Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Taurus 856

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    aye_dre
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 729

    Originally posted by sigstroker
    Taurus puts a night sight on their Defender model. Maybe you can get one and put it on yours.

    That's good to know. I'll reach out to Taurus CS to see if this will fit and if I can buy the front sight directly from them.

    Comment

    • #17
      sigstroker
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 19859

      Kind of hard to go wrong on a $300 revolver if it works at all.

      Comment

      • #18
        aye_dre
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2014
        • 729

        Just got off the phone with Taurus CS. They do not offer the Defender front night sight on the website, but they said I can place a phone order. They cannot guarantee it will fit my 856 UL. The CS Rep said if it doesn't fit I can return it for a refund, but have to pay shipping.

        I was going to take a chance and make the purchase. Although, last minute the rep said the item is on backorder with no ETA on a restock. She quoted me $43 for the front night (new pin included) and that is with shipping & tax included for those interested.

        Comment

        • #19
          sigstroker
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2009
          • 19859

          Seems like a lot for such a small thing, but I guess tritium isn't cheap.

          Comment

          • #20
            tacticalcity
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Aug 2006
            • 10929

            May should a little cheap, or old school but maybe just paint the front sight blade matte florescent orange? Save yourself the hassle? My 1970s S&W 66 came that way from the factory. it picks up well.

            Comment

            • #21
              k1dude
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2009
              • 15856

              Originally posted by tacticalcity
              May should a little cheap, or old school but maybe just paint the front sight blade matte florescent orange? Save yourself the hassle? My 1970s S&W 66 came that way from the factory. it picks up well.
              Yep. For decades, night sights on revolvers consisted of brightly colored paint, a brass bead or insert, or a brightly colored plastic notch insert.

              You also might consider drilling out your front sight to insert a tritium vial. But drilling against the ramps angle is over my pay grade.
              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

              Comment

              • #22
                Camaro3lcapitan
                Banned
                • Sep 2020
                • 121

                Originally posted by GeorgeMG
                If I could get one at my LGS, I'd get it in an instant. But, I'm not waiting 4 hours to do paperwork for a gun I just kind of want.
                I do really dig'em though.
                Where are you waiting 4 hours?

                Comment

                • #23
                  will227457
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 488

                  Originally posted by aye_dre
                  Just got off the phone with Taurus CS. They do not offer the Defender front night sight on the website, but they said I can place a phone order. They cannot guarantee it will fit my 856 UL. The CS Rep said if it doesn't fit I can return it for a refund, but have to pay shipping.

                  I was going to take a chance and make the purchase. Although, last minute the rep said the item is on backorder with no ETA on a restock. She quoted me $43 for the front night (new pin included) and that is with shipping & tax included for those interested.
                  Part number? I want to order one also.
                  Saving you from yourself one post at a time

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    aye_dre
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2014
                    • 729

                    Originally posted by will227457
                    Part number? I want to order one also.
                    Part number is 322-0006-00

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Regular guy
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 691

                      Nice lookin’ wheel gun.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        GeorgeMG
                        Member
                        • Mar 2019
                        • 298

                        Stopped by the local LGS this morning after
                        work. They had 3 on the shelf. So I picked one
                        up. Black, with exposed hammer. Pick it up
                        on the 27th.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          GeorgeMG
                          Member
                          • Mar 2019
                          • 298

                          I got to go out this morning and shoot the 856. What a sweet little shooter. I know it's a "budget" gun, but it ran great, and was really fun.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1