring and you'll see.
                      The wise man said just find your place
                      In the eye of the storm
                      Seek the roses along the way
                      Just beware of the thorns...
                      K. Meine

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        vega
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 2972

                        Originally posted by grnsierra01
                        .... and I i looked at the ejector and at least what is visible from the top of the slide it looks intact and functional.....
                        That has nothing to do with extraction.
                        Good luck.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1