Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 9mm models

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ghideon
    Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 403

    1911 9mm models

    My b-day is coming up, and the warden has told me I get to pick what I want for my present. She wasn't surprised in the least when I told her what I was considering.

    Has anyone had experience with the 9mm 1911 offerings from Springfield, Kimber and Para Ord?

    These are the models I am looking at:

    SA: PI9134L
    Para: PX189SR
    Kimber: Stainless Target II
  • #2
    joel1316
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1086

    Can't go wrong with the Springfield version, I've shot thousands of rounds and still has not hiccuped and continualy shoots where I want it.... What's the price on the other 2 modes and are they CA approved?

    Comment

    • #3
      Overkill
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 776

      I think all the models listed are CA approved.

      Paras have spotty QC. Some pistols are great while others seem poorly made.

      Kimbers have the annoying firing pin safety.

      Personally, I'd go with the Springfield. My experience with them has been positive, and they are a standard 1911 design (which makes working on your own pistol easier.

      Comment

      • #4
        pilotimb
        Member
        • Nov 2005
        • 321

        I love my Springfield PI9134L.

        I bought it used from the origional owner who claimed to have only put about 500 through the pipe.

        I've put an additional 2000 rounds of WWB and had no problems at all. No FTF, FTE, stovepipes, nothing. A great gun that I highly recomend.

        Comment

        • #5
          saki302
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2005
          • 7191

          I used to be pro-Kimber anti-springfield back when I had a loosey Brazilian-made Spr. stainless 1911A1. Then I handled the new Springfields at the SHOT show last year.. and ended up with a TRP operator.. I LOVE IT! Their new guns are worlds ahead of their stuff 10 years ago.
          And on the other hand, Kimber's new models are not as tight or as well made as their 1st series stuff (I have on old Gold Match and love it too!). I handled someone;s Team MAtch and my old Gold MAtch outshot it handily. The TM rattled :P

          My vote as of 2006 goes to Springfield

          -Dave

          Comment

          • #6
            marklbucla
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 914

            I've got the fixed sight version of the Springfield in question. It had problems with the sights, Failures to extract, and a really heavy trigger pull. I sent it back to Springfield and they fixed it up. I did have to file down the front sight on my own however. Sweet shooter.

            Comment

            • #7
              HeHateMe
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 551

              I have a Springfield. Runs well, but accuracy is only average. You can probably do better at that price range unless you're married to the 1911 platform.
              **********************************************
              - Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
              - WTB: Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6

              Comment

              • #8
                magsnubby
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 669

                How about another on of J.B's great guns, a Hi Power?

                Comment

                • #9
                  robairto
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 772

                  I'll take a


                  I have a springfield and a Colt commander Ltwt 9mm and a couple of
                  Colt commander 38spr's. I love all of them and shoot them more than
                  my 45's.
                  Last edited by robairto; 12-06-2006, 11:07 PM.
                  "I'm no school boy, I know what I like "
                  SACTO area

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ghideon
                    Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 403

                    Originally posted by magsnubby
                    How about another on of J.B's great guns, a Hi Power?
                    It is on 'the list.' Not only do I get to choose something for my b-day, but also our up coming anniversary. Part of the plan is to get her to shoot an HP. I think she'll like the slim grip. But one step at a time...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      marklbucla
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 914

                      You do realize though that if you get something else first, you'll still have to get a 1911 later.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Cardinal Sin
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 897

                        Originally posted by Overkill
                        Kimbers have the annoying firing pin safety.


                        Never had a problem with mine, doesn't impact the function of my gun, (nor the one that is rented at the range). Some like it, some dont . .who cares

                        I trust the Kimber enough to carry it daily as a duty weapon and 3-4k rounds through it prove it's reliability for me.
                        "Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand." -Bodie Thoene

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          zefflyn
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 537

                          I just picked up the fixed-sight Springfield 9mm, and can't wait to try it out.

                          Another option - Springfield is now selling their "mini" 1911 in 9mm, the EMP.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            10ring
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 93

                            springfield 1911 9mm

                            I have the Springer with target sights. I considered the Kimber & Springer. The Kimber had a 2 month wait. The Springer was in stock at turners.
                            This is the first pistol in my bag for every trip to the range and the last to go in on the way home. I do not like the target sights, prefer the standard. Thats just me. The pistol is very accurate, shoots all kinds of ammo with no FTF, etc problems. The trigger is smooth.

                            Tripp research (cobra mags) has 10 round mags in development due out 1st Qtr 2007. I've used wilson 10 rnd 38super mags but the first bullet jams sometimes.

                            My (very) close second favorite is a browning hi power, 9mm with a trigger job. great pistol, just different in terms of grip, action, fit.

                            I think you need both.

                            Good Luck

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Astig Boy
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 1016

                              Springer 9mm conversion kit

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1