Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

is it even worth getting another gun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    swerv512
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 3076

    no way this passes! all someone has to do is attach a ridiculous amendment to the bill that would never pass!

    Comment

    • #17
      Midian
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 1540

      PPT ammo.

      I have a feeling no one would cooperate with that.
      The Answer To 1984 Is 1776
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      The free people of the world are at war with an insidious enemy:
      a global banking oligarchy determined to shipwreck the economies of the world
      and feast on its corpse.

      Comment

      • #18
        avidone
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2005
        • 946

        Originally posted by turbochris
        walmart would sell anything if they can make money. they would start curing hemroids if it was profitable.
        Walmart has already stopped selling ammo in some of it's locations for example Rohnert Park, CA.
        Originally posted by ViPER395
        Surrender yourself and your vessel..........Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
        Originally posted by pnkssbtz
        In short, there is no justice. It is a commodity sold to the highest bidder.

        Comment

        • #19
          Oldnoob
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 2829

          I actually think right now is a great time to buy guns. The gun crazy phase is close to the end, I start to see more reasonable price now. Although, cheap/range ammo are hard to find, they will eventually come back. I stop checking wal mart ammo now, if I have something to buy from wal mart, I'll stop by and see but I'm not going to wal mart just to see if they have any more ammo in stock any more. I'm going to wait it off and shoot less. I have use all those would be ammo money on buying new toys.
          Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

          Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

          Comment

          • #20
            Greg-Dawg
            Banned
            • Oct 2006
            • 7793

            It's worth getting a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

            Get them all, you're in America!

            Comment

            • #21
              JTROKS
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2007
              • 13093

              If you need or feel you want another gun go buy it. It's you're right to keep and bear arms. The government won't give you a gun so you'll have to buy it. Enjoy that right while we still have it and I hope no one will ever take it away from us. I've been in countries that doesn't allow regular law abiding citizens gun ownership, not even blackpowder guns. Enjoy it!
              The wise man said just find your place
              In the eye of the storm
              Seek the roses along the way
              Just beware of the thorns...
              K. Meine

              Comment

              • #22
                Mr. Beretta
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2005
                • 6614

                My two bits is unless the gun is a "must have" and a super deal, I wouldn't buy it! Ammo is in high demand right now for a reason. I rather have two 38's and 1000 rds. of ammo than five 38's and 100 rds. JMHO

                Comment

                • #23
                  sorensen440
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 8612

                  get the tools to make your own ammo if your worried about future laws restricting the purchase
                  "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    turbochris
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 849

                    Originally posted by avidone
                    Walmart has already stopped selling ammo in some of it's locations for example Rohnert Park, CA.
                    news to me...wally is the cheapest around here. other local gun stores are selling the same ammo for almost double the price. seen blazer .45 for 28.99 the other day. I hope my local wally doesn't decide to stop selling ammo. although I cant seem to get my hands on the ammo its nice to know I may be able to enjoy my firearms at a reasonable price.

                    back to the op. I think you should get what you want. Its worth the investment for something your going to enjoy. price may go up on that particular gun and you'll end up kicking yourself in the nuts.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      B Strong
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 6367

                      Originally posted by luisdeleon
                      if this law passes with the ammo thing, would it be worth getting a second gun of the same ammo that i already have. i have a P22 fixed up that i can feed it anything, looking to get a beretta 87 cheetah ($800)that i really want but don't know if it is even worth getting it.
                      If you stop buying firearms, the anti's win.

                      Keep the faith, things will loosen up, and we have momentum and the BoR on our side.
                      The way some gunshop clerks spout off, you'd think that they invented gunpowder and the repeating rifle, and sat on the Supreme Court as well.
                      ___________________________________________
                      "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
                      - Jeff Cooper

                      Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        luisdeleon
                        Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 171

                        thanks guys i am getting it

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          glockwise2000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 2534

                          Originally posted by BigDogatPlay
                          My bad... AB962 is this years AB2062, which was also authored by Kevin DeLeon. I got the bill numbers mixed up.

                          AB962 is not law yet. There is no effective date. Saying that it is law, or is certain to be is pretty much FUD to my thinking. Please see below for the complete updated bill history. It is in the Senate with the Rules committee for assignment.

                          COMPLETE BILL HISTORY


                          BILL NUMBER : A.B. No. 962
                          AUTHOR : De Leon
                          TOPIC : Ammunition.

                          TYPE OF BILL :
                          Active
                          Non-Urgency
                          Non-Appropriations
                          Majority Vote Required
                          State-Mandated Local Program
                          Fiscal
                          Non-Tax Levy

                          BILL HISTORY
                          2009
                          June 4 In Senate. Read first time. To Com. on RLS. for assignment.
                          June 3 Read third time, passed, and to Senate.
                          June 2 Read second time. To third reading.
                          June 1 Read second time and amended. Ordered returned to second reading.
                          May 29 From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended. (Ayes 12. Noes 5.)
                          (May 28).
                          May 6 In committee: Set, first hearing. Referred to APPR. suspense
                          file.
                          Apr. 22 From committee: Do pass, and re-refer to Com. on APPR.
                          Re-referred. (Ayes 5. Noes 2.) (April 21).
                          Apr. 14 In committee: Set, first hearing. Hearing canceled at the request
                          of author.
                          Mar. 26 Referred to Com. on PUB. S.
                          Feb. 27 From printer. May be heard in committee March 29.
                          Feb. 26 Read first time. To print.

                          California's regulations got Mal-Wart out of selling firearms in California. If this bill passes, they will simply walk away from selling ammo. Count on it. The requirements of the bill would put requirements in place that would not be cost effective for most retailers. I'd expect that pretty much everyone but FFL's would stop selling ammo..... which is exactly what DeLeon would like to see.

                          AGAIN AS I SAID BEFORE. F U DE LEON.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            RolinThundr
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 1228

                            Wait a minute...I thought the ammo sales scheme was to keep individuals from transferring large quantities between one another, but does it really include provisions to limit the amount of ammo you can buy from a gun or sporting goods store?
                            "The Gun is Civilization", Written By Marko Kloos

                            "The more corrupt the state, the more laws." -Tacitus, Publius Cornelius

                            "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              tombinghamthegreat
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2007
                              • 2785

                              Originally posted by sorensen440
                              get the tools to make your own ammo if your worried about future laws restricting the purchase
                              +1 that.
                              "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense." Ron Paul
                              "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson
                              Originally posted by forumguy
                              The same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.
                              Originally posted by bwiese
                              Sometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                dakobster81
                                Member
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 467

                                we need to get this deLeon guy out. sorry im not familiar with the process, but is this guy voted in, is he selected by judges? can he be impeached? what has to happen to get this guy out? does his term end?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1