Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

most reliable

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    stphnman20
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2005
    • 6583

    Originally posted by goathead
    beretta or glocks
    I had a Beretta when I was in Iraq.. That thing is a jamaholic!!! No how much I cleaned that thing, it wold always jam!! Then I switched to a Glock 19.. Lets just say it never failed me once!!

    Comment

    • #17
      FEMUN
      Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 312

      Thats odd. My three cousins In Iraq/afghanistan Love their Beretta's cuz they never jam.

      Comment

      • #18
        BamBam-31
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Dec 2005
        • 5318

        Originally posted by leelaw
        I'd stay away from the S&W pistols. I've never been sold on them, aside from the M&P, and that has a funky trigger.

        "Stopping power" is really a myth. Work on shot placement, and the stopping will follow. mm, .40SW, .45ACP. All should suit you fine.

        Of the listed guns, I'd not buy any. Since I have to pick from the list, I'd recommend the Glock series. Pick one that feeds the caliber you want.
        Ah, the infamous mm caliber. Zero recoil, infinite stopping power.

        As for the OP, I'd STRONGLY suggest looking at the Glock 17. Then any other Glock on the list. Then a Beretta 92F.

        Glocks are nothing if not reliable.
        Last edited by BamBam-31; 06-23-2009, 4:41 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          hybridatsun350
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2007
          • 5336

          Most of those guns are pretty solid, but if I had to narrow it down to three it would be:

          1.) Glock 17
          2.) Glock 22
          3.) Glock 21

          Glocks just work. I put the 17 at the top because of high mag capacity and fast follow up shots. "Stopping power" is a non-issue when talking about modern JHP bullets.

          If you aren't sold on Glocks then take a moment to read this thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462537
          Last edited by hybridatsun350; 06-23-2009, 4:44 PM.
          Dom

          ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

          Comment

          • #20
            InvictusManeo
            Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 396

            Glocks are mechanically excellent, but if it doesn't fit your hand you will hate it. In addition to being uncomfortable for some, the design is prone to stovepiping if not properly held, and personally, I have to focus enough on my grip to keep that from happening that the rest of my shooting mechanics suffer.

            The 92 platform gets bashed by the Glock camp all the time, but I've never had a problem with one. First time I picked one up, it settled naturally into correct position and put all rounds on target with little to no effort. While I have seen FTF in a poorly maintained range gun shooting their reloads, that's the only malfunction (mechanical or user) I've encountered.

            Both are good platforms, try 'em out and see which one is best in YOUR hands.
            He was a demon. He was a parasite. He was a cancer. We were the cure. And he left you for a bitter grave today. - Coalition Bear

            There's a lot of fine ways to die. I ain't waiting for the government to choose mine. - Malcolm Reynolds

            Comment

            • #21
              Greg-Dawg
              Banned
              • Oct 2006
              • 7793

              Originally posted by smlockdown
              Glock:

              9mm: Model 34, magazine capacity 17
              Model 17, magazine capacity 17
              Model 19, magazine capacity 15

              .40 caliber: Model 35, magazine capacity 15
              Model 22, magazine capacity 15
              Model 23, magazine capacity 13


              .45 caliber: Model 21, magazine capacity 13
              Glock Foh-tays!!!!

              Comment

              • #22
                thejackamo
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 88

                If I had to choose from that list, either the Glock 19 or the 21 (why is there a Glock 19 but no Glock 38 on that list? weird.)
                I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give.

                ---Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Alexander Donald

                Comment

                • #23
                  BamBam-31
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 5318

                  Originally posted by thejackamo
                  If I had to choose from that list, either the Glock 19 or the 21 (why is there a Glock 19 but no Glock 38 on that list? weird.)
                  Maybe LAPD doesn't wanna stock up on 45 GAP just for one pistol? Looks like a 9/.40/.45 only type of deal.

                  And if the OP is worried about the ol' "But the Glock frame doesn't fit my hand!" thing, read this:

                  Glock Adjustable Grip Models Announced
                  By Richard
                  Police supplier GT Distributers announced they received word that Glock is introducing adjustable grip model Glock pistols.

                  GT Distributers reported that they found out earlier today at the National Association of Police Equipment Distributers (NAPED) conference that Glock announced they will bring out the adjustable grip models later this year, or early next year.

                  At this time, there are no photos of the new Glock models, and I was unable to reach any Glock officials to confirm this information, as I received this after their offices closed.

                  Glock led the polymer handgun revolution, but has been criticized by some for not remaining innovative with new designs. The Smith and Wesson M&P has gained back some of the ground it lost to Glock years ago with police departments because of features like interchangeable back straps that allow the user to better fit the gun to his or her hand.

                  At the 2009 SHOT Show, Glock introduced the RTF pistols, which was the standard Glock with a more aggressive texture on the frame for a better grip and a different pattern of serrations on the slide. While some people like the new texture, many more people were hoping for a more interesting announcement from Glock.

                  An adjustable grip model Glock is certainly is significant announcement from Glock. What is interesting is that it was made at the NAPED convention. While NAPED is a good choice for Glock to reach the law enforcement market, it clearly does not have the same attendance and press coverage that the SHOT Show would have had. Additionally, just a few weeks ago, the National Rifle Association held its annual meeting, which was well covered by the gun press, and attended by many thousands of firearms enthusiasts.

                  I hope to have more information in the next few days.

                  *** UPDATE ***

                  Pistol-Training.com has posted a confirmation of the adjustable grip Glock pistol.
                  Last edited by BamBam-31; 06-23-2009, 5:16 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Sobriquet
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 820

                    I'd much rather have an HK.. but if I had to stick with that list, Glock 17 would be my only choice. I'd rather have more rounds of 124gr +P Federal HST or Winchester SXT than a larger caliber.

                    Make sure you put some real sights on that Glock instead of the garbage they ship with.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      john323
                      Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 402

                      most reliable

                      If it fits your hand go with the Glock.
                      johnsgunsmithing@live.com

                      Southern California
                      Anything legal Rifles , Handguns , Shotguns and Black Powder

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        stphnman20
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 6583

                        Originally posted by john323
                        If it fits your hand go with the Glock.
                        If your hand doesn't fit the Glock, Make the Glock fit your hand!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          tyrist
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 4564

                          There are many more approved models from those makers than you included on your list.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            thejackamo
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 88

                            Originally posted by BamBam-31
                            Maybe LAPD doesn't wanna stock up on 45 GAP just for one pistol?
                            I goofed on that model number - I meant Glock 30. I figure they have a full size 9mm (17) and a compact 9mm (19), why not have a compact .45 with the full size.
                            I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give.

                            ---Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Alexander Donald

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Cato
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 5659

                              Glock 17; very boring, but of the choices, it's the one I'd stake the live of the citizenry on.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                frankiejoe577
                                Member
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 378

                                I don't know if it was just me or what but the one time I shot a Beretta when the barrel got hot the aim was really bad.... not just bad but REALLY bad. Could have been that the person that owned it never cleaned it... haha
                                Marin County - Glock Armorer


                                Photos from my last trip to Front Sight Click here.
                                I have a few Front Sight memberships and course certificates available if your interested. PM ME

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1