Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig 365 mag base plates

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fishnbeer
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 777

    Sig 365 mag base plates

    Picked up my 365 last night and hit the range. Pretty happy with it, its a good little shooter. I shoot this one better than any of the other small guns. I am tempted to take a bit of sandpaper to the bottom corner of the grip. The moulding has a sharp edge right on the heel of the grip that dug into my hand while shooting.

    Comes with 2 mags, and I bought 2 more. The 2 addl mags said not us made, the ones that came with it are us made. Only 1 of the mags that came with the gun has the base plate with pinky finger extension. What style finger extensions should I look at?

    BTW these have got to be the hardest mags I have ever tried to load. I forgot my mag loader amd trying to shove the last 2 rounds in there was nearly impossible. I did not get a chance for a tactical reload so I am not sure if a full mag will click in and cycle on a closed slide.

    Other than that, pretty rad little shooter.
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    I didn't have any issues with the heel of my P365. If there's burr on yours, I don't see why you couldn't sand it a bit.

    As for the pinky extender, I had 4 factory extenders that worked great. If you wand something other than that, just google them. You can find all kinds from 3D printed to fancy anodized aluminum ones. It just depends on what catches your eye. FYI, I've heard that if you get different colored ones it might make it easier to tell when it's time to rotate your magazines.
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      riceman
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2010
      • 486

      Joe Bob Outfitters have a great sale on Sig 365 Mags with factory finger extensions for $34.95. All say USA made, at that price I bought 4.
      For knowing what mags are ready to rotate I numbered the bottom plates 1 to 6. That also lets me know if I have a problem with a mag & which one it is.

      Comment

      • #4
        fishnbeer
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 777

        Rotate mags? Is there an issue with the longevity of the mags?

        Comment

        • #5
          morrcarr67
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2010
          • 15053

          Originally posted by fishnbeer
          Rotate mags? Is there an issue with the longevity of the mags?
          No, but there is with springs.
          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

          Originally posted by Erion929

          Comment

          • #6
            Djantlive
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2021
            • 612

            The mags will break-in better over time.

            Comment

            • #7
              fishnbeer
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2010
              • 777

              So I was messing with the mags last night and noticed something. Loaded them with 10 rounds of snap caps and loaded them into the magwell. The 2 US made mags were pretty hard to push up in until they clicked into place. The 2 Italian mags went in and snapped into place no problem.

              They are all 10 round oem mags with oem base plates. I bought them maybe 2 months ago, someone posted in the deals/sales a place that had the 365 mags on sale. Was not joe bob outfitters, i forget who.

              I wonder if the italian ones were like early production or something. 365 has been around for a while, just not in CA (til now). The born on date on the tupperware says oct 20

              Comment

              • #8
                asymmetricalwarfar3
                Member
                • Aug 2007
                • 383

                No affiliation. Installed a few of these---https://www.xtechtactical.com/product/mtx-365-plus0-grip-extender-for-p365/

                Still need some range time to check reliability.....
                Originally posted by BTF/PTM
                Stay black, don't fake the funk. Peace out, yall.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Imist!
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2021
                  • 90

                  365 mags $39.99

                  Originally posted by fishnbeer
                  So I was messing with the mags last night and noticed something. Loaded them with 10 rounds of snap caps and loaded them into the magwell. The 2 US made mags were pretty hard to push up in until they clicked into place. The 2 Italian mags went in and snapped into place no problem.

                  They are all 10 round oem mags with oem base plates. I bought them maybe 2 months ago, someone posted in the deals/sales a place that had the 365 mags on sale. Was not joe bob outfitters, i forget who.

                  I wonder if the italian ones were like early production or something. 365 has been around for a while, just not in CA (til now). The born on date on the tupperware says oct 20
                  Best price I've seen for 365 mags with the extension. I also found a free shipping coupon. https://www.recoilgunworks.com/p365-9mm-extension-10rd/
                  Last edited by Imist!; 01-05-2024, 4:24 PM. Reason: Better link
                  Light green/yellow GC
                  03/31/21 - Check Cashed
                  06/09/21 - Interview
                  09/15/21 - Live Scan Complete
                  03/17/22 - Denied GC
                  ----------------
                  Plan like you're living forever, prepare like you're dying tomorrow.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    static2126
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 5619

                    Originally posted by riceman
                    Joe Bob Outfitters have a great sale on Sig 365 Mags with factory finger extensions for $34.95. All say USA made, at that price I bought 4.
                    For knowing what mags are ready to rotate I numbered the bottom plates 1 to 6. That also lets me know if I have a problem with a mag & which one it is.

                    I don't rotate mags. I just do range vs carry mags


                    Carry mags are vetted for 500 rounds then carried. 500 fmj and 100 jhp. .Range mags are dropped and used at rhe range.

                    All.carry mags permanently left loaded. Primary carry mag shot once a year beginning of year and new ammo added.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      chetly
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 95

                      $34.95 is a great price. I found them for $41.95 and bought 4. Then i went to Armory Craft and got the base plates that allow you to run the 10 round mag in the X/XL chassis and to Sig and bought the X/XL chassis. Will basically covert my 365 to 365X dimensions.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1