Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What's wrong with this picture?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    prkprisoner
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jul 2004
    • 361

    It does look more like a machine mark than a crack. Could be a blurry picture too.

    Comment

    • #17
      AFTII
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2014
      • 1617

      Originally posted by ysr_racer
      This crack?

      That's it. Thank you.

      Comment

      • #18
        1G75
        Member
        • Sep 2014
        • 180

        I have the same marks on a G19MOS and G45 slide, look more like machine marks than crack to me.... if this is what Brad pointed out in the picture

        Comment

        • #19
          PaperTarget
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 786

          yes. looks like a cutting tool path.

          Comment

          • #20
            jsigone
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2006
            • 1211

            cracks are not as pretty as machined marks w/ .003 radius tolerances.

            lube it and fire it

            Comment

            • #21
              SkyHawk
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2012
              • 23531

              Put some thin oil on it, let it sit 5 minutes and then wipe it off. Turn it over and let it sit. If it is a crack it should be weeping oil.
              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

              Comment

              • #22
                AFTII
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 1617

                Originally posted by 1G75
                I have the same marks on a G19MOS and G45 slide, look more like machine marks than crack to me.... if this is what Brad pointed out in the picture
                Thanks, that helps a lot. Does your G19 MOS or G45 have uneven wear marks on the top of the slide as well? Is the DLC coating worn off on the inside of the slide opposite the ejection port, i.e., the inside L side of the slide?

                I took a look at my G19X, and it has a similar, but not identical, machining mark in that area and my friend's G45 doesn't have any machining mark in that area. I can see now that what I thought was a chip, is a machined in slot, however, it looks like the "crack" terminates in that slot.

                I like this gun and would rather I be wrong about the crack, but I've owned many Glocks before and none have worn as badly or as quickly as this one. Perhaps the DLC coating just sucks.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Preston-CLB
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2018
                  • 4330

                  If you are feeling hinky about the workmanship, or the structural integrity of the gun, contact Glock and have them evaluate it. Go on from what they say.
                  -P
                  ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    NewbieDave
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 1277

                    Same on my G45... not crack, just the way its machined for the "improved" breechface. See below for the details. If lite correctly for the close-up, the crack disappear and shows how the "crack" is just edge of a ramp.





                    NB
                    Last edited by NewbieDave; 05-10-2020, 9:56 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      1G75
                      Member
                      • Sep 2014
                      • 180

                      My G45 has a little more than 1K rounds and it's worn quite a bit more than NewbieDave's pics on the finish...but I still don't think it's something you need to worry about.
                      Last edited by 1G75; 05-11-2020, 7:04 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Powder_Keg
                        Senior Member
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 2203

                        Interesting. Looks like Glock added some type of relief cut to the very edge of the breech face. That tooling path that you thought was a crack is actually there to remove a small sliver of material that would have become a burr. The angle of the photo from NewbieDave adds clarity to what you are seeing.
                        Last edited by Powder_Keg; 05-11-2020, 8:01 AM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1