Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Canik handguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    SirRicky85
    Member
    • Sep 2016
    • 336

    After I got the Czechmate, I said, that would be my last gun. I was going to pick up a Canik or another bolt action. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet...
    Browning Buck Mark Practical URX
    Glock 19 Gen 3, Smith & Wesson 686 Plus
    Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Target
    CZ Czechmate
    Thompson Center T/CR22
    CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
    Colt LE6920CMPS-B, Franklin Armory CA7
    Arsenal SAM7R-61
    Masterpiece Arms 308BA
    Mossberg 500 Tactical

    Comment

    • #32
      Savion
      Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 177

      Originally posted by BAJ475
      Have you compared it with PPQs or PDPs? What are the optic choices are why do you say they are negative?
      I also have a Walther PDP and Canik feels better quality. If I shake the gun the Walther PDP has some play between the frame and slide but the Canik is solid.

      The optic choices for the Mete is Shield or RMR CC or Holosun 407/507K.It may not be a negative for everyone but I like a bigger window for red dot sight.

      Comment

      • #33
        Robert1234
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 3080

        Originally posted by SirRicky85
        ...I said, that would be my last gun.
        That's a good one, thanks for the laugh.

        Comment

        • #34
          Grobie
          Member
          • Sep 2016
          • 179

          Originally posted by Robert1234
          I have the six, not crazy about the grip, a little small front to back, and the way the bottom reas curves doesn't really work for my hands. Also the top rear part of the grip feels like it could have been contoured a little higher.

          Does have a very nice trigger though, and for the price, hard to beat. Too bad Valifornia stifles innovation in the handgun market.
          I've heard those complaints before, but I guess the grip hasn't bothered me much. I recently watched a review in which they said the Mete addressed all the issues you states. Probably gonna order it after the holidays as I just purchased 3 guns. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the stupid CA laws.

          Comment

          • #35
            Grumpyoldretiredcop
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2008
            • 6437

            I have a TP9SF and once I managed to break the rear sight loose so that I could drift it, I was happy with it. It has the best striker-fired trigger I've felt to date.

            I had a TP9SFx that I wasn't quite as happy with as the iron sights were impossible to adjust and so far off that they were useless. I wound up selling it due to that issue. If you were going to use a RDS exclusively on that model, it most likely wouldn't be an issue for you. It has the same outstanding trigger.
            I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

            Comment

            • #36
              Tekkno
              Member
              • Nov 2012
              • 461

              Where did you get it from ? PPT?

              Comment

              • #37
                BigPimping
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2010
                • 21487

                I've heard of them, I've never seen one. They are kind of rare around here.
                sigpic

                PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                Don't let your history be a mystery

                Comment

                • #38
                  Robert1234
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3080

                  Originally posted by BigPimping
                  I've heard of them, I've never seen one. They are kind of rare around here.
                  If you can find one for less than $500.00, they're a good buy. The triggers are better than any other striker fired gun out of the box.

                  Long term reliability/durability is the unknown, but there's an aftermarket for triggers, sights (from what I've read, the dovetails are the same as S&W M&P), and grip enhancement/weights. They come optic ready, including several mounting plates which is a real deal enhancer for those looking for an inexpensive Carry Optic gun.

                  Personally, to me they're only worth buying if they cost less than a Glock or other plastic gun with a proven track record. I definitely won't pay off-roster premium to get one.

                  But that's me, other opinions vary

                  In five years, if they prove to be reliable with high round counts, I may change my opinion.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    ar15robert
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2002
                    • 2529

                    Seen them around here in phx area and good pricing. Heard good about them too. Might just go buy one next week was gonna get my mom a glock 17-19 for a home gun. Maybe just here one of theses and save a few bucks.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Tere_Hanges
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 6270

                      I love Glocks but the PPQ is a superior handgun. The Canik is an excellent PPQ clone. I wouldnt pay more for a Glock. Only advantage for Glock is the mags. But if there was no roster, I'd buy a P365 before a Glock.
                      CRPA and NRA member.

                      Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        BigPimping
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 21487

                        Glock has an impeccable reliability record.
                        sigpic

                        PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                        When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                        Don't let your history be a mystery

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Southbay
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2007
                          • 890

                          Originally posted by Tekkno
                          Where did you get it from ? PPT?
                          Dealer, I moved out of CA
                          The bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

                          Need a Realtor, I have 30 years experience, PM me.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Robert1234
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 3080

                            Originally posted by BigPimping
                            Glock has an impeccable reliability record.
                            Impressive, yes. Impeccable, not so much.

                            Cause let's face it, if it was perfect, impeccable, whichever term you want to use, there wouldn't be two generations, let alone five (5).

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              BAJ475
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2014
                              • 5215

                              Canik Mete SFT

                              Well I took the plunge and now own a Canik Mete SFT. Out the door at $457.87 including 6% sales tax in under 30 min. (No NICS with CWL). Too bad that they are only available to exempt persons in CA (1 18rnd & 1 20rnd mag). It does have a short LCI like my XDs.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Flexipino
                                Junior Member
                                • Jul 2020
                                • 9

                                Unique to CA

                                I have the TP9 Elite SC and the TP9 SFX. PPT in CA is a pretty penny but these are 2 of my pistols that will be transferred to my boys in due time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1