Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

H&K P7M10 Value

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    Originally posted by Tarmy
    I am ignorant as to why this particular shooter is so valuable. I get the roster issue...but could someone please enlighten me about this particular gun being so valuable? Thanks.
    Fixed barrel, delayed blowback by a gas piston, squeeze cocker, just for starters

    Oh and....

    Last edited by SkyHawk; 04-21-2019, 7:50 PM.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #32
      alwaysbest
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2016
      • 537

      Originally posted by offrdmania
      Keep in mind that police trade in models usually hold less of a premium because they are most likely altered/milled and refinished as compared to a civilian model. I carry my standard civilian model P7 everyday. Purchased it back in the day for about $850. It is my most accurate pistol.

      Is this from LSB auction? Definitely looks like it...

      Comment

      • #33
        offrdmania
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 4053

        H&K P7M10 Value

        Originally posted by alwaysbest
        Is this from LSB auction? Definitely looks like it...


        Yes it was, almost 10 years ago now I picked it up from them. I loved walking through that old office of theirs and the militaria they had laying around.

        Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

        Comment

        • #34
          alwaysbest
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2016
          • 537

          Originally posted by offrdmania
          Yes it was, almost 10 years ago now I picked it up from them. I loved walking through that old office of theirs and the militaria they had laying around.

          Comment

          • #35
            offrdmania
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 4053

            Originally posted by alwaysbest
            Very nice..you didn’t win this gun..you basically stole it from them��
            Not really, that was the going price for a standard P7 then. At the same time I met John Jardine and could have bought one of his Valtro 1911s but all of my pistols were 9mm so I didnt want to add another caliber to my collection. Kicking myself now over that deal. Got a Valtro shotgun from him though
            Last edited by offrdmania; 04-21-2019, 8:03 PM.
            Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

            Comment

            • #36
              Franklincollector
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2014
              • 931

              I wish you were closer. I’d buy it from you.

              Comment

              • #37
                RCxRC
                Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 160

                Don't make the mistake I did...

                Fire4Effect,

                Don't make the same mistake I did and short yourself what your collection is worth today, not what you may have paid for it back-in-the-day. I bought dozens of really nice rifles and handguns back in the 80's and 90's. During my "divorce sale" in between 2008-09 I sold nearly everything to stay afloat. I really didn't do much market research on what prices had done in the previous several years and sold most of my collection for what I paid for it, thinking "Hey, I got my fun out of it, now I just want my investment back".

                Stuff I was listing here was going in hours, if not minutes. When I met folks to do the PPT's they could barely contain their hysterical giggling as I explained the missed micro-scratch or slightly faded bluing. I was selling M1 carbines for $400, thinking I was doing great, since I paid $200 each for them, not realizing they were already going for $6-800 in the LGS's. I sold a 1903A3 for what I paid for it, $400, not realizing they were already going for $200+ more than that. I sold a NIB P7M13 for $1350 (what I paid) and a LNIB P7M8 Chantilly for $850 (again, what I paid), not realizing they had already doubled in price. All matching parts 1915 Erfurt Luger for $750 with straw still showing on the accents, levers, and trigger, what I paid for it. Or an early '70's Walther PP .380, LNIB, no import markings
                for $350, what I paid for it. S&W 629 Classic DX .44 mag, very good condition, with a Leupold 4x scope on a Weigand base...$500. Titanium S&W 342 for $350, b/c it "had a few scratches", and I had only paid $450 for it originally. Walther P88, LNIB w/test target, for $800. P5, VP70, Hammerli, you name it...

                As I said, I was feeling a bit nostalgic and figured I'd had my fun just having some of the pieces in my collection, or if guns were "shooters" that I had the enjoyment of putting a few rounds down range and had gotten my money's worth. So I figured I would make a quick sale and someone else would benefit and gain as much enjoyment as I had. I did not consider "gouging" anyone, and my lack of current pricing knowledge (laziness not checking things out better) added up. As I said, I really wanted to offer fair prices and for these firearms to find happy new homes to someone else who'd enjoy them. Problem was, my prices were way below fair, to the point of being a steal for most of them.

                My well-wishes and "generosity" were mostly wasted. The vast majority of those pieces were quickly flipped and re-sold for profits. I verified this with several buyers I ran into around the LGS's years later..."Hey, how's that Mini-14 / Sig P220 German / HK USP Match I sold you"..."Oh that, I sold it..." Unless someone is your friend, or family, they often will be on the lookout for a "good deal" (or better) to simply flip it and spend the profit on something else that they really wanted. Being too "cheap" isn't doing anyone a favor, except the buyer you are selling to. Fair pricing, as per the current market, without gouging, is just that: fair.

                Do your homework, like you are doing now. Check pricing for items sold here, or in auctions, and check the blue book of firearms. Consider the scarcity due to CA limitations (off-roster, etc).

                One caveat: Unfortunately, the Entertainment business in So-Cal and the Dot.com Tech boom in the Bay Area (where you are) have really created very deep pockets and have tipped the market for higher-end collectibles, especially discontinued models or "off-roster" handguns. Your P7M10 is fairly worth $4500-5500 anywhere in the U.S. right now because few were made, and they have been discontinued for years, but particularly here in CA. I'm sure if you put it up for bid first, with a $5k reserve, it could potentially go for more, but a PPT in the Bay Area or So Cal will likely be just as rewarding.
                "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
                --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

                Comment

                • #38
                  BigPimping
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 21481

                  Please do not sell. You will regret it. I have wanted one of these things as long as I can remember. But the asking price is for them are just too rich for me. I can look and admire though.
                  sigpic

                  PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                  When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                  Don't let your history be a mystery

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Fire4Effect
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 601

                    Thank you for you post. I have been selling off firearms I don't shoot for the last 3 years. I have done my best to determine what they are worth and I am very pleased with what they sold for. Due to health issues and age it is time to sell the safe queens. I still plan to shoot, but I don't want my wife to get stuck with them and end up selling them for a fraction of their value.

                    Originally posted by RCxRC
                    Fire4Effect,

                    Don't make the same mistake I did and short yourself what your collection is worth today, not what you may have paid for it back-in-the-day. I bought dozens of really nice rifles and handguns back in the 80's and 90's. During my "divorce sale" in between 2008-09 I sold nearly everything to stay afloat. I really didn't do much market research on what prices had done in the previous several years and sold most of my collection for what I paid for it, thinking "Hey, I got my fun out of it, now I just want my investment back".

                    Stuff I was listing here was going in hours, if not minutes. When I met folks to do the PPT's they could barely contain their hysterical giggling as I explained the missed micro-scratch or slightly faded bluing. I was selling M1 carbines for $400, thinking I was doing great, since I paid $200 each for them, not realizing they were already going for $6-800 in the LGS's. I sold a 1903A3 for what I paid for it, $400, not realizing they were already going for $200+ more than that. I sold a NIB P7M13 for $1350 (what I paid) and a LNIB P7M8 Chantilly for $850 (again, what I paid), not realizing they had already doubled in price. All matching parts 1915 Erfurt Luger for $750 with straw still showing on the accents, levers, and trigger, what I paid for it. Or an early '70's Walther PP .380, LNIB, no import markings
                    for $350, what I paid for it. S&W 629 Classic DX .44 mag, very good condition, with a Leupold 4x scope on a Weigand base...$500. Titanium S&W 342 for $350, b/c it "had a few scratches", and I had only paid $450 for it originally. Walther P88, LNIB w/test target, for $800. P5, VP70, Hammerli, you name it...

                    As I said, I was feeling a bit nostalgic and figured I'd had my fun just having some of the pieces in my collection, or if guns were "shooters" that I had the enjoyment of putting a few rounds down range and had gotten my money's worth. So I figured I would make a quick sale and someone else would benefit and gain as much enjoyment as I had. I did not consider "gouging" anyone, and my lack of current pricing knowledge (laziness not checking things out better) added up. As I said, I really wanted to offer fair prices and for these firearms to find happy new homes to someone else who'd enjoy them. Problem was, my prices were way below fair, to the point of being a steal for most of them.

                    My well-wishes and "generosity" were mostly wasted. The vast majority of those pieces were quickly flipped and re-sold for profits. I verified this with several buyers I ran into around the LGS's years later..."Hey, how's that Mini-14 / Sig P220 German / HK USP Match I sold you"..."Oh that, I sold it..." Unless someone is your friend, or family, they often will be on the lookout for a "good deal" (or better) to simply flip it and spend the profit on something else that they really wanted. Being too "cheap" isn't doing anyone a favor, except the buyer you are selling to. Fair pricing, as per the current market, without gouging, is just that: fair.

                    Do your homework, like you are doing now. Check pricing for items sold here, or in auctions, and check the blue book of firearms. Consider the scarcity due to CA limitations (off-roster, etc).

                    One caveat: Unfortunately, the Entertainment business in So-Cal and the Dot.com Tech boom in the Bay Area (where you are) have really created very deep pockets and have tipped the market for higher-end collectibles, especially discontinued models or "off-roster" handguns. Your P7M10 is fairly worth $4500-5500 anywhere in the U.S. right now because few were made, and they have been discontinued for years, but particularly here in CA. I'm sure if you put it up for bid first, with a $5k reserve, it could potentially go for more, but a PPT in the Bay Area or So Cal will likely be just as rewarding.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      RCxRC
                      Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 160

                      Sounds like you're on the right track.

                      Too many times I've heard from my very elderly parents in Palm Springs that among their friends the husband passes and the wife simply hauls the old fella's collection to the nearest gun store to sell it as a lot, with no idea what it is really worth.

                      Explains why there are a dozen gun shops in Palm Springs and yet they only recently opened their first indoor shooting range within a 45 minute drive. Of course, the new indoor range located itself right across the street from the entrance to Del Webb Sun City, and that is where the latest friend / widow hauled off a reportedly "very expensive" collection before my parents told me about it.

                      I've spoken to many friends I've made over the years who were managers at gun shops, and they admit that when they buy used pieces or collections they almost never pay over 30-40% of its actual retail value, often even less. At best, perhaps closer to 50% for something really rare or that they have already located or have in mind a specific prospective buyer for.

                      When buying used or collections, they basically function as a pawn shop would, and offer no more than what they think some other gun or pawn shop in the area would, considering their local market.

                      I've tried to get my adult son, with whom I've been shooting with since he was in early elementary school, to listen carefully when I tell him what things in my collection are worth, but he isn't very interested. He's busy living his own life. Fortunately, I have one younger cousin who would likely step in and either take over or coordinate selling my collection should anything happen. In the meantime, I try to keep an up-to-date spreadsheet of what I paid and what everything appears to be worth every couple of years.

                      You're doing the right thing.

                      Years ago my sister and I inherited a large Spanish stamp collection from our grandmother. She had told us it was worth around $60k when she died. We met with several local stamp shops, and the best we could get was $6k from a dealer in Beverly Hills. We figured our grandmother simply didn't know the "current market", and accepted the offer.

                      A month or so later I happened to peruse the dealer's website and ran across a webpage set up specifically to sell my grandmother's collection. Listed as a "rare, nearly perfect, nearly complete Spanish stamp collection from a long-time collector's estate...", the total listed sale value of the stamps included was over $34k. And that is just for the stamps listed. I am sure the dealer cherry-picked the best stamps for himself or for his high-end, high-paying collectors.

                      If we were smarter, we would have learned a bit more about the hobby and sold off the pieces through auctions or as a lot through an auction house. Or possibly hired a sales rep. But we too were much younger and "busy" with our lives back then (as my son now is) and simply didn't have the time or enough interest. And it cost us dearly. That investment back then would have made a world of difference now.

                      Caveat emptor.
                      Last edited by RCxRC; 04-22-2019, 8:18 PM.
                      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
                      --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        SkyHawk
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 23531

                        I really want a set of Nill grips for mine but I hear they are fragile.

                        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          faterikcartman
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 1404

                          Originally posted by SkyHawk
                          I really want a set of Nill grips for mine but I hear they are fragile.

                          30th floor of Nakatomi Plaza.
                          Given the subject of this thread, well played Mr Gruber. Well played.
                          I am not your lawyer. I am not giving you or anyone else who reads my posts legal advice. I am making off-the-cuff comments that may or may not be accurate and are personal, not professional, opinion. If you think you need a lawyer please retain a qualified attorney in your jurisdiction. Your local bar association may be able to help if you need a referral.

                          Two Weeks!: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...p/t-59936.html

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            nitroxdiver
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 6979

                            Originally posted by SkyHawk
                            I really want a set of Nill grips for mine but I hear they are fragile.



                            Comment

                            • #44
                              9mmepiphany
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 8075

                              That has been my experience also.

                              They are very solid grips, but due to how they attach to the P7M8 frame, there is a undercut that has to be very thin to fit. There is no issue once installed on the pistol
                              ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                9mmepiphany
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 8075

                                Originally posted by Rogerbutthead
                                I got my P7M8 used - was told it was a police trade in. Not too expensive. The P7M13 was used too, but not that much more in price. To think that they appreciated that much in value is rather surprising.
                                Your LE trade-in was likely a New Jersey State Police duty gun. I remember when Century Arms had them for $675.

                                When H&K was trying to get into the LE market, the M8 was $358 and the M13 was $387.

                                I bought my P7 PSP when they first came to market for $400 and carried it as a duty gun. I still shoot in occasionally in IDPA
                                ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1