Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How to get started with handguns?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    shoupdawg
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 2362

    Why don't you have a lot of time Mr. CRC?
    Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
    Mace (Bear)
    Puppy (Lab Staff)

    Comment

    • #32
      floogy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 2741

      Shooting handguns for me is more fun. Just because you can give yourself more of a challenge at shorter ranges. Hitting a can at 30-40 yards is cake with a rifle. More fun with a handgun, if all you have is that far to shoot. Don't worry about the law, handguns aren't illegal. 2a is still in the US constitution last i checked.

      Comment

      • #33
        Mr.CRC
        Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 175

        Originally posted by rogers017
        I would be more than happy to bring out Browning Buck Mark for you to try. Even my 1911 if you would like.

        I live in Hayward and could meet you in Livermore, CV, San Leandro or Milpitas if you like.
        That is a really cool offer.

        What I will do is take Bill Tidwell's Train2besafe shotgun course on Nov 22 at Livermore, and either the pistol course on Nov 10&11 at Reed's , or on Dec 13 at Livermore. Unfortunately, his Nov 7 pistol course seems to be full, but I will check just to make sure if there's a chance to get in, or ask to be put in if someone else cancels.

        I have to see if the Nov10&11 conflicts with another training I have in Nov. It's likely the Dec 13 will be better, since I'll be too tired after drive to Santa Clara after work. I don't want to take a gun course bushed.

        I have some business to do next week, after which I will first procure a gun safe, then order an Daniel Defense AR-15, Mossberg 500, and probably a Ruger target pistol to start filling it up!

        So once I've got the training, I will get back to you and take you up on the offer.

        Thanks again.
        _______
        Mr. CRC

        Comment

        • #34
          Mr.CRC
          Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 175

          Originally posted by shoupdawg
          Why don't you have a lot of time Mr. CRC?
          Mainly the 4 year old. I also have trouble with non-restorative sleep, so I'm often rather fatigued. My job has long hours. Thankfully I have one though! My wife doesn't drive, though I'm training her at the moment. So we kill most of Saturdays food shopping and taking the little one to piano school, stuff that many families do separately. That has it's ups and downs. Down for free time, but up in that we are a very close family and have a lot of quality time together just living life. Sundays are usually available.

          My goal is to get to the Livermore range with my finally out of the closet after 10 yrs. Ruger 10/22 after some travel next week. Then try to work into a stable once a week or at least once every other week range practice.
          _______
          Mr. CRC

          Comment

          • #35
            Mr.CRC
            Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 175

            Originally posted by rogers017
            I would be more than happy to bring out Browning Buck Mark for you to try. Even my 1911 if you would like.
            Oh, I just discovered that the Buck Mark is a target/hunting pistol. Interesting. Maybe I should do some comparison research before comitting to a Ruger. Some of those Brownings have a similar appearance that I like to the Ruger, so that's a plus.

            Holy smokes, the Bullseye target stainless with the wood handle is a very attractive piece!

            Thanks for the tip.

            Hmm, I should also look into if there are any .17 HMR pistols.
            _______
            Mr. CRC

            Comment

            • #36
              mds2004
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 972

              Originally posted by Mr.CRC
              Oh, I just discovered that the Buck Mark is a target/hunting pistol. Interesting. Maybe I should do some comparison research before comitting to a Ruger. Some of those Brownings have a similar appearance that I like to the Ruger, so that's a plus.

              Holy smokes, the Bullseye target stainless with the wood handle is a very attractive piece!

              Thanks for the tip.

              Hmm, I should also look into if there are any .17 HMR pistols.
              Stick with a .22lr for your first rimfire pistol if they make them in .17. I doubt there would be any in HMR but there may be one in the mach2 version.

              Comment

              • #37
                shoupdawg
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 2362

                Originally posted by Mr.CRC
                Mainly the 4 year old. I also have trouble with non-restorative sleep, so I'm often rather fatigued. My job has long hours. Thankfully I have one though! My wife doesn't drive, though I'm training her at the moment. So we kill most of Saturdays food shopping and taking the little one to piano school, stuff that many families do separately. That has it's ups and downs. Down for free time, but up in that we are a very close family and have a lot of quality time together just living life. Sundays are usually available.

                My goal is to get to the Livermore range with my finally out of the closet after 10 yrs. Ruger 10/22 after some travel next week. Then try to work into a stable once a week or at least once every other week range practice.

                Wow I hear ya...good luck!
                Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
                Mace (Bear)
                Puppy (Lab Staff)

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1