Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CCI BLAZER AMMO

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    510shooter510
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 378

    If its under 20 bucks, buy it

    Comment

    • #17
      tuolumnejim
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2008
      • 11196

      They must have changed something with Blazer ammo, I tried it some time in the 80's and it was the nastiest fowling ammo ever.
      In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
      Publius Cornelius Scipio

      Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
      ― Thomas Jefferson

      Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
      John Adams

      Comment

      • #18
        forgiven
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2008
        • 5214

        No complaints here.

        Comment

        • #19
          bombadillo
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 14810

          If its the aluminum stuff, you may run into a FTE from time to time as the aluminum is really soft. I've seen one of the cases rip from the extractor and that happened but blazer brass is great. Personally I have never had any issues and i've shot quite a bit of it out of a ruger .45 and an XD9

          Comment

          • #20
            jchen76@gmail.com
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2004
            • 2092

            The aluminum cased ammo works in all my pistols. With prices these days, it's only dollar or two to upgrade to the blazer brass stuff. For my AR 9mm, it seems underpowered, sometimes it won't cycle properly.

            Comment

            • #21
              AJD
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 575

              Originally posted by tuolumnejim
              They must have changed something with Blazer ammo, I tried it some time in the 80's and it was the nastiest fowling ammo ever.
              I don't know when exactly, but CCI did do some changes to it. It is one of, if not the cleanest shooting ammo brands I've ever shot. I didn't shoot a ton of it because I reload, but when I did I was amazed at how clean it left the gun compared to other ammo.

              Comment

              • #22
                fd15k
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 1049

                I've shot some 200-300 .40S&W with uncle Scotty today - not a single
                issue. P226 feeds them flawlessly.

                Originally posted by CA_SHARPSHOOTER
                yah I have 2000 rounds of blazer through my 9mm p226 and never had a single problem, it runs a little dirty but the money you save is well worth it.

                Comment

                • #23
                  fullrearview
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 9371

                  I have ran about 600 rounds down my p226 .40 and not one hiccup. I love it!
                  "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    TitanCi
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 586

                    Yeah, for the price; it's pretty good. I haven't had one problem with it yet except finding it!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      HondaMasterTech
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 4338

                      Agree. I've shot a bunch through my Glock30 without a single malfunction. Doesn't leave a tone of residue, either.
                      Originally posted by Paladin
                      (Please skip the lame "two weeks" replies.)
                      Originally posted by Ford8N
                      If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        DRAB_81
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 2482

                        I bought 300 rounds of the aluminum cased stuff for my HK45c a while back. It was 16.99 a box at RCGE. It was not very accurate for me. I could see the rounds as they traveled down range, but they all fed just fine. I even tried different ammo, and another shooter to see if I was just shooting bad. My WWB and UMC stuff was as accurate as it usually is, and the blazer was inaccurate for my friend too. The Blazer Brass has been good for me though.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          esskay
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 2304

                          I have gone through thousands of the aluminum-cased Blazer ammo over the years, for competition & training courses. Primarily 9mm & 40. Has always been very accurate and never had problems like some folks have mentioned here. Also find it to be pretty clean. I do believe that the aluminum cases might be slightly thicker, I had a new match .40 barrel with a tight match chamber that had to be opened up slightly to allow the aluminum cased ammo to chamber properly.
                          Last edited by esskay; 09-12-2009, 11:11 PM.
                          WTS: Ewbank AKM & NDS-4 AK receivers, Custom Chief AJ Ruger Mini-14

                          WTS: Oakley SI Shoes

                          WTS KAC rail panels

                          WTS: MGI Hydra Modular AR Lower

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Black Majik
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 9695

                            Gone through many thousands of 9mm and .45 without issues, it's decent stuff and cleaner than WWB bulk pack ammo.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              USP4me
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2006
                              • 57

                              Lots of failures to fire in my Glock with the aluminum stuff. Good, solid primer strikes but no bang. They fire fine the second time around.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                thefurball
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 610

                                No problem with any that I have shot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1