DELETE
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DELETE
Collapse
X
-
1. Are they actual Glock factory magazines or are they third party manufactured magazines that were being sold as OEM magazines?
2. What generation are the magazines?sigpic
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).Comment
-
Also, are you having malfunctions on random rounds in the mag or are they for example the 1st or last round? Mark your mags and keep track. I had terrible reliability with our Gen 4 G19. But this was with CA 10 rounders and only with JHP. They would stovepipe around the 5th or 6th round.
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLes Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)Comment
-
were your freedom week mags glock OEM?best troll thread in calguns history
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clownsComment
-
do they have a u notch or a square notch or a kind of flat in the middle v notch
very early magazines had a problem with the follower check the follower for a code number if none its the oldest but they are only found in the u notch magazines the square notch magazines can cause the top round to kind of catch a bit on the rim every other one and sit at a slight angle
also all these old magazines are going on 25 to 30 years old so springs can get weakComment
-
Quiet - They are actual Glock branded magazines. They are Gen 4's.
XDJYo - As I mentioned in my original post, the malfunctions occurred every 5 rounds, and I did mark and date the magazines that malfunctioned.
Mossy - Yes, all four magazines were Glock branded OEM.
JSanch03 - I agree that the Korean KCI mags are garbage, I threw all mine away.
Joust - These are Glock branded magazines, my reference of OEM indicates Original Equipment Manufacturer (which would be Glock), I am saying that my glock branded 15rd mags were both malfunctioning, and my glock branded 10 rd mags were 100% reliable.
bohoki - Not certain what you mean by notch, but the follower has a 9mm stamp and 6 or 9 stamp as well. Both of magazines were purchased during freedom week, so I don't think there should be spring problems.Comment
-
I’m guessing 10 year old recoil spring may need to be replaced, or those mags and the blazer ammo don’t get along.
My personal thing is I never use 115g 9mm ammo, many many years ago I stopped using it. Only 124 or 147 and malfunctions in all 9mm firearms became a thing of the past.Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.Comment
-
I'd try replacing the followers. My freedom week mags say "9mm3" on the followers and they function reliably in my Gen 4 Glock 19. I believe the orange "9mm 6" followers are for the Gen 5 mags.Last edited by teflondog; 06-11-2021, 7:54 AM.Originally posted by G. Michael HopfHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.Comment
-
I read here that some people replaced the followers and that seemed to fix their issue.
Maybe contract glock and explain the issue and ask for different followers?
I wouldn't mail them the mags because they might send you 10 rounders in return.
Good luck,Comment
-
stormvet - I dont think its the recoil spring, they're supposed to last ~10k rounds (I'm probably halfway there). You may be on to something with the 115gr, I also prefer 124gr. I bought the 1k Blazer brass in 2020 at $0.36/rd. As I'm sure you know its challenging to find 9mm at all these days especially at .36/rd. None of my other 9mm have had issues with this ammo (G43, G48, Shield). Its just frustrating that what I consider my go to gun isn't 100% (or even 90%) reliable as I've been accustomed with these glocks.
teflondog - Thanks for the suggestion, I will see if I can get my hands on 9mm3 followers and see if it helps. The followers I have are Gen4, as they are not orange.
smitty - You make a good point about just asking for the followers, I'll reach out to Glock. Thank you for this suggestion!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,908
Posts: 25,153,019
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31601 users online. 86 members and 31515 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment