Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pistol-virgin question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Mr. Meeseeks
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 2951

    Originally posted by WyoDuner
    I know a lot of people like their P22 but before you buy, read up on how picky they are with ammo. Don't forget about Beretta U22 NEOS, Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mark III.
    +1 on these ^ (real .22s) but I would prefer them in reverse order.

    Comment

    • #17
      HappyG
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 942

      Yo,

      Get a Beretta. Classic, and a great .22 kit.

      Comment

      • #18
        walter
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2007
        • 1048

        Originally posted by scc1909
        Are there any 1911-style .22s? I mean just a .22, not a conversion kit.
        ruger 22/45
        WTB:
        PW9142LP
        SA GI 1911 Champion/Commander All Steel

        Originally posted by tonelar
        my recurring gun dream is one where I'm trading shots with BGs and my thompson is only a semi... oh wait, that's not a dream, that's California.

        Comment

        • #19
          dwh100
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 955

          Bust your hymen with a Colt 1911, just like your heart desires. It might hurt at first, but you'll learn to crave it!
          Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
          - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

          Comment

          • #20
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            Originally posted by walter
            ruger 22/45
            This would cost about the same as a .22 conversion. My suggestion would be to buy a good 1911 and a 22/45!
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            • #21
              Ishoot
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 1144

              Go Kimber and one of the aforementioned 22lr pistols and you should be one happy camper.
              "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

              Comment

              • #22
                Cato
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2006
                • 5659

                The Sig 226 in 9mm is my favorite gun of all time: and it's built like a Rolex. You can't go wrong with a Glock 17 too. Make sure you give it some consideration before you buy a gun.

                Comment

                • #23
                  TheCilician
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 508

                  All of these are great suggestions.

                  I think i'm leaning toward the CZ 75. I've read some good things about it...and even though I want the 1911, Just can't afford it now.

                  The CZ is a great gun, and i'll try to look for a Beretta U22 NEOS, or Ruger while I look for a CZ, whichever comes up.


                  ALSO, Thanks all for your commentary, much appreciated!
                  "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that
                  their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    markw
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 821

                    Originally posted by TheCilician
                    Great Website, btw.
                    Hm.

                    I think i'll look to buy a CZ, it looks like a great gun! Maybe a calgunner has one and is trying to get rid of it....

                    Thanks for all your input guys..much appreciated.

                    The 75 is available in .40, and if you get .40 you can get different barrels from places like efk firedragon and what not. Plus you can pick up a Kadet slide in .22.

                    Just picked this up this week, love it. Did some research and a ton of semi-autos are either based on the CZ75 or the 1911. Can't go wrong with either. The CZ's are definately underated and undervalued.

                    Last edited by markw; 05-07-2009, 9:38 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1