Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Revolvers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cowboy T
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2010
    • 5725

    Originally posted by BigPimping
    Might as well drive a model t on the freeway. Unless it's a colt detective special, I failed to see the appeal of any revolver.
    Then don't buy one. Pure and simple.

    Anything that goes bang, I like. I ain't prejudiced. :-)
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
    http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

    Comment

    • bergmen
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 2493

      Originally posted by MountainLion
      You forgot to mention the Freedom Arms 83 revolver, and matching Big Horn rifle. In 454 Casull.
      I have this combo only a Rossi stainless .454 rather than the Big Horn (about 1/5 the cost).

      Dan

      Comment

      • BigPimping
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2010
        • 21485

        Get a Korth....... Ancient technology, but amazing craftsmanship.
        sigpic

        PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

        When pimping begins, friendship ends.

        Don't let your history be a mystery

        Comment

        • Cowboy T
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2010
          • 5725

          Originally posted by bergmen
          I have this combo only a Rossi stainless .454 rather than the Big Horn (about 1/5 the cost).

          Dan
          Hey Dan, what has your experience been like with that Rossi .454? I've been considering one to match the Super Redhawk 454, but I have no experience with a levergun for so powerful a chambering (my most powerful levergun is a Rossi 92 in .44M).
          "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
          F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
          http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
          http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
          http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
          ----------------------------------------------------
          To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

          Comment

          • bergmen
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 2493

            Originally posted by Cowboy T
            Hey Dan, what has your experience been like with that Rossi .454? I've been considering one to match the Super Redhawk 454, but I have no experience with a levergun for so powerful a chambering (my most powerful levergun is a Rossi 92 in .44M).
            Well, I only fired maybe 10 rounds and the front sight flew off. Then the rear could be removed with hand pressure. The dovetails for both sights were machined too shallow. I made several attempts at rectifying the situation, none successful. So, it waits in the safe until I can send it to someplace like Steve's Gunz (who has a reputation of being the Rossi 92 guru).

            It comes with a very good recoil pad. Shooting was just fine with full house loads, not uncomfortable. The hits on the target were all over the place and at first I thought the rifle had terrible inherent accuracy. But it was the crappy sight installation.

            The rifle itself is okay, about average quality. Not up to par with Winchester or Marlin. I don't have any problem with that necessarily since it is the only game in town for .454 in a lever at working man's prices.

            Dan

            Comment

            • tomrkba
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2016
              • 1513

              Originally posted by BigPimping
              Get a Korth....... Ancient technology, but amazing craftsmanship.
              If you are going to have only one, that is the brand to get!
              Biden's
              Laptop
              Matters

              Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1