Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

XD 45 questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    AT'sGCSRT8
    Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 178

    Originally posted by JJ1911
    Not to hijack the thread but i have a similar question, specifically about the SP trigger job. Will it affect reliability in any way, no in the sense of accidental discharge but in terms of what types of ammo can be used? I thought i read somewhere that you could not use CCI or WWB ammo with a springer precision job because the primers are too hard.
    That is the first I have herd of his trigger job causing light strikes. I have had no problems with mine using blazer ammo.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #17
      FieldsofFire
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 1879

      Originally posted by cineski
      I would suggest the Powder River Match Target kit. Very very nice trigger and about $70 shipped to you (actually, just checked, they've gone up a bit). About an hour of your time and it's done. Put new mag springs in from AGP. Figure out which night sights you'd like and you've got a very complete XD45.

      http://shop.powderriverprecision.net...3&categoryId=2
      I highly recommend Powder River Precision as well. Daniel and Michelle are fantastic. I just recently got their Match Target Easy Fit/Combat Carry kit installed on my XD and everything about the experience was fantastic. Their service is super. Elimination of the trigger take-up, and bringing the pull down to 3.5-5# really improved the XD in my eyes.

      Comment

      • #18
        Cyclepath
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 738

        I have a Powder River kit on my XD45 and Springer trigger work on my XD9. As mentioned before you can install the Powder River kit if you have some basic skills. Not too difficult and it is much better than the factory trigger. Most of the take up and over travel is gone. I did, however, stick with the factory springs because I wanted to keep the trigger pull above 4#. The Springer trigger is definately better than the Powder River but it costs twice as much and you will need to send it in. I plan on using it for target and possibly IPSC so I wanted the best money can buy. Also had Scott Springer install some Dawson sights. Both triggers are much better than stock and you will be much happier than with the crappy stock trigger.

        Comment

        • #19
          Gryff
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2006
          • 12693

          Originally posted by JJ1911
          Not to hijack the thread but i have a similar question, specifically about the SP trigger job. Will it affect reliability in any way, no in the sense of accidental discharge but in terms of what types of ammo can be used? I thought i read somewhere that you could not use CCI or WWB ammo with a springer precision job because the primers are too hard.
          All you have to do is run the stock striker spring. This will make the trigger a hair heavier, but you can shoot just about any ammo reliably. The striker spring is very easy to replace yourself, so you can start with a full-blown trigger job and reduced-power springs, and then re-install the factory striker spring if you encounter problems.

          Originally posted by Pistolwhipped
          I want to put a better barrel in it. Does anyone know if the XD M barrel is for sale? Is it any good? will it fit a standard XD?
          Definitely not. Most-obvious reason...the XD(m) is not made in .45 yet. Aside from that, the barrel shapes are different.

          As others said, a match barrel is not something worth investing in until you know that you can out-shoot the factory barrel. 99% of shooters can't outshoot the factory barrel.

          If you do want to go with a better barrel, keep in mind that match barrels usually need to be fitted to your gun by a gunsmith. Otherwise you'll gain little-to-no benefit from a replacement barrel that can be dropped in without fitting by a gunsmith.


          I shoot an XD9 in competition with a full trigger job, and my home-defense gun is an XD45 Tactical. Since the XD45 is a fighting gun rather than a game gun, I didn't want to have a full trigger job done to it. I chose to put in the Springer Sear ($60) and the Powder River Easy Fit Over Travel Stop ($18). The result is a smoother trigger pull with less take-up and reduced reset, but it isn't the "hair" trigger of my competition guns.
          My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1