Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Starting my collection (*updated*)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BB1776
    Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 439

    Very nice start! I agree with the suggestions for a revolver (Match Champion), a .22, and a rifle. No 30-day wait for long guns! Also, you need a shotgun. I recommend a Remington 870.

    Comment

    • #17
      redhemi
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 2966

      Nice start. I have a P01 and at first enjoyed shooting it but didn't like the hook (trigger) I swapped it out with a old style 85 trigger from CGW and now it's one of my favorite compacts.

      Comment

      • #18
        Cup of Cheese
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jun 2020
        • 316

        Originally posted by BB1776
        Very nice start! I agree with the suggestions for a revolver (Match Champion), a .22, and a rifle. No 30-day wait for long guns! Also, you need a shotgun. I recommend a Remington 870.
        I do want a shotgun.

        My Christmas list is getting really long. These things are as addictive as guitars.
        Now my mind is filled with rubber tires, and forest fires
        And whether I'm a liar,
        And lots of other situations where I don't know what to do,
        At which time God screams to me "There's nothing left for me to tell you."

        Comment

        • #19
          newbie1234
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 3131

          Congrats on your collection, we have to start somewhere isn't it. I start with one, you start with two, more than me, and I end up with 3 dozens and keep buying.

          Comment

          • #20
            Hornetsnest
            Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 211

            Great start to the collection.

            I would second the suggestions of adding a 1911 and a shotgun. Springfield has a nice lineup of quality 1911 at good prices. For shotguns, you cant go wrong with either an 870 or Mossberg 500/590. Mainly depends on where you are more comfortable with the safety location. Keep up the good work.

            Comment

            • #21
              metalhead
              Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 444

              Comment

              • #22
                Mr. Blue
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2019
                • 2522

                Great collection! Once I get all of mine out of jail I’m going to make a similar thread. I agree with the addition of a 22lr pistol. Its not only great for teaching and learning, it makes a great addition to any range day. A box of 500 rounds for $20-$30, just can’t beat that amount of shooting for the price. Also a Ruger 10/22 with an optic is fun too. Check out the magpul backpacker stock additions, they come with 4 mags. Also an AR-15. I’d recommend the AR556 if you want to stay well under $800. Have fun!
                https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

                Comment

                • #23
                  Marauder2003
                  Waiting for Abs
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 3121

                  You used the C word. Your long journey needs to start with a safe larger than you think you will ever need.
                  #NotMyPresident
                  #ArrestFauci
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Barang
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 13405

                    Originally posted by Cup of Cheese
                    I'm in the market for a Beretta -- either a 92FS or M9A1, or both

                    They have them in stock at one of the local stores for $629. I've got another 7 days before my 30 days is up.
                    buy it now and dros them later when you pick up the current one in jail.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Cup of Cheese
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jun 2020
                      • 316

                      I left the two in the safe over the weekend, and they multiplied.
                      Now my mind is filled with rubber tires, and forest fires
                      And whether I'm a liar,
                      And lots of other situations where I don't know what to do,
                      At which time God screams to me "There's nothing left for me to tell you."

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Wordupmybrotha
                        From anotha motha
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 6965

                        97B is my favorite 45. Congrats

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          NorCalGlock9
                          Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • 447

                          good choices. The P-01 is the best shooting gun i've ever had

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1