Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

P320 FCU question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Grendel Guy
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3046

    P320 FCU question

    Is it legal to purchase the FCU only for the P320 through an ffl dealer? Understanding that there is the mandatory "cooling off"period.
  • #2
    BlueOvalBandit
    Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 154

    The short, the FCU is the firearm. All laws and regs apply no different than if it was the full 320. You still have to wait 10 days. Also means the roster applies as well, unless exempt, ppt, or gifted.

    The legal eagles can follow up with a more detailed reply

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      Grendel Guy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3046

      Thanks. I thought that was the case. I was thinking that since it wasn't caliber specific (like an ar lower) it wouldn't be subject to the roster. But then again there is no p320, whatever the caliber, on the roster.

      Comment

      • #4
        Djantlive
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2021
        • 612

        It’s off roster. But some places will do ppt as used. If you can get it for about 800, it’s well worth it. That’s how I built my spectre. The fcu can be moved to other platforms too.

        Comment

        • #5
          morrcarr67
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2010
          • 15053

          Originally posted by Grendel Guy
          Is it legal to purchase the FCU only for the P320 through an ffl dealer? Understanding that there is the mandatory "cooling off"period.
          Originally posted by Grendel Guy
          Thanks. I thought that was the case. I was thinking that since it wasn't caliber specific (like an ar lower) it wouldn't be subject to the roster. But then again there is no p320, whatever the caliber, on the roster.
          You don't list your location, too bad. You may be close to a dealer who sells them to everyday people.

          Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

          Originally posted by Erion929

          Comment

          • #6
            Karch
            Member
            • Apr 2015
            • 331

            Comment

            • #7
              morrcarr67
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2010
              • 15053

              Originally posted by morrcarr67
              You don't list your location, too bad. You may be close to a dealer who sells them to everyday people.

              Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
              Read my post above, it applies to you too. [emoji6]

              Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
              Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

              Originally posted by Erion929

              Comment

              • #8
                RugerNo1
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 1644

                This video may be relevant to the conversation.

                Dane

                For the Learned Rifleman

                Comment

                • #9
                  Grendel Guy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 3046

                  Originally posted by RugerNo1
                  This video may be relevant to the conversation.

                  https://youtu.be/2V8kcjG6kiw
                  Very interesting. Now to find an ffl that would take the shipment of the fcu and rest of the gun since I'm not local to Rancho Cucamonga (northern Ca).

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    dummykid
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2016
                    • 1296

                    talk to 2AZONE, and you can get all the answers.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Grendel Guy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 3046

                      ^^^Did so about an hour ago. They're fresh out if FCUs for the 320s, but had some for the 265s (?). I was looking for one for the 10mm/.45acp. I was told by sig the one for the 9 won't work for the desired calibers. Have to call back on Monday to see if they can get one.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Karch
                        Member
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 331

                        Originally posted by Grendel Guy
                        ^^^Did so about an hour ago. They're fresh out if FCUs for the 320s, but had some for the 265s (?). I was looking for one for the 10mm/.45acp. I was told by sig the one for the 9 won't work for the desired calibers. Have to call back on Monday to see if they can get one.

                        Sig does say that, but I changed one part, put it into an xTen grip module and slide and proved them wrong.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Grendel Guy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 3046

                          So what part did you change?
                          Last edited by Grendel Guy; 11-26-2022, 1:47 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Karch
                            Member
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 331

                            Originally posted by Grendel Guy
                            So what part did you change?

                            Takedown safety lever from a .45 auto version.

                            BajaJames can hook you up, if you like.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tortugatron
                              Member
                              • Aug 2015
                              • 259

                              BA3D1B47-30F0-4542-8BEF-0E3A5261DEFA.jpg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1