Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My ria 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Red9
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 2900

    My ria 1911

    Got this on sale at SW a rock island 1911a.
    The only bad I can say is the sights suck. But so far 300 rounds later and it runs great. No issues at all. All went bang. Most hit where I aimed. Most because it was windy as heck.
    So if you want a budget 1911 get a ria. Hard to beat for the buck.

    Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk
    Never enough reloading stuff
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    Originally posted by Red9
    Got this on sale at SW a rock island 1911a.
    The only bad I can say is the sights suck. But so far 300 rounds later and it runs great. No issues at all. All went bang. Most hit where I aimed. Most because it was windy as heck.
    So if you want a budget 1911 get a ria. Hard to beat for the buck.

    Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk


    But yeah, it's well known that GI sights suck.

    Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      Red9
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 2900

      Originally posted by morrcarr67


      But yeah, it's well known that GI sights suck.

      Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
      Never meant to be a target vs battle pistol?
      I knew that buying the ria. Still, I find it's pretty fun to shoot. Haven't shot paper yet just a 8 inch plate.

      Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk
      Never enough reloading stuff

      Comment

      • #4
        Garbcollector
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 2446

        Never owned a ria but I've heard good things about them

        Comment

        • #5
          FeuerFrei
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2008
          • 7455

          Good grab OP!

          I have an old 5" Tactical model 45 acp. It's a grinder and accurate to boot.

          Great value for anyone wanting to try a 1911 clone. I was a 1911 snob, but after getting my hands on one with low expectations I was surprised as hell.

          Comment

          • #6
            plumbum
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 5394

            I just picked up a GI 1911 A1 - for an all steel, full size, service style pistol in a proven cartridge, can't be beat! Got mine for $399, and I had some points and a little gift card to use. Very clean and well finished, nice trigger too.
            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

            Comment

            • #7
              sghart
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 1262

              I too was a 1911 snob at one time. But I saw a Rock Island 45 that was so cheap I couldn't say no. I liked it so much that I bought a second one chambered in 38 Super. Then I found a 9mm barrel for it. Excellent guns.

              I wish the 10mm version was on the approved list!

              Comment

              • #8
                Red9
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2014
                • 2900

                Originally posted by sghart
                I too was a 1911 snob at one time. But I saw a Rock Island 45 that was so cheap I couldn't say no. I liked it so much that I bought a second one chambered in 38 Super. Then I found a 9mm barrel for it. Excellent guns.

                I wish the 10mm version was on the approved list!
                I've been thinking about the slide kit. But at 450 or so, I'm on the fence.

                Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk
                Never enough reloading stuff

                Comment

                • #9
                  tdp113530
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 539

                  Originally posted by FeuerFrei
                  Good grab OP!

                  I have an old 5" Tactical model 45 acp. It's a grinder and accurate to boot.

                  Great value for anyone wanting to try a 1911 clone. I was a 1911 snob, but after getting my hands on one with low expectations I was surprised as hell.
                  Same here. Replaced the sights and it has been good to go. Best $415.00 I ever spent.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Tom-ADC
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 3614

                    Originally posted by FeuerFrei
                    Good grab OP!

                    I have an old 5" Tactical model 45 acp. It's a grinder and accurate to boot.

                    Great value for anyone wanting to try a 1911 clone. I was a 1911 snob, but after getting my hands on one with low expectations I was surprised as hell.
                    Mine is old enough has a banner slide but they just run great out of the box, have their compact also.
                    US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TomReloaded
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 1637

                      You can buy new slides with Novak sights on ebay for 125-150. They drop right on with no fitting.

                      Rock makes better 1911's than a lot of brands... They're just a little ugly in the finish.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        saudadeii
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 3468

                        Mine is a "Tactical" from 2013 with the big billboard (still on roster back then). Maybe not the prettiest gal at the party but she sure can dance.

                        I thought about a newer RIA slide, perhaps ceracote, even just blasting it. Decide no as she has a certain charm on her own. Besides, no one at the range asks to shoot it.
                        My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hambam105
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 7083

                          When I had $200 to spend on purchasing another 1911 I could have bought a RIA, sure. I am glad now
                          that I waited and saved up an additional two hundred and pulled the trigger on SA instead.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SigSauerP226
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 877

                            Is it fairly easy to upgrade the sights and triggers on the GI models? That’d be about all I could see wanting. Also, 4-6lb trigger seems a little heavy, is that fairly standard for SA 1911s?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Karch
                              Member
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 331

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1