Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PPT question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    safinsd
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 89

    I am the buyer. I've always paid in full up up front. As a seller I've always taken full payment up front.

    Comment

    • #17
      DT556
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2011
      • 3671

      No. Cash always upfront

      Comment

      • #18
        safinsd
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 89

        So, in summary:
        - I'm the buyer
        - Seller is non-resident active duty military
        - Gun is off-roster
        - Gun was purchased in another state
        - I think he can do a PPT of the gun to a California resident (me) if he brings his orders to the FFL.

        Comment

        • #19
          waygeekierthanu
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Sep 2010
          • 2728

          Originally posted by safinsd
          So, in summary:

          - I'm the buyer

          - Seller is non-resident active duty military

          - Gun is off-roster

          - Gun was purchased in another state

          - I think he can do a PPT of the gun to a California resident (me) if he brings his orders to the FFL.
          He can, it's fine. I would do cash upfront

          Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
          We have 2011 single shot pistols available!

          We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

          We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

          website

          Comment

          • #20
            jimbo74
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2014
            • 2923

            It's fine, but he may be too trusting? It's his loss if you don't pay, as the gun will be in your name....
            "It is currently CA legal to modify a double-action revolver into a single-action revolver and modify a single-action revolver into a double-action revolver.

            CA DOJ BOF stance on modifying handguns only applies to dimensionally compliant bolt-action single-shot pistols and dimensionally compliant break-open single-shot pistols.
            ^It does not apply to revolvers, manually operated repeating pistols, and semi-auto pistols." ~~ Quiet

            Comment

            • #21
              ar15robert
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2002
              • 2526

              Ive only bought one through PPT i paid cash upfront at the FFL.I as a buyer wouldnt see it any other way.If i were selling id want all upfront too at the dealer.

              Comment

              • #22
                safinsd
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 89

                And the gun is not registered in California. He said it's not a requirement. If anyone can confirm this, I'd appreciate it. Before this I've only bought off-roster guns from California residents.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Oldmandan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 2721

                  Weird that the seller wants to meet you twice to get his money in payments... but if he’s not from CA it’s understandable that he may not know how it’s done here.

                  If the FFL is ok with starting the DROS knowing he is from out of state, then I don’t see any risk for you

                  Better to ask in the FFL forum though, just in case there’s some weird law here that would screw things up for you.
                  "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Oldmandan
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 2721

                    Originally posted by safinsd
                    And the gun is not registered in California. He said it's not a requirement. If anyone can confirm this, I'd appreciate it. Before this I've only bought off-roster guns from California residents.
                    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      safinsd
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • 89

                      I'll look for the FFL forum. He said he's done transfers before here. Just seems odd. But maybe that's how they do it in his home state.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Yodaman
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 2749

                        PPT question

                        Originally posted by safinsd
                        I'll look for the FFL forum. He said he's done transfers before here. Just seems odd. But maybe that's how they do it in his home state.


                        What would you look for in the FFL forum?


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Yodaman; 01-09-2020, 10:14 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          waygeekierthanu
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 2728

                          Originally posted by safinsd
                          I'll look for the FFL forum. He said he's done transfers before here. Just seems odd. But maybe that's how they do it in his home state.
                          I'm telling you it's fine, he just has to bring his duty papers and his federal ID, I literally processed one of these the other day.

                          I am an FFL, 2a zone in rancho Cucamonga

                          Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                          We have 2011 single shot pistols available!

                          We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

                          We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

                          website

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Barang
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 13405

                            Originally posted by safinsd
                            I'll look for the FFL forum. He said he's done transfers before here. Just seems odd. But maybe that's how they do it in his home state.
                            Originally posted by waygeekierthanu
                            I'm telling you it's fine, he just has to bring his duty papers and his federal ID, I literally processed one of these the other day.

                            I am an FFL, 2a zone in rancho Cucamonga

                            Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                            ^^^

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              safinsd
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 89

                              Got clarification. He wants half outside the FFL, then half after the paperwork is done. Different, but not a red flag.
                              Thank you all for weighing in.
                              If they'd just get rid of the idiotic roster, I'd buy the guns I want new. 😕

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                safinsd
                                Junior Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 89

                                "...is his gun is the only one in the world liked Mona Lisa painting?"
                                Lol, the Roster makes some guns rare items I haunt Armslist for.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1