Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First Handgun - Glock 34

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    elrcastor
    In Memoriam
    • Jan 2009
    • 963

    yah, and glock 40's also shoot people's feet

    www.bumpfire.net

    www.CAPRC.Com

    Comment

    • #32
      Go Packers!
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 578

      Excellent first handgun choice. I have recommended it to many first time buyers. Enjoy!
      The dirty little secret about freedom is, you're on your own. -Clarence Thomas
      If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why are they made of meat? -Joe Getty, Armstrong & Getty radio show

      Comment

      • #33
        hybridatsun350
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2007
        • 5336

        Originally posted by BananaTyrant
        Yes, because FUD is often backed-up with pictures and sources...
        Guns don't just explode. Nothing is idiot proof.
        Dom

        ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

        Comment

        • #34
          Octane
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 85

          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Be careful, glock 40's KB!
          Really? I'd never heard that before...

          Comment

          • #35
            nick
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Aug 2008
            • 19152

            Good choice of a first handgun! My first handgun was a Glock 35, I now have a G34, as well, and both are still my favorite handguns.

            If you want to shoot non-jacketed ammo, get a barrel with regular rifling. I didn't bother to, for I only shoot jacketed ammo.

            Also, check out Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits.
            DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

            DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #36
              ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57182

              Originally posted by elrcastor
              yah, and glock 40's also shoot people's feet

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY
              I am the only person in this room qualified...bang!
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              • #37
                BananaTyrant
                Banned
                • Aug 2009
                • 170

                Originally posted by Voo
                I have no real desire to convince you of anything really.. If you want to continue your vein of rationale, so be it.. Just wanted the OP to realize that people's opinions on firearms is sometimes founded on not much more than assumption and an internet link..
                You obviously have no desire to actually read, either. I said I didn't realize it was 9mm at first. Then ar15barrels decided to come from the position that 9mms never KB. As soon as I proved him wrong(even if it was just the one case), he switched tactics and started saying it rarely happens while trying to make it sound like that's what everyone had been saying the whole time. Then you all gang up to attack me with the same arguments over and over. The more I defend myself and what I said, the more you guys devolve your arguments into petty jabs and sarcastic remarks.

                Sounds like you all should go work for Glock, you'd all fit in really well, with your back-peddling and redirecting while denying proof right in front of you by saying you didn't say what you did. Then you slap a FUD stamp on it and think the argument over. What do they call the unreasonable trust in something without allowing for another point of view(or the opposite of FUD)? I think it's naivety.

                Comment

                • #38
                  ar15barrels
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 57182

                  Originally posted by Octane
                  Really? I'd never heard that before...
                  It's a known fact.
                  9 out of 10 just randomly explode.
                  You don't even have to be shooting them for it to happen.
                  I know it's true because I read it on the internet.
                  Randall Rausch

                  AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                  Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                  Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                  Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                  Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    BananaTyrant
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 170

                    Originally posted by ar15barrels
                    It's a known fact.
                    9 out of 10 just randomly explode.
                    You don't even have to be shooting them for it to happen.
                    I know it's true because I read it on the internet.
                    Thank you. You just proved what I said in the above post.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Z ME FLY
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 6590

                      Originally posted by BananaTyrant
                      It sounds to me like you aren't getting what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to say that KBs are known to happen in glocks more often than any other gun. He asked if there was anything he should watch for. I told him about the KBs out of concern for him. I don't want him to get hurt while firing his first handgun.

                      The more I say I was just warning him, the more you say he has nothing to worry about. Sounds like the "Glock Perfection" propaganda has done it's work on you... Read through that site I linked to earlier. You'll see some of the shady things that Glock does.
                      Have you ever considered the fact there are more reported cases of Glock KBs is because almost everyone and their mom has a Glock? Glocks are very well made, dumb proof and you can pretty much do anything to it and it will still work. A lot of the cases when Glocks go KB is because people double charge their reloads. Even the big name ammo companies once in awhile make a bad batch of ammo.

                      Glocks KB
                      1911s KB
                      S&Ws KB

                      Every gun has the potential to KB due to a number of factors. That's why when I start to reload, I'm going to triple check everything to make sure it's OK. I clean my guns inside and out, lube them, and make sure it's good to go.

                      Everyone let's not turn this into a pissing match. We can talk about Glocks and other KBs ALL DAY if you want but just not in zx10r203's thread.

                      Anyways back on topic! zx10r203,

                      Congrats on the new glock 34. I always liked the look of the long slides. I personally would have got the G17 just because if I shoot in the GSSF I won't be with the big boys with the G17. I suggest that you get a ton of mags! Probably like 4-5 more mags so you can have 6 total. Buy a lot of ammo and go shooting! Don't be scared of any KBs. I just wouldn't buy reloads unless you reload them yourself. Go to Wallyworld and get the WWB 100rd packs. Shoot the crap out of it and have fun!
                      Originally posted by 69Mach1
                      The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                      Originally posted by 69Mach1
                      Z gets around. lol

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        ELEVENTH HOUR
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 1426

                        Great choice zx10 and sweet G-34!

                        I also only like Glock's in 9mm.....
                        1911-The most beautiful delivery system for 230 Grains of lead.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          BananaTyrant
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 170

                          Originally posted by Z ME FLY
                          Have you ever considered the fact there are more reported cases of Glock KBs is because almost everyone and their mom has a Glock? Glocks are very well made, dumb proof and you can pretty much do anything to it and it will still work. A lot of the cases when Glocks go KB is because people double charge their reloads. Even the big name ammo companies once in awhile make a bad batch of ammo.

                          Glocks KB
                          1911s KB
                          S&Ws KB

                          Every gun has the potential to KB due to a number of factors. That's why when I start to reload, I'm going to triple check everything to make sure it's OK. I clean my guns inside and out, lube them, and make sure it's good to go.

                          Everyone let's not turn this into a pissing match. We can talk about Glocks and other KBs ALL DAY if you want but just not in zx10r203's thread.

                          Anyways back on topic! zx10r203,

                          Congrats on the new glock 34. I always liked the look of the long slides. I personally would have got the G17 just because if I shoot in the GSSF I won't be with the big boys with the G17. I suggest that you get a ton of mags! Probably like 4-5 more mags so you can have 6 total. Buy a lot of ammo and go shooting! Don't be scared of any KBs. I just wouldn't buy reloads unless you reload them yourself. Go to Wallyworld and get the WWB 100rd packs. Shoot the crap out of it and have fun!


                          So, you're kind of trying to say what I said earlier. All guns KB. However Glocks don't KB more often because everyone has one. It happens because of the unsupported barrel.

                          Look at how thin the metal is on that thing. Yes, I know it's a .45, not a 9mm. Just trying to illustrate my point.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Voo
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 1702

                            Originally posted by ar15barrels
                            It's a known fact.
                            9 out of 10 just randomly explode.
                            You don't even have to be shooting them for it to happen.
                            I know it's true because I read it on the internet.
                            You've lost all credibility you realize.. with that 9mm never going KB remark.. I read Banana's and he proved you deadddd wrong! Heck he proved us all wrong i think?

                            From here on out, im going to simply chalk up what you have to say as assumption and irrelevant statements about X when asked about Y. This goes for that pesky platform you tend to prefer as well..

                            ok maybe im being harsh.. if you can provide a link on the interwebs saying they all go KAblooey, I'll be the first to sign the ballot to let you back into Club Glock.
                            Aloha snackbar!

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              ar15barrels
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 57182

                              Originally posted by Voo
                              You've lost all credibility you realize..

                              From here on out, im going to simply chalk up what you have to say as assumption and irrelevant statements about X when asked about Y.
                              Good.
                              You should chalk up EVERYTHING you read on the internet as assumptions and irrelevant statements.
                              You will be far better when you research everything yourself instead of just listening to what people say.
                              Randall Rausch

                              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                rabagley
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Apr 2008
                                • 7180

                                Originally posted by Voo
                                You've lost all credibility you realize.. with that 9mm never going KB remark.. I read Banana's and he proved you deadddd wrong! Heck he proved us all wrong i think?

                                From here on out, im going to simply chalk up what you have to say as assumption and irrelevant statements about X when asked about Y. This goes for that pesky platform you tend to prefer as well..

                                ok maybe im being harsh.. if you can provide a link on the interwebs saying they all go KAblooey, I'll be the first to sign the ballot to let you back into Club Glock.
                                The crack-boom you just heard was the very large joke flying over your head at supersonic speed.
                                "Ecuador offers the United States $23 million a year in economic aid, an amount similar to what we were receiving under the tariff benefits, with the purpose of providing human rights training that will contribute to avoid violations of people's privacy, that degrade humanity," --Fernando Alvarado

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1